• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Garou has no resistance to time stop and his reactive evolution is only shown to resist physical things like radiation, electricity, and heat, or just straight up making him stronger faster and more skilled
using reactive evolution against time stop is kinda like….not how it works
misinterpreting how RE operates. Re isn't about the feats you have showcased, but about what you're capable of adapting to. RE as an ability is reactionary, and unless you're instantly nuked or it pertains to a state of being you can evolve.

He only learned how to use portals after fighting blast, and the only thing that happened before that was the serious punch squared because he was already standing right next to him
Think about this for more than 2 seconds dude, the enemy is a mile away and all he has to do is think a portal into existence and he can instantly go right next to him
You do realise that since Kratos is a mile away, he can just power nullify them with the Soul of Hades from a distance?

Pretty ******* good actually. It can effortlessly reflect BoO's attacks and even counter it outright. The only forces stronger than it are Fear Zeus and PoH Kratos.

In terms of durability, the BoO is its equal, and only the Boots of Hermes and Blades of Exile are tankier.
Ah. Would this be part of his equipment since he had it in GOW2?

Before you get on me about "stupid FRA trains", I want to let you know I have read every single post in this thread. I saw every single argument for Kratos and every single argument for Garou.

No, I don't think Garou can copy Kratos's hax, nor his usage of magic, which doesn't even exist in OPM.

Yes, I think Kratos can survive radiation long enough to actually utilize his abilities with a combination of his time hax, his Reactive Evolution also covering biological manipulation, and his superhuman stamina.

Garou would likely utilize portals for versatility, yes.

No, Garou doesn't have an answer to time stop or the conceptual/soul stuff Kratos can do with literally his bare hands.

Yes, Garou has wincons.

Yes, Kratos has wincons.

And I think Kratos has the better wincons. Garou has something solid with radiation, which I believe Kratos can answer with his various resistances and stamina, but Kratos has way too much that Garou doesn't have an answer for.

Garou gets treated like Poseidon at the end of GoW3 FRA
I'm gonna piggyback off this because this honestly very effectively sums up my thoughts. Garou definitely has some good wincons, especially radiation, and Reactive Evolution has the potential for some crazy shit, but Kratos' wincons are better to me. In a set of 10 matches for example, I could see Kratos' wincons being achieved more often than Garou's. Time stop is a major point in Kratos' favor and I think it's rather baseless to assume Garou will be able to evolve to resist it.

So my vote goes to Kratos, and whoever's claiming their favorite character is only losing because of "dumb FRA trains" is being very dishonest...

I do think that Garou being able to evolve against time stop is complete bs yeah
Before you get on me about "stupid FRA trains", I want to let you know I have read every single post in this thread. I saw every single argument for Kratos and every single argument for Garou.

No, I don't think Garou can copy Kratos's hax, nor his usage of magic, which doesn't even exist in OPM.

Yes, I think Kratos can survive radiation long enough to actually utilize his abilities with a combination of his time hax, his Reactive Evolution also covering biological manipulation, and his superhuman stamina.

Garou would likely utilize portals for versatility, yes.

No, Garou doesn't have an answer to time stop or the conceptual/soul stuff Kratos can do with literally his bare hands.

Yes, Garou has wincons.

Yes, Kratos has wincons.

And I think Kratos has the better wincons. Garou has something solid with radiation, which I believe Kratos can answer with his various resistances and stamina, but Kratos has way too much that Garou doesn't have an answer for.

Garou gets treated like Poseidon at the end of GoW3 FRA
The only thing I disagree about this is that I don’t agree that Kratos could survive his radiation long enough to do anything
the only radiation he can take is garou’s passive radiation from a distance, but his passive radiation at melee range is fatal, as well as his multi continental sized nuclear fission blasts, and gamma ray burst with 68 billion grays is overkill beyond overkill

I do think that Garou being able to evolve against time stop is complete bs yeah

The only thing I disagree about this is that I don’t agree that Kratos could survive his radiation long enough to do anything
the only radiation he can take is garou’s passive radiation from a distance, but his passive radiation at melee range is fatal, as well as his multi continental sized nuclear fission blasts, and gamma ray burst with 68 billion grays is overkill beyond overkill
Honestly, Kratos can just RE the radiation. Or just power nullify the radiation away entirely. Garou doesn't show any type of resistance to power nullification, so just one power nullification with Zeus's Fury or Soul of Hades and it's over.

Or you know, just a simple BFR to Tartarus. And then he fights Cronos and gets murdered

Honestly, Kratos can just RE the radiation. Or just power nullify the radiation away entirely. Garou doesn't show any type of resistance to power nullification, so just one power nullification with Zeus's Fury or Soul of Hades and it's over.

Or you know, just a simple BFR to Tartarus. And then he fights Cronos and gets murdered
He can’t RE something that kills him literally instantly

Is there any evidence that it kills him instantly?
I’ve repeated myself like 12 times already but
the statement that bang would die just from getting close to Garou, when the radiation was already damaging him from a distance
along with the radiation values listed on garou’s profile which would just kill him instantly

I’ve repeated myself like 12 times already but
the statement that bang would die just from getting close to Garou, when the radiation was already damaging him from a distance
along with the radiation values listed on garou’s profile which would just kill him instantly
They start at a distance. Not to mention how Kratos can immediately time-stop and just avoid the radiation entirely, or just adapt to it while in a time-stop. Again, it takes seconds to adapt. Bang is just a human, too, so a statement for him getting close and dying doesn't particularly relate to Kratos.

They start at a distance. Not to mention how Kratos can immediately time-stop and just avoid the radiation entirely, or just adapt to it while in a time-stop. Again, it takes seconds to adapt. Bang is just a human, too, so a statement for him getting close and dying doesn't particularly relate to Kratos.
Adapting in seconds <<< dying instantly to 68.4 billion radiation
starting at a mile distance <<<< constantly spamming teleport that can cross cosmic distances

Kratos not being a human doesn’t automatically grant him radiation resistance, get your faulty logic out of here

To survive radiation you would need to have a resistance to it, it's not AP. Bang being a human in this case means nothing.

Adapting in seconds <<< dying instantly to 68.4 billion radiation
starting at a mile distance <<<< constantly spamming teleport that can cross cosmic distances

Kratos not being a human doesn’t automatically grant him radiation resistance, get your faulty logic out of here
I'm not using Kratos not being human granting him radiation resistance. I'm saying that you're comparing a human to a demi-god. That's not how comparisons work. It's like comparing a GOW human to a OPM human, despite the fact that GOW humans can survive injuries that are considered superhuman.

Also, Kratos can teleport himself with Alarik's Barbarian Hammer (which is usable, he got it in GOW 2 when he was just a demi-god.) So again, he can just get away. Not to mention that Kratos again, can just instantly BFR him to Tartarus, nullify his power (which has a low multiversal range,) or just RE from a distance. Or just deconstruction, as per usual.

Kratos just has far better wincons. Garou's only wincon is radiation, which can easily be avoided by a time-stop, power nullification, RE, or a BFR to Tartarus where Garou eventually tries to fight Cronos for some stupid reason and gets murdered.

The fact bang is a human doesn't really matter, if kratos didn't showed more radiation resistance
And bang bro is far from a normal human anyways even for opm standards

You know, now that I think about it, wouldn't Kratos technically be able to survive in cosmic radiation due to absorbing Ares's powers (since he may have had them in GOW 2.) Actually, probably not due to putting them in the BoO? @KLOL506 Can you confirm?

You know, now that I think about it, wouldn't Kratos technically be able to survive in cosmic radiation due to absorbing Ares's powers (since he may have had them in GOW 2.) Actually, probably not due to putting them in the BoO? @KLOL506 Can you confirm?
It didn't absorb Resistance, only his powers.

I'm not using Kratos not being human granting him radiation resistance. I'm saying that you're comparing a human to a demi-god. That's not how comparisons work. It's like comparing a GOW human to a OPM human, despite the fact that GOW humans can survive injuries that are considered superhuman.
Kratos isn’t human therefore radiation will take longer to kill him even though he has shown 0 radiation resistance
this is like taking some character named god and being like “um god shouldn’t be able to be killed by goku, he’s literally god”
stop trying to give kratos radiation resistance while trying to say you’re not trying to give him radiation resistance. Stop. Stop. Stop.

Why are people arguing RE and Radiation Resistance as a wincon? Kratos has other wincons to fall back on.

Kratos isn’t human therefore radiation will take longer to kill him even though he has shown 0 radiation resistance
this is like taking some character named god and being like “um god shouldn’t be able to be killed by goku, he’s literally god”
stop trying to give kratos radiation resistance while trying to say you’re not trying to give him radiation resistance. Stop. Stop. Stop.
Again, I am not arguing for radiation resistance. Jesus christ.

Okay, then Kratos doesn’t resist radiation, meaning he dies to it as fast as bang does
the end
Incorrect, because again.

Time-stop immediately
A BFR to Tartarus
Power nullify Garou immediately
Can just teleport away to the Underworld to do the same exact thing while being 100% safe.
Though a power nullification is the only thing really needed.
Thus it's still a win for Kratos

Also, how frequently does Kratos lead with power null? Actually, scratch that. Him basically seeing the future could give him the idea to lead with that in order to win.

Also, how frequently does Kratos lead with power null? Actually, scratch that. Him basically seeing the future could give him the idea to lead with that in order to win.
Quite frequently actually, in the novel he uses Zeus's Fury not to just smite his opponents, but also to rejuvenate himself and his magic surplus even further.

Ultimately tho, he'll decide what action to take best once he analyzes an enemy's skills and weaknesses just off of his senses alone.

Quite frequently actually, in the novel he uses Zeus's Fury not to just smite his opponents, but also to rejuvenate himself and his magic surplus even further.

Ultimately tho, he'll decide what action to take best once he analyzes an enemy's skills and weaknesses just off of his senses alone.
May I ask, which power null is superior? Zeus's Fury or Soul of Hades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back