• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Thanos has the Power, and Space stones.

Speed is equalized.

The battle takes place in the Hidden Rain Village.

Thanos has come to the Rain Village, believing the Reality stone is hidden there. Pain of course intends to defend his Village. Thanos does not know anything about his foe upon encountering him. Pain knows little, only hearing rumors about Thanos' deeds out in the universe.

They both meet in the same location that Jiraiya encountered the Paths.

Both are in character. Victory via any means.

Who wins and why?

AP

Thanos: <= Baseline 6-C

Pain: >2.3 Gigatons. 15 Gigatons via Chibaku Tensei.

Thanos: 0

Pain: 0

Incon: 0

So Since thanos doesn’t have the mind stone to protect his mind nor the soul stone to protect his soul Therfore if human path or Naraka path touch him he gets his soul ripped out absorption seal could potentially work too depending or not verse equalization can apply here or not

So Since thanos doesn’t have the mind stone to protect his mind nor the soul stone to protect his soul Therfore if human path or Naraka path touch him he gets his soul ripped out absorption seal could potentially work too depending or not verse equalization can apply here or not
Not necessarily. Thanos is a good deal stronger than an individual path, and in Naruto it's heavily implied that the Human path is impractical in combat. You'd think that power would be useful against Sage Naruto, no? We've only ever seen it done to characters that the Rinnegan wielder outclassed immensely.

If the Human path tries to extract Thanos' soul, I can see Thanos either ripping it in two, or vaporizing it with the power stone.

Had to get this off my chest, as the Human path is regularly wanked.

in the rain village
Animal Path uses chameleon to hide and observe while multiplying dogs + other summons to attack
Deva Path how good is thanos regen? can thanos tank a shinra tensei? he wont use chibaku in the rain village + thanos probably space stone out to a safe distance
Human Path in character if pains get close thanos can use the space stone like telekinesis to stop attacks, also can phase and unphase pains out of space, he does nothing maybe helps overwhelm during the latter stages when thanos gets exhausted
Preta Path following thread above he absorbs/negs the range power stone attack
Asura Path goes in gets bodied pulled out revived switches to range attacks
Naraka Path stays behind preta is safe feels good
fight feels incon but thanos cant deal with the animal path whos able to observe from a distance while invisible and if they change focus to the arm voting pains for now

Thanos has a massive Dura/AP advantage and decently high stamina so it will take many hits to take Thanos down. The stones can deal with almost all of the paths pretty easily due to the AP advantage.

The hardest one to deal with is the animal path due to the invisibility and stealth, but considering the rest of the advantages Thanos has (Plus, SBA means he knows there is a threat, so he would at least do something), I am leaning towards Thanos for now

I've been here before but I forgot that arguments. Someone give me a reminder.
Thanos: Is way stronger in AP/Dura. Has endured a good deal of hits from stronger characters (Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America), so it would take a good amount of physical attacks for Pain to take Thanos down. The infinity stones

Pain: Has the stealth advantage due to the many pain's + some of the paths are either hidden or invisible. Can potentially absorb some of the attacks Thanos uses

I mean, chibaku tensei would kind of oneshot and seal, and thanos downscales from 5 gigatons whilst pain is high 7-A+.

OK, in that case, since it's in the Hidden Rain Village he'll start by sending in the Human, Animal and Preta Paths to test the waters and because he's in the Hidden Rain he can sense how strong Thanos is with the Rain Cloud Jutsu he has going. What I see happening is that the Animal Path will start spamming summons while the Human and Preta Path try to bum rush him to steal his Chakra and Soul. If that doesn't work, then the Asura Path will then try to Blitz Thanos while the Naraka Path goes to revive the first three Paths while the Deva Path waits on the sidelines. If everything goes to plan, then Pain will then proceed to jump him with all Six Paths of Pain and try to stab him with Rinnegan Rods like he did to Jiraiya.

OK, in that case, since it's in the Hidden Rain Village he'll start by sending in the Human, Animal and Preta Paths to test the waters and because he's in the Hidden Rain he can sense how strong Thanos is with the Rain Cloud Jutsu he has going. What I see happening is that the Animal Path will start spamming summons while the Human and Preta Path try to bum rush him to steal his Chakra and Soul. If that doesn't work, then the Asura Path will then try to Blitz Thanos while the Naraka Path goes to revive the first three Paths while the Deva Path waits on the sidelines. If everything goes to plan, then Pain will then proceed to jump him with all Six Paths of Pain and try to stab him with Rinnegan Rods like he did to Jiraiya.
If they try to stab him, can't Thanos just do this??

Back