• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Black Swordsman vs Little Red

CurrySenpai

She/Her
FC/OC VS Battles
Content Moderator
Now that Post-Aincrad Kirito got upgraded I can make this matchup

Battle Rules:
  • Human Realm Arc Kirito and Post Beacon Ruby will be used
  • Speed Equalized
  • They start 15 meters away from each other
  • Win via incapacitation or death
  • Other SBA
Battle Info:
  • Kirito is 16.2026706295 tons
  • Ruby is 6.935 tons

Kirito The Swordsman:
Sword-Art-Online-Alicization-Kirito-Featured-Image.jpg

Ruby Rose:
274.jpeg

So... Kirito wins in the hax department in a landslide, and Ruby will have no way in hell in outlasting him due to his infinite stamina. However, in Ruby's case: she has the speed advantage with ways to speed herself up to the point that Kirito is going to have a hell of a hard time in hitting Ruby, the protective and passively healing nature of Ruby's Aura makes the AP advantage a bit less painful for her in terms of taking hits, she has dust rounds which may or may not be helpful, and methinks that Ruby and Kirito are somewhat equal in the skill department due to Ruby essentially training most of her life to become a huntress and Kirito's natural talent and all of his time in virtual worlds.

Not voting yet. Am just leaving this here so that a discussion may possibly start here.

Methinks that Ruby and Kirito are somewhat equal in the skill department due to Ruby essentially training most of her life to become a huntress and Kirito's natural talent and all of his time in virtual worlds.
Thanks for your input! Kirito may actually have skill on lock here since at his peak of the Human Realm arc he defeated Quinella who was a nigh-omniscience (in terms of her knowledge of the Underworld while ruling it) being who lived for over 363 years.

Last edited:
Ye, that is true. But at the very least, I do think that neither one of them would be able to skill stomp each other... Okay, Ruby struggles with human opponents albeit those times only happens when Ruby is disarmed so if Kirito is capable of getting rid of Ruby's scythe then he has a reliable win-con against Ruby that isn't just hitting Ruby very hard with a sword.

"Okay, Ruby struggles with human opponents albeit those times only happens when Ruby is disarmed so if Kirito is capable of getting rid of Ruby's scythe then he has a reliable win-con against Ruby that isn't just hitting Ruby very hard with a sword."

Actually I think she only struggles with human foes is because her weapon is too deadly and she always tries not to kill them

A problem she doesn't have here also thats not entirely true though, the only time Ruby has struggled against other human opponents was when they were immensely stronger or absurdly more skilled than her, and Kirito doesnt really have the strength to physically disarm Ruby (Class K vs Superhuman)

Last edited:
"Okay, Ruby struggles with human opponents albeit those times only happens when Ruby is disarmed so if Kirito is capable of getting rid of Ruby's scythe then he has a reliable win-con against Ruby that isn't just hitting Ruby very hard with a sword."

Actually I think she only struggles with human foes is because her weapon is too deadly and she always tries not to kill them

A problem she doesn't have here also thats not entirely true though, the only time Ruby has struggled against other human opponents was when they were immensely stronger or absurdly more skilled than her, and Kirito doesnt really have the strength to physically disarm Ruby (Class K vs Superhuman)
Good point, good point.

I suppose you have an idea of how this match should go, Spin? Personally, I won't vote for either side until good arguments are presented for both of their cases. But I will continue in helping this thread moving forward by saying that Ruby's silver eyes are absolutely useless against Kirito, as per the norm for Ruby matches, but she absolutely has the range advantage with her sniper mode that she can abuse if she decides it is best for her to run away and shot Kirito from a distance which he can't do a thing about although I don't know if she will actually do this and I'll have to defer to you Spin if this is in-character move of Ruby to do.

For Kirito's side... Ruby's first move, in character, is to rush in and fight up-close in most cases since she's typically used in having a speed advantage, which Kirito is able to somewhat overcome with speed equal being a thing in this match albeit Ruby is capable of amplifying her speed with Petal Burst, anyways, the most important thing to note is that the opening moves of this match are probably home to the highest chance of Ruby getting hit by Kirito's hax, a lot of which Ruby can't resist...

However. Curry. What are Kirito's in-character opening moves? Sword-fighting or utilizing his hax?

If it is the former, Ruby might get the idea of running away and sniping from a distance once she realizes the AP difference. If it is the latter, which hax does Kirito opt for first?

However. Curry. What are Kirito's in-character opening moves? Sword-fighting or utilizing his hax?
Since this is Human Realm Kirito depending on the situation Kirito would either opt to start with sword fighting or use the sacred arts to assist him. For example, he could use Umbral Element to create a dark mist that could cloak him for some time, Luminous Element to flashbang Ruby, Cryogenic to shield himself from incoming fire, or Thermal to give him some projectiles he can utilize. He wouldn't start using his Enhance Armaments until later in the fight or unless he needed to.

I'll also get incarnation out of the way and say that Kirito can utilize it to extend the moves of his attacks. He does this in his fight versus Chudelkin when he extends Vorpal Strikes range to 15 meters ( I believe). Also would like to mention that unless Ruby can do something extremely big that would make Kirito feel hopeless or has Empathetic Manipulation we won't really see the negative effects of it during this battle. Kirito has had his arm cut off and even witnessed his greatest friend basically die before his very eye and still fought Quinella WHILE utilizing Incarnation to his benefit.

"but she absolutely has the range advantage with her sniper mode that she can abuse if she decides it is best for her to run away and shot Kirito from a distance which he can't do a thing about although I don't know if she will actually do this and I'll have to defer to you Spin if this is in-character move of Ruby to do."

It's in-character for her to do yes, especially if she feels that she is being overwhelmed by her opponent in CQC

"Since this is Human Realm Kirito depending on the situation Kirito would either opt to start with sword fighting or use the sacred arts to assist him. For example, he could use Umbral Element to create a dark mist that could cloak him for some time, Luminous Element to flashbang Ruby, Cryogenic to shield himself from incoming fire, or Thermal to give him some projectiles he can utilize. He wouldn't start using his Enhance Armaments until later in the fight or unless he needed to. "

Ruby's Semblance would actually hard counter Umbral Element as it creates a vacuum/slipstream as a side effect. How strong is Cryogenic and how big of a shield is it? Ruby's bullets are armor-piercing and they have elemental AoE that could still affect Kirito even if the initial bullet is blocked.

How strong is Cryogenic and how big of a shield is it? Ruby's bullets are armor-piercing and they have elemental AoE that could still affect Kirito even if the initial bullet is blocked.
Pretty strong, and the size depends on the shape Kirito decides to give it. The cryogenic shield was able to block Deusolbert's Enhance Armament which upscale from their physical strength by a lot we just don't have a calc for it. Not to mention Kirito also has spinning shield which also serves as a deterrent for projectiles and also has a higher durability.

"Pretty strong, and the size depends on the shape Kirito decides to give it. The cryogenic shield was able to block Deusolbert's Enhance Armament which upscale from their physical strength by a lot we just don't have a calc for it. Not to mention Kirito also has spinning shield which also serves as a deterrent for projectiles and also has a higher durability."

Fair, but Ruby in this key is a skilled enough sniper to be able to curve her bullets around obstacles (frist episode of vol 4), and she's also entirely capable of and willing to use her rifle at point blank range and is able to do so semi-automatically

Back