• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos defeated the bootleg Space rangers. But can he beat the OG Space ranger??

Several seconds of cinematic timing which was literally treated as near instant. His travel speed is not, only his reaction speed is. Buzz's travel speed is Below Average Human at best because of his size.

His travel speed doesn't even matter as he's more likely to laser someone so far away (And how does his size prevent him from being faster then below average human?).

Thanos sees the laser and teleports to avoid it. Because Buzz legitimately has no feats that puts him above Below Average Human travel speed wise, and he moves that fast in-game.

Then how come his profile isn't MFTL+ reactions? And in Endgame it also takes a few seconds to take effect

There really should be like, a note on the speed page or something explaining the rules of speed equalized :p

TheSpeedster96 said:
Several seconds of cinematic timing which was literally treated as near instant.
Because the profile was lazy with its reasoning? It really should just say outright MFTL+ in reactions to avoid confusion.

Except that video had several parts cut out of it (One part in particular missing was when Rocket was nearly eaten by one before it dusted)

Yeah near instant, not instant (The part I mentioned about Rocket was right at the beginning too), it wasn't instant it took a little time and since right at the beginning they're both going to be going in to kill each other (With Thanos snapping and Buzz lasering), And since speed is equalized to the faster characters speed (In this case Buzz's MFTL+) they both get off their attacks nearly instantly so Thanos dies, and Buzz is dusted (However if speed is indeed equalized to the slower character's speed I shall gladly retract my vote)

The snap's affects instantly happen right after Thanos snaps, it's literally going to at worst take a second for him to snap his fingers. Speed is equalized, it doesn't matter where or who it's equalized to, it's literally going to be the same speed. Buzz is 10 feet away and tries to hit him with a laser, he's already turned to dust before he can activate it. Thanos teleports away or dodges because 10 feet away he has plenty of time to do those.

Except after Thanos snaps practically everyone takes 1-2 seconds to start dusting (Also who it's equalized to does matter as Buzz lasers much faster if it's his speed), and The laser can blitz people comparable in speed to Buzz so Thanos couldn't just dodge it

It does take a little bit of time for the snap to actually take effect, but Thanos can still immediately escape via portal like he did in Infinity War afterward and leave Buzz to die. And I presume this is right as Thanos is about to perform the final snap anyways, since all the Avengers are defeated and Thanos has the full Infinity Gauntlet. So Thanos is definitely going to go for the snap ASAP. We've seen multiple times that Thanos is not the guy to hesitate or let his emotions get in the way.

I'm leaning more towards Thanos.

>Speed is equalized

Another reason a note or something is needed to explain speed equalized rules, some attack's speed aren't equalized but some are? How do you know which?

Thanos FRA

This likely is an stomp, however, as Thanos only needs a gesture to win while Buzz needs to actually do some more actions to hit him, and even then, Buzz´ timeframe for hitting him is noticeably longer than Thanos just snapping.

Bobsican said:
This likely is an stomp, however, as Thanos only needs a gesture to win while Buzz needs to actually do some more actions to hit him, and even then, Buzz´ timeframe for hitting him is noticeably longer than Thanos just snapping.
Considering the new definition of stomps, this likely falls as one TBH, as much as I dislike it.

As now just having a wincon isn´t enought, sadly.

Considering the new definition of stomps, this likely falls as one TBH, as much as I dislike it.

As now just having a wincon isn´t enought, sadly.

What were they changed to?

Back