• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ash Ketchum Vs. Red (Pokémon)

Voting Ash for now. He has more skills and experience than a mid game Red, who is still in the middle of his adventure battling Team Rocket and Gym Leaders. Whereas Ash has battled dozens of Gym Leaders, multiple evil organizations, and the best trainers in the world.
Other than that, he also has probably a more diverse pool of Pokémon and can come up with wacky strategies on the fly

Voting Ash for now. He has more skills and experience than a mid game Red, who is still in the middle of his adventure battling Team Rocket and Gym Leaders. Whereas Ash has battled dozens of Gym Leaders, multiple evil organizations, and the best trainers in the world.
Other than that, he also has probably a more diverse pool of Pokémon and can come up with wacky strategies on the fly
Hm, would it be fairer if it was End Game Red instead?

I believe so.
The gap between them I believe isnt that big so I think its still fair and not a stomp

I see we use Gen 1 Red after he became the Champion then? Red is the strongest in Kanto making him stronger than Lance and Blue

However, Ash not only became the Champion as well in Alola, but he also the strongest trainer in the world, being able to even best Leon in battle. Ash also wields Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves that he can use at any time

Red doesn't have a canon gen 1 team, but assuming it's similar to his HGSS team, Red is also at a severe disadvantage in terms of battle. Ash's Pikachu has the advantage over half of his team

Ash should win here handily

Back