• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, no one has even provided an appropriate counterargument to my post or Mickey's so I am going to conclusively vote for Ash's Pikachu. Although I honestly think this is a stomp considering the huge difference from 8-A to At least 7-A and the lack of legitimate feats.

Maybe if this was Manga Red this would be closer and easier to argue.

It would be nice to see matchups between all 1st generation protagonist counterparts with conclusive results, though I don't know anything about Manga Red.

Vote counted, but I'm thinking one thing: is one of the reasons for making Ash win is that his Pikachu stomps, shouldn't this thread be close? Or rather, are those reasons valid?

Eh, I'm memeing as I said that. At the moment with the current information in the profiles, Ash's pikachu just desicively wins.

CryoTheMayo said:
Well, no one has even provided an appropriate counterargument to my post or Mickey's so I am going to conclusively vote for Ash's Pikachu. Although I honestly think this is a stomp considering the huge difference from 8-A to At least 7-A and the lack of legitimate feats.
ok, stop saying that Red's Pikachu is only 8A

Remember, this is Game Pikachu. Statistically, he isn't far behind Red's other Pokemon. In fact, it's likely he scales to them to an extent. It wouldn't make sense for Red to bring Pikachu alongside him at all in the first place if Pikachu truly was that weak. In all but 1 of his appearances in-game, Red's Pikachu was at a higher level than all of his other Pokemon (in the only exception, all of Red's Pokemon were lv.50), PLUS Pikachu's Light Bal increases his power even more

Although I don't disagree that this is a stomp match, I do disagree with your downplay

Mickey1940 said:
CryoTheMayo said:
ok, stop saying that Red's Pikachu is only 8A
Remember, this is Game Pikachu. Statistically, he isn't far behind Red's other Pokemon. In fact, it's likely he scales to them to an extent. It wouldn't make sense for Red to bring Pikachu alongside him at all in the first place if Pikachu truly was that weak. In all but 1 of his appearances in-game, Red's Pikachu was at a higher level than all of his other Pokemon (in the only exception, all of Red's Pokemon were lv.50), PLUS Pikachu's Light Bal increases his power even more

Although I don't disagree that this is a stomp match, I do disagree with your downplay
But you have literally no proof of this. I was just posting in the Pokemon tier revision thread earlier and was informed that those keys are meant to be for the strongest of their species (I.E Level 100) so unless I was lied to that 8-A key should be the key used for Red's Pikachu.

And what 'downplay'? Pikachu is a statistically weak pokemon. Even with the light ball Pikachu has a BST of 435 which is at least 70 SP weaker than any starter pokemon. Am I meant to just believe Red's Pikachu is above 8-A when Game Pikachu is 8-A and relatively is weak compared to any fully evolved pokemon?

In comparison we have consistent blatant feats of Ash's Pikachu matching and defeating extremely powerful fully evolved pokemon. It has defeated a Tyranitar and Metagross in a row then electrocuted an absurdly powerful Charizard and forced it to its knees. These are all pokemon used by Alain who defeated Malva, an Elite 4 member, with his Charizard. That Charizard could match Ash-Greninja blow for blow in its Mega Evo and could defeat Ash-Greninja when an incomplete Ash-Greninja could fight Diantha's restrained Mega Gardevoir toe to toe.

Essentially speaking you are comparing a Pikachu that can take out multiple fully evolved pokemon (said pokemon are among the most powerful breeds in the entire world) that were raised and trained by an E4-level trainer that has numerous feats of fighting by itself to a high-level of skill to Red's Pikachu. Who has no profile and no feats to warrant such assumptions.

If you want to argue that Red's Pikachu is so amazing because it's Level 88 then I can bring up that fully evolved pokemon that are level 70 and below can one shot it whereas Ash's Pikachu can tank multiple hits from a E4-level Metagross and still win.

@CryoTheMayo

I'm not saying that Red's Pikachu is as strong as his other pokemon (although there is a posibility that he is). I'm just saying that he should be way stronger than an 8A. Red's Pikachu should be perfectly capable of slapping wild 1st evolution Pokemon like Diglet, Pidgey, and Horsea (and no, not just because he has type advantage over a few of them), who are all 8A

Ash already had a match with Red (where they used Pokémon). Wouldn't having the same characters battle again be a little redundant?

TheMasculineMineta said:
Ash already had a match with Red (where they used Pokémon). Wouldn't having the same characters battle again be a little redundant?
This is Ash's Pikachu vs Red's Pikachu, no other pokemon and the trainers themselves don't fight

Yeah, but if we add it to the pages then Ash will have two matches with the same Red on his profile, same for Red.

Back