• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chains of Olympus came out in 2008

Ascension came out in 2013, which is where RE comes from.

And the reasoning is wrong, Morpheus had already been defeated by restored Helios, Kratos passed out from battle and mental toll, especially abandoning his daughter.
Even then, that sleep fog was a result of a merger of two whole realities and it put the gods out of commission. The fog was built different.

You need magic.

Very rarely can a magical item appear which can be used by a normal mortal without strings attached. I can't even think of one.
I'm still rather iffy on that. I'd like more direct proof that confirms individuals who can't use magic cannot utilize said equipment. Comparing Garou to regular people is not a good comparison to make. If you can post scans or quotes that directly say Kratos' equipment is useless without magic to fuel them, then I'll concede this point.

I'll still cast my vote for Kratos due to the numerous hax and weaponry at his disposal. Kratos has just fought so many Gods and opponents with such unique abilities that Garou simply doesn't bring anything to the table that Krato's isn't prepared for. I mean, it's possible Garou's radiation could weaken Kratos long enough for Garou to thrash him, since Garou usually tries to finish his enemies as quickly as possible, but that seems far less likely.

Even assuming that Garou could use Krato's equipment and steal it, it's unlikely that he'd get the chance before Kratos sends Garou to Tartarus with the Souls of Hades or eradicates him with one of the other weapons at his disposal.

Despite perfecting his God Slayer Fist, it's clear this is one God Garou cannot slay.

Last edited:
And the reasoning is wrong, Morpheus had already been defeated by restored Helios, Kratos passed out from battle and mental toll, especially abandoning his daughter.
That and it refers to the black fog when Morpheus is around. It has nothing to do with freeing Helios.

I'm still rather iffy on that. I'd like more direct proof that confirms individuals who can't use magic cannot utilize said equipment. If you can post scans or quotes that directly say this, then I'll concede.
How am I supposed to do that when every relevent character in GoW uses magic?

That's like reverse burden of proof. You would need to show me a non magical mortal using a significant magical item.
I am not the one supposed to prove a negative.

How am I supposed to do that when every relevent character in GoW uses magic?

That's like reverse burden of proof. You would need to show me a non magical mortal using a significant magical item.
I am not the one supposed to prove a negative.
That's a fair point. I suppose I just believe that "magic" and "god" are different. Like whether the Gods themselves are "magic" or just fundamental parts of the universe. I've always seen magic in God of War as something that Gods CAN use, but they aren't made of magic themselves. Like would you say some of the Norse Gods are magic? Would Thor classify as "magic" due to being a God despite not using any magic abilities? I know I'm using examples from a completely different pantheon here and the magic is different in the Greek and Norse realms, but do you see the point I'm trying to make?

My vote still goes for Kratos, I was just wondering if Garou could have a few more wincons that could make this match less one-sided.

Last edited:
Another question: you think that if a Kratos vs Saitama match was made, that Kratos' Amulet would stop Saitama's attempt to time travel?

So grace was reached while I was asleep and before OPM supporters could make proper arguments

Cool, not the first time Garou has lost to a lame FRA train anyway

As if people are gonna start changing votes now lmao

Garou just lost because Kratos is a more popular character and the moment anyone brought up a feasible wincon a FRA train was startrd
Dude, stop being so butt-hurt. Tell me, what can Garou do to stop himself from being cast down all the way to Tartarus with the Souls of Hades? His portals require him to see something in his line-of-sight, and have never been shown to access other dimensions. How will Garou resist having his body destroyed and atomized using Poseidon's Rage, or having his strength nullified with Zeus' Fury? Can he resist having time stopped when he himself hadn't mastered the ability to go back in time? All of Garou's possible wincons were already discussed and debunked in this thread. Kratos is a literal GOD with the weapons of the most powerful Gods in Greek mythology. Garou's just a servant to a God who got easily killed the moment he started resisting God's will.

As if people are gonna start changing votes now lmao

Garou just lost because Kratos is a more popular character and the moment anyone brought up a feasible wincon a FRA train was startrd
Can you not assume the worst in everyone who voted against Garou? The votes hit grace and after Ziller gave decent arguments they were pinged to recheck the thread and still kept the votes.

Ok.

I feel like Garou is being misinterpreted here. Garou can most definitely evolve above hax, so hax that doesn't instantly nuke him he will RE above. Also, he doesn't have feats of Power Mimicry for equipment based hax, innate stuff is most definitely a go. Things like Poseidons Rage and Zeus Fury he will mimic after seeing it once. That definitely helps him in this match. Garou's AD is far beyond anything Demigod Kratos can hope to muster so anything beyond kratos using instant wincons is a bad idea for him. I'm not vasting a vote just bringing new arguments to light.

Watch as people copy the winning condition vote and then slightly modify it to make it seem like it's their original idea.
Unironically better actually
it at least encourages people to understand the arguments enough to rephrase them, preventing people from saying FRA to an argument that they don’t actually know why it makes sense
although I’m not salty this time because Garou definitely doesn’t reliably win this match thanks to time stop, but the same can’t be said about a certain Garou vs Meta-Cooler thread.

Unironically better actually
it at least encourages people to understand the arguments enough to rephrase them, preventing people from saying FRA to an argument that they don’t actually know why it makes sense
although I’m not salty this time because Garou definitely doesn’t reliably win this match thanks to time stop, but the same can’t be said about a certain Garou vs Meta-Cooler thread.
You're wrong. It's not time stop that's an issue for Garou here, he can RE above that it's everything else.

You're wrong. It's not time stop that's an issue for Garou here, he can RE above that it's everything else.
Garou has no resistance to time stop and his reactive evolution is only shown to resist physical things like radiation, electricity, and heat, or just straight up making him stronger faster and more skilled
using reactive evolution against time stop is kinda like….not how it works

So grace was reached while I was asleep and before OPM supporters could make proper arguments

Cool, not the first time Garou has lost to a lame FRA train anyway
Sorry I did everything I could to stall it but now it’s like 18 billion people voting kratos and there’s really nothing that can be done about that anymore so

I don't see Garou copying magical abilities.

Maybe pseudo scientific replica, but none of the esoteric shenanigans or side effects. But even that requires surviving something and then adapting. Which uhhhh isn't happening here, most retaliation options on Kratos's side are insta kill here.
That's not even the wincon people are arguing for Garou ☠️

By the way I feel like I should mention that if Garou throws out a single nuclear fission attack the fight’s over regardless of if it lands, since the blast radius on it was shown to be high 6-A+ (on IO) in how big it is, so kratos would be unable to dodge it

2445FC42-3326-4653-BA03-2DE82411F2A5.jpg

Evidence:

Before you get on me about "stupid FRA trains", I want to let you know I have read every single post in this thread. I saw every single argument for Kratos and every single argument for Garou.

No, I don't think Garou can copy Kratos's hax, nor his usage of magic, which doesn't even exist in OPM.

Yes, I think Kratos can survive radiation long enough to actually utilize his abilities with a combination of his time hax, his Reactive Evolution also covering biological manipulation, and his superhuman stamina.

Garou would likely utilize portals for versatility, yes.

No, Garou doesn't have an answer to time stop or the conceptual/soul stuff Kratos can do with literally his bare hands.

Yes, Garou has wincons.

Yes, Kratos has wincons.

And I think Kratos has the better wincons. Garou has something solid with radiation, which I believe Kratos can answer with his various resistances and stamina, but Kratos has way too much that Garou doesn't have an answer for.

Garou gets treated like Poseidon at the end of GoW3 FRA

Last edited:
Even more unfair for Garou.

By the way, how good is the Golden Fleece's reflecting capabilities?
Pretty ******* good actually. It can effortlessly reflect BoO's attacks and even counter it outright. The only forces stronger than it are Fear Zeus and PoH Kratos.

In terms of durability, the BoO is its equal, and only the Boots of Hermes and Blades of Exile are tankier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back