• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Almighty: Clarification (Bleach manga and cfyow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait for the thing to officially come out, we already had two bad revisions because of people not wanting to wait. Don't make the same mistake again.
I think that this seems fine. Just wait a bit and make certain, so we do not have to do several revisions on top of each other. That is a reasonable request.

This trend of using fan translations of raws and pretending like those are more accurate then official translations is so clear and blatant way of wanking.

This trend of using fan translations of raws and pretending like those are more accurate then official translations is so clear and blatant way of wanking.
It isnt a wank, the translations are wrong, as stated and proved in the thread, its rlly common to have a lot of issues in the translations, so, we use raws instead

You realize that the only difference between the official translation and a fan translation is that the former is paid and the latter isn't?

For example, CFYOW Vol 1 was fully translated by a single freelance translator hired by Viz, chances are the other two volumes are and will be translated by the same person, albeit I haven't verified for the last two, regardless, it's literally no different from some person on the internet doing it as a hobby.

And your point is moot anyway, Viz isn't infallible and in fact, I'd say they're wrong more times than people are willing to admit, having the raws translated by several different people and having all of them reach the same conclusion means more to me, and the beauty of presenting the raws is that anyone can translate it, you don't have to rely on one persons interpretation (the official).

Anyway, since Antvasima suggested we wait until the official, this thread might need closing.

I think it's fare to upgrade it now and then make another thread when the official translations comes out. Waiting for something that has no accurate date is just delaying the inevitable.

Just want to write the current situation:

Agree (20): (Ned_the_outer_god, Sigurd_Snake_in_The_Eye, Arcker123, Bernkastelll, Axxtentacle, Dangai_Ichigo,
SagaTheLegend, AKUTO123, SilentBob34, Purgy, Trumpty_Dumpty, USklaverei, Delta333, Zencha9, LordGinSama, StrawHatArslan,
GilverTheProtoAngelo, YuriAkuto, Tyri456, Everything12)

Neutral
: Mitch (although he admit that we have a point)

Disagree: (Kukui)

Just want to write the current situation:

Agree (20): (Ned_the_outer_god, Sigurd_Snake_in_The_Eye, Arcker123, Bernkastelll, Axxtentacle, Dangai_Ichigo,
SagaTheLegend, AKUTO123, SilentBob34, Purgy, Trumpty_Dumpty, USklaverei, Delta333, Zencha9, LordGinSama, StrawHatArslan,
GilverTheProtoAngelo, YuriAkuto, Tyri456, Everything12)

Neutral
: Mitch (although he admit that we have a point)

Disagree: (Kukui)
As much as it sucks to say, regular members voting doesn't really mean anything, only staff members opinions are considered (generally at least).

Even the translator which take care of translation of this wiki support us, he doesnt even care about Bleach, there is blatant distinction between the kanji used for All-seeing, and great (omnipotent) power to create the universe, so why Bleach has to be treated different from basically all the verse on this wiki that use entire text of raw japanese text and we can't even use one single word even explaing the context behind it?

The manga itself even support this, since it doesnt make sense that The Almighty as ability all-seeing, can create stuffs, neither mentioned, neiter stated, Almighty alter the future, there is literally no counter argument to this, the context is extremely blatant and clear; what was intended was that his power was extremely great to create the universe, since using a different context with a different kanji.

I see 0 point in post-poning...

If the VIZ translations are inconsistent with the raws they'll be thrown out anyway, so I see 0 benefit in waiting.

You don't even need the translation. The only think this CRT needs to is to see if the raw text in the novel uses the same notation for Almighty as the manga, which Cyber clearly demonstrated that it doesn't. Everything else is just supporting evidence or used to expand on the initial point.

Also, I obviously agree with the CRT and see not point in postponing this for a translation that won't change anything (as people already said numerous times here).

Since Antvasima and AKM, two Bureaucrats of the wiki, agree with waiting for the official release of the novel, and we are just going in circles at this point, I will close the thread until then. When it is out, I'll re-open the CRT and apply the conclusions of the thread myself to the profiles.

Not really new per say. Just stuff that was already agreed upon that just needed verification from the official translation, which pretty much says the same thing as the op

first to everyone new, I recommend rereading the op.

second, official translation is out:
YV3Q0lY.jpg

The light novel clarifies it is not the Almighty ability that allowed the soul king to create the current cosmology, but rather his power.

As such, with the confirmation that the Op post was correct in regards to the raw, I propose prime soul key's be shifted to what the almighty is currently listed as, that being:
"Universe level to Universe level+ with the Almighty (Created the Bleach Cosmos as it is currently in the story with the Almighty; Known to possess power that transcends everything, he should be superior to everyone in the Bleach Universe as it's supreme being; Should be above his vegetative state)"

The Soul King's vegetative state is Unknown, so I would reword that too:

Universe level (His almighty power was used by the Five Noble Families as the foundation for splitting the original Universe into the world of Kishi, the world of Reishi, and Hueco Mundo; stated to possess power that transcends everything)

does the uni+ part stay. to my understanding that is from the garganta creation
We'll need to go back over the reasoning and evidence behind him creating the Garganta. The passage above that you posted is only about the three realms.

Yeah if I remember correctly....it was the creation and insertion of Garganta into the realm that separated it into 3....
But my memory is a bit flinty.....
But wouldn't the three realms be space-times anyway....since they are separated by Garganta which is low2C....so remainder of realms should also be low2C by default due to space-time separation.

🤔🤔

why is the living world not uni +? I mean the living world It has been proven to be our universe, and the time of destroying our universe isn't low 2C? Why are we acting like 3A?

why is the living world not uni +? I mean the living world It has been proven to be our universe, and the time of destroying our universe isn't low 2C? Why are we acting like 3A?
Destroying our Universe is not Low 2-C.

The entire cosmology was considered low2C with 3A realms.....quilted system that is called if I remember correctly.

But if Garganta is supposed to be low2C whether or not it is accepted at this point.....then......I think we need to clinically scrutinize the cosmology once again....

In my opinion the entire cosmology can pass for 2C.....but like I said we need to analyze it again.

destroying our universe with timeline = low 2C, destroying our universe = 3A. Whether the yhwach we have to discuss here would destroy along with the timeline or simply destroy the Universe.

There's never been a mention of timeline destruction in the series.

There's never been a mention of timeline destruction in the series.
The SS and the living world have 2 separate timelines. And if the og universe's timeline number isn't 2, yhwach would have to destroy them, according to the narrative because yhwach literally wants to recreate the old Universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back