• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Almighty: Clarification (Bleach manga and cfyow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wait is literally arbitrary when we already had this.

The novel was due out at the beginning of March. Was delayed to the beginning of April so that's why I agreed to wait. Without any precedent or reasoning it has been delayed for another two weeks and there is literally nothing stopping it from being delayed again. Bleach has had several revisions over the years regarding novels including back before the first two were officially translated.

We have also had several verses get revisions based off of raw translations that prior to release of an official translation. I see absolutely no reason why we should do a special case here for a novel in which we only need a singular sentence from a raw that has consistent translations

@Cyberblader90; you don't know that. We should have the book available so we can be sure there isn't anything that could affect the rating.

@Cyberblader90; you don't know that. We should have the book available so we can be sure there isn't anything that could affect the rating.
Already explained but it was delayed again for no listed reasoning. We do not know at all objectively if it is releasing on the 20th.

Also if you're so sure it will give new context, likewise couldn't you just make a separate CRT when it actually does release?

As I mentioned plenty of verses have operated by using Raws before release.

Even if something conflicting translations come up......it doesn't matter becuase we will default to Jap raws anyways....

If the translations are accurate.....welp problem solved...

Either way the context and material of Jap raws will previal in the end....

Hence common sense dictates that waiting is pointless.....

IDK why VIZ matters, the we already have raws which are > VIZ.
I don't care about Viz specifically.

It's about having the entire novel in English. If we didn't know if an English release was coming, then fair enough. But this one is so close to coming out.

What's the harm in waiting? What downside is there to this? I'll make the changes to the profiles myself when it comes out and we can be sure nothing else affects the ratings.

What's the harm in waiting? What downside is there to this? I'll make the changes to the profiles myself when it comes out and we can be sure nothing else affects the ratings.
Because there is no point in waiting, we already have something that will always be more credible than something that can get delayed further.

We give first priority to Jap raws anyways....so whether or not translations have anything different to say about it shouldn't matter at all.
You do realize that the stuff you are presenting is also "translations" from people. Just wait for the official translations before jumping the gun.

Because there is no point in waiting, we already have something that will always be more credible than something that can get delayed further.
If it gets delayed further, then I will drop the issue.

But you have consistent English given to you for the raw

In the same manner what does the wait give you? You are gambling on no further delays, for a singular sentence. English sentence of which we already have the raw text which takes precedent over the English.

When we had revisions happen in the past for bleach regarding the previous novels, it was already known that they were going to be released in the United States. Yet there was obviously no wait. Likewise with the two most recent CRTs.

Why this weird change now?

I'm just asking why are we asking for a particular wait when we've already had it.

Can I be given a singular example of another verse where this is taken into effect?

I've already mentioned that Dragon Ball Heroes is obviously exempt from this

You do realize that the stuff you are presenting is also "translations" from people. Just wait for the official translations before jumping the gun.
No one cares about VIZ, we have the raws which will always be better than them.

I'm just asking why are we asking for a particular wait when we've already had it.

Can I be given a singular example of another verse where this is taken into effect?

I've already mentioned that Dragon Ball Heroes is obviously exempt from this
I treat this the same for any other Shonen Jump series. If the raws for a new chapter are released on one day, I still wouldn't make any CRT for it until the official release comes out for it a few days later.

Raws are fine and good when we have no viable alternative coming in. But we know that the novel is due to be released soon.

Like why are we supposed to wait for the English release? Haven't people already seen that viz makes blatent mistakes in their translations? Like why are we making bleach an exception when verses like shinza bansho, fate, and other visual novels literally rely on raw translations.

The actual japanese text is the most important text for scaling and I'll not rely on viz translations for high end scaling anyway.

Out of pure curiosity, why would a shonen have different procedures than most other verses used by the wiki?

No one cares about VIZ, we have the raws which will always be better than them.
By "raws" you mean "fan translations of the raws" because that's what's used. A random user on the internet won't be convinced by your fan translations until they have cross-checked it with the official translations in English.

By "raws" you mean "fan translations of the raws" because that's what's used. A random user on the internet won't be convinced by your fan translations until they have cross-checked it with the official translations in English.
How credible is VIZ? Our official site translator supports us.

I still wouldn't make any CRT for it until the official release comes out for it a few days later.
I still don't know why is it even relevant if we have the raws
Why that argument is relevant? Its not like what ppl here cares about random users in internet, just look at Masadaverse threads lol

Jap raws are translated by our members here..... people like Redgrave and Qlipoth .... we have to trust them.
I am not saying Viz translations are bad or anything....but a hands on translations by our own members is always preferable.

Literally dozens of verses use fan translations done by the site translators. Shinza bansho, a bunch of light novels, etc.

Are the site translators not given the position because they are trustworthy?

And as I even mentioned this has never been an issue for this verse except for this one specific moment

How credible is VIZ? Our official site translator supports us.
There is no "official" translator for the site. And a user isn't supposed to take your word on the translations until it is at least there on the official english version as well. Especially in this case when clarity is being asked for.

@Cyberblader90; I've said since the beginning, since months ago, that I think waiting for the volumes to come out is the best option.

This isn't a spontaneous flip from me.

Guess we have to delete a dozen of verses based on this.
Honestly it just looks like something targetted on Bleach only, since we aren't doing the same for others.

@Cyberblader90; I've said since the beginning, since months ago, that I think waiting for the volumes to come out is the best option.

This isn't a spontaneous flip from me.
I'm aware it's not a spontaneous flip for you.

But with that said, the wiki as a whole does not seem to abide by that.

There are light novels that are given revisions with raw text, and even some scenarios where the official translation turned out to be miss translated.

I have trust in the site translator because they have shown consistently to provide accurate translations (qliphoth). The fact that this translation has been consistent with other people I've checked with as well that are fluent further backs this up.

What is one good reason to wait?

Guess we have to delete a dozen of verses based on this.
Please be my guest, if you feel like their translations are unclear, you have every right to question them as I am questioning in this thread. If it's accepted that their translations are in fact sketchy, then yes, delete them.

why do we need to wait official translation?many verses use raw as evidences and I can list them if you want,so why it happen to bleach?If official translation has different context that can affect this change,then you can just make another CRT about it in the future

The fact that we do not know objectively it's coming out on the 20th. Alongside the fact that it's a singular sentence that we already know a consistent translation for.

And finally because this is literally the first time this has ever been done for this verse and it is not a standard by which several others are forced to follow.

Like if we're going to get make a big deal out of the force delay can of the very minimum I ask for multiple mod input on it rather than just two?

The fact that we do not know objectively it's coming out on the 20th. Alongside the fact that it's a singular sentence that we already know a consistent translation for.

And finally because this is literally the first time this has ever been done for this verse and it is not a standard by which several others are forced to follow.
It's the first time we've been so close to have the official release come out.

If Viz translations are the same, then the thread goes through.
If Viz translations differ too much or divert from the context, then we use raws and the thread goes through.
There is literally no point in waiting. Like at all. I would understand if it was the whole novel, but this is a single kanji and we are already more than aware of the context behind it.

There doesn't have to be a standard for asking to wait for a bit more clarity because in this case, clarity is important. If you think other verses require more clarity in any of their translations, you are free to question those cases. Whataboutism is not an argument here.

Please be my guest, if you feel like their translations are unclear, you have every right to question them as I am questioning in this thread. If it's accepted that their translations are in fact sketchy, then yes, delete them.
If we follow that, then this thread doesn't apply. The raws are given (meaning you can check on yourself) and explained even to the smallest particle.

Also if one tried to delete things like Instant Death or K3, it would never happen at all. Bleach shouldn't be an exception just because it's Bleach.

.... But why does that change anything though?

The differentiation of days to the release of an official shouldn't change anything if your logic is to always go with the official. If that's the case then anything regarding vol one and two should have been delayed as well?

And it was also very close to release at the beginning of March and was supposed to be released this week. Didn't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back