• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TF2 Downgrades Part 3

Livinmeme said:
only two times is presented like a real threat so is far consintent the blue like forrage than a real treath also givme a feat also present a feat that present people in tf2 supperior to normal people also yes the blue team should be in the same tier to red team plus the rocket jump absorb some crazy impact so no
Your argument is self-defeating, are you saying that 10-Bs can perform rocket jumps and survive? This would make those rockets 10-B as well.

Or, we can go with the logical route and just assume humans in TF2 are stronger than RL humans, like the example I already provided.

like alot plus soldier can do rocket jump without suffering damage (yeah that he suffer damage is ingame because contradicts

okay give me the feat that tf2 humans are stronger that real humas who also is contradict by the fact than soldier is far far far stronger than normal people to the point of breaking is kneck extremlly casual

I think you took it out of context sorry if my English is not very good I meant that soldier does not suffer damage in doing so and was created for a transport method and replace the previous ones

hey i was trying to do a calc for saxton, but im pretty sure that its wrong

http://www.teamfortress.com/bidwells_big_plan/ charles darling kicks hale off the edge of a plane and its pretty high up into the air, you can even see clouds below them

http://www.teamfortress.com/bidwells_big_plan/03.html hale survived this without being damaged (and no the eagle didnt help him at all, as hales weight caused him to plummet also)

https://www.reference.com/world-view/high-commercial-planes-fly-71b9f1fa327e1e26 assuming that darlings plane is a commercial plane to tell others about his zoo, they typically cruise at altitudes between 36,000 and 40,000 feet

36000 feet = 10972.8 meters

40000 feet = 12192 meters

lets assume that hale weighs 85 kg, as hes a bit taller than the heavy who is really close to 2m and hale has really thicc muscles

using https://www.angio.net/personal/climb/speed.html for the calc we get either 9140342.4 or 10155936.00 joules which is either 0.002184594263862333 or 0.002427326959847037 tons of tnt according to http://www.kylesconverter.com/Energy,-Work,-and-Heat/Joules-to-Tons-of-TNT

assuming that i didnt **** this up this is fairly consistent with scaling him to the small building level version of the rpg-7, so i i wanted to ask if this works before putting this in a blog

Just wondering, calcing the penetration power of TF2's bullets would not be taken as legit, right? Otherwise the Yeti and Saxton may have something neat to scale to, as the head from the BLU Spy got destroyed by a single blast from BLU Soldier's shotgun.

the bullets' argument is so dumb because then we had to downgrade RWBY BAKI JOJO to 9-b even though they have demolished many more 9-b feats

RWBY has multiple feats that are consistently calculated at Tier 8, and plenty of characters use Aura and stuff like that. Also, bullets in RWBY have a more advanced energy source and are made of metals that don't exist IRL; and have their own Tier 8 calcs. In most FPS games, bullets are typically just ordinary bullets made of lead and will be treated as such. And even characters higher than 9-B getting injured by those bullets are typically PIS, but TF2 is an FPS verse where bullets have consistently shown to seriously injure the mercs and even sniper rifles have caused peoples heads to explode.

I was just wondering if it would be alright to calc the penetration power of TF2's bullets and scale Saxton and the Yeti to whatever result that would get- as it's implied that the Yeti is bulletproof and Saxton beat it after a defty struggle.

The Yeti being undamaged by the shotgun may even be supported by Jungle Inferno- in which Soldier fires at it, yet it does nothing; however I don't think that it's entirely clear if it tanked or evaded the blast.

Okay, after rewatching the clip, I believe that the Yeti indeed no-selled the blast: It walked straight towards Soldier, he fired at it, it didn't react whatsoever and proceeded to stomp him.

Schwxnz said:
Okay, after rewatching the clip, I believe that the Yeti indeed no-selled the blast: It walked straight towards Soldier, he fired at it, it didn't react whatsoever and proceeded to stomp him.
yes the mercenary not even tried to figth because they were scary

The video showed far more than that. Also no, Soldier's spine got broken and Pyro got flattened.

Also, if I may ask, could you maybe stop constantly saying that the mercs have 9-A feats and not presenting them- that only results in the thread being unnecessarily stopped from progressing. If you find something that can upgrade them later on, you can make a new CRT then.

Schwxnz said:
The video showed far more than that. Also no, Soldier's spine got broken and Pyro got flattened.
Also, if I may ask, could you maybe stop constantly saying that the mercs have 9-A feats and not presenting them- that only results in the thread being unnecessarily stopped from progressing. If you find something that can upgrade them later on, you can make a new CRT then.
the rocket launcher scalling to cow managler or other weapons of vaporization 9-A

merasmus creating a castle 8-c

merasmus creating carnival high 8-c

enginer can survive the explosion of sentry,dispenser and telaporter and the same time uknown

merasmus possible creating a island

demoman escaping a explosion hipersonic

spy cicle congeling people 9-A

weapons of gold transmute people 9-A

pistol scaling to C.O.P.E.R 9-A

mercenary producing fireball 9-A

and far other than i can renember and i know that will probally borrow this text

also the weapons should scale because most of theme are reskin who had the same exact damage

Rocket launcher was calced at 9-B

Anything involving merasmus does not scale directly to the mercs both because he is a glass cannon and required two teams of mercs to fight

Sentry buster oneshots any merc

Demomans explosion feat was done by dozens of chain reaction explosives and he didn't tank it

Transmutation is not an ap feat

Where is this 9-A fireball calc?

WeeklyBattles said:
Rocket launcher was calced at 9-B
Anything involving merasmus does not scale directly to the mercs both because he is a glass cannon and required two teams of mercs to fight

Sentry buster oneshots any merc

Demomans explosion feat was done by dozens of chain reaction explosives and he didn't tank it

Transmutation is not an ap feat

Where is this 9-A fireball calc?
you know that merasmus win because magic boost and bominomicon someone has published a comic about soldier figthing with merasmus still the result was not shown but soldier was a alive so atleast produce a figth i mean yeah? other i was talking to other feat in the comics also is not transmutation of spy cicle (maybe the golden weapons but still has to do damage to work) i was refering to other feat that enginer can survive the sentry not sentry buster telaporter and dispenser exploding in point blank totally upgraded without sufring any damage also the calc of rokcet jump contradice to many feats specially when rocket jump reduce extremelly the damage

My apologies, but is a big point of your argument seriously that Merasmus only beats the mercs due to utilizing magic? That's kind of obvious, as he's a wizard.

And the fact that he stomps them with his magic proves that the mercs can't scale to the magic.

Schwxnz said:
My apologies, but is a big point of your argument seriously that Merasmus only beats the mercs due to utilizing magic? That's kind of obvious, as he's a wizard.
And the fact that he stomps them with his magic proves that the mercs can't scale to the magic.
he can tanks is projectiles without sufring damage soldier figth with him so yeah

Schwxnz said:
Soldier only really 'fought' him once after breaking his staff; the outcome wasn't shown to us and at the end of the day Merasmus still summoned Monoculus, who can apparently one-shot any of the mercs.
yes but soldier was alive so atleast should provide a good figth and monoculus is far stronger pshically than merasmus

>yes but soldier was alive

The "Kill me and I'll come back stronger" pills could very well be the explanation for that.

>monoculus is far stronger pshically than merasmus

I find it very doubtful that Merasmus can summon someone far more powerful than himself, especially without the usage of his staff. Also for what it's worth, Merasmus has 37500 health in-game, whereas Monoculus has 8000.

This part of the argument should just be dropped. The mercs will not be scaled to Merasmus, as already said numerous times.

Schwxnz said:
>yes but soldier was alive
The "Kill me and I'll come back stronger" pills could very well be the explanation for that.

>monoculus is far stronger pshically than merasmus

I find it very doubtful that Merasmus can summon someone far more powerful than himself, especially without the usage of his staff. Also for what it's worth, Merasmus has 37500 health in-game, whereas Monoculus has 8000.

This part of the argument should just be dropped. The mercs will not be scaled to Merasmus, as already said numerous times.
what never mentioned that soldier die and revive especially when in the profil says that soldier is sligthy weaker than merasmus and that time i think that soldier still had drink the pills of kill me and ill come back stronger

Soldier isn't only 'slightly weaker' than Merasmus; Merasmus stomped several of the mercs at the end of 'Doommates' and once again, two teams are required to fight him.

Schwxnz said:
Soldier isn't only 'slightly weaker' than Merasmus; Merasmus stomped several of the mercs at the end of 'Doommates' and once again, two teams are required to fight him.
we event know how stomped if is even considered stomped literally only indication whas hurting sounds

Livinmeme said:

You need to prove these, which you haven't, and Magical AP doesn't translate to physical AP.

Demoman never escaped an explosion in a fashion that would yield this result, you are grasping at straws.

Abstractions said:
Livinmeme said:

You need to prove these, which you haven't, and Magical AP doesn't translate to physical AP.

Demoman never escaped an explosion in a fashion that would yield this result, you are grasping at straws.
i was refering to other and was debating several times creating equal AP in several verses

Back