• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TF2 Downgrades Part 3

Schwxnz said:
So, should we give the mercs an additional MvM key; which features every possible upgrade they can get? They'd be 9-A via scaling to this, which the mercs can survive granted they have blast protection as shown here.
Still believe they should just be applied as resistances and not flat durability, as they only boost durability in one category individually, keep in mind that they can suddenly be resistant to bullets but still take the same damage from melee sources as before.

That is, if we make MvM keys.

Livinmeme said:
i mean mvm has far 8c+ feats surviving the explosion of the tank and the disintegration of the robots
Citation needed.

Second feat applies only to the weapons, not Mercs as already stated.

Where?

Never mind the fact that it wouldn't be consistent, but instead of just stating there's feats there should be more showing feats, so we can finally finish this revision.

Where is all this stuff coming from; they're barely even Supersonic which even that's being contested since we don't actually see Scout dodge bullets; though swinging a Baseball Bat at said speeds is fine but where was this calculated?

In the blog that is linked to their current speed ratings.

Rockets: 1100 HU/s (~294 m/s)

Scout: 400 HU/s (106.9 m/s)

Scout throwing the flying Guillotine: 3000 HU/s (801.8 m/s / Mach 2.34)

Ah, forgot about that calc. Though some people looked iffy, but I think comparing the rockets to RL RPGs is fair game.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Ah, forgot about that calc. Though some people looked iffy, but I think comparing the rockets to RL RPGs is fair game.
Of course comparing them to real rockets is okay, not once did we care about that. It's then using the RL speed of rockets and then going backwards to scale it to movement speeds, which is bogus.

Imagine I took the in-game assigned value for lightning in any other game and backwards scaled it to the cast, everyone would MHS+ for no reason.

Bonk comes from the whole dodging bullets from a cc away; which is really weird calculation method which DontTalk said was perception, not speed.

IMO Scout should be "Supersonic, far higher with Bonk"; as Bonk allows him to dodge everything in-game effortlessly.

Abstractions said:
Still believe they should just be applied as resistances and not flat durability, as they only boost durability in one category individually, keep in mind that they can suddenly be resistant to bullets but still take the same damage from melee sources as before.
(My apologies for the late response; I didn't see this until now)

That could be argued to be a mere inconsistency and might be an game mechanic to ensure that the robots with melee robots are at least a bit of a threat to the players.

At any rate, MvM mercs should be 9-A regardless, as they scale immensely higher than their normal selves, who in return scale to 4.12 kg of TNT.

If you want to argue that they are game mechanics then I'll happily agree seeing as they can suddenly develop resistances to other game mechanics like critical hits, meaning they should just be disregarded completely. Also, why is it only an inconsistency and game mechanic when it favors your argument?

They would still be 9-B, there is actually no evidence they physically improve in MvM besides the Upgrade Station, let alone become "immensely higher".

Critical hits aren't game mechanics; Soldier got several crits in Meet the Soldier.

I've never played it, but don't the mercs have a lot more health in MvM?

You mean, when it never showed an actual prompt that he got them? And valve just filmed the game in order to make the video?

That should not be treated as evidence for crits, because frankly, there isn't any.

No, they don't.

Livinmeme said:
nop but is cannonically they are far far far stronger than is contrapart
Citation needed.

"Critical hits are not game mechanics" Critical hits are based on an RNG that randomly multiplies the damage than normal, so it does fall under game mechanics by definition.

someone is forgeten than he has 2 feats 8c+ and one who can destroy alot of robots who can produce a explosion 9-a

Narbund2 said:
but they exist in canon as shown in meet the soldier when soldier kills the blu demoman
There is no prompt for it or any actual indication it was a crit like how they show them in game, and Valve using in-game clips for their video is not evidence for critical hits.

Livinmeme said:
someone is forgeten than he has 2 feats 8c+ and one who can destroy alot of robots who can produce a explosion 9-a
One 8-C feat that only applies to vaporizing weapons.

9-A explosions that were recalculated to 9-B.

Why is this going back and forth continuously?

@Livinmeme And none of those appear to be cited and/or within context

The Heavy knocks the door of the hinges and breaks the glass, he doesn't quite shatter the door like what the blog is calculating. It's yet another feat that doesn't exceed 9-B.

i wasn't trying to argue if the feat is small building, i was just wondering if it is wall level+ just like scouts dura feat from meet the medic

someone is forgeten than is far more consistent 9-A feats than 9-B especially when the feats 9-B are casual

@Livinmeme The triple missile tanking feat is far from casual and not even close to being casual. Also, the 9-A stuff comes from things that vaporize people and wouldn't really scale to durability by nature. The same stuff over and over again. We're not forgetting anything, we've been looking at the in depth context the whole time.

@Narbund, even so, he doesn't quite fragmentize the door and simply knocks out down. Which isn't quite the level seen in the blog.

well most of them are casual or can be tacken lick suppport feat and the scout was almos dead he was literally in a weelchair

And literally all it took was a single missile just to get him to that breaking point when he was running just fine before hand.

Back