• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensura Web Novel Revision : Immortality Negation Type 9 And Resistance To It

So, since Immortality Type 9 for Veldora Tempest was accepted, I thought about making Immortality Negation Type 9 for Velgrynd and Rimuru Tempest plus Resistance to Immortality Negation Type 9 for Rimuru Tempest.

Space-Time Continuous Strike was able to reach Veldora's main body
「N-no……I didn’t mean it that way……」

While trembling, Veldora realized that there was nothing he could do except to wait for his older sister’s anger to subside.

What is really absurd was that the damage jumped over『Parallel Existence』and reached Veldora’s main body.

The reason for that was……

「Hmm, this is sure convenient. I see it’s something called『Space-Time Continuous Strike[5]』. Whether it’s『Parallel Existence』or『Multiple Existence』, it seems I can deal an attack beyond the space-time with this.」[6]

Velgrind nodded pleasingly.

Veldora who heard it started to look pale.

Velgrind’s words meant that his method of escaping by sacrificing one of his clones as the scapegoat was no longer usable.

『Parallel Existence』 had given him an absolute advantage, but now it had fallen to a meaningless ability.

Indeed, it was the birth of the natural enemy of Veldora. (Chapter 236)
This means, this attack should get Immortality Negation Type 9.

Why did Rimuru also get it coupled with his resistance?

Because Rimuru has all skills in Tensura and Resist all skills in Tensura.

So the conclusion is :
1. Velgrynd and Rimuru get Immortality Negation Type 9
2. Rimuru Tempest gains Resistance to Immortality Negation Type 9

thats range. Negation means he can kill without having to hit the main body
You must be able to kill the Main Body residing in another dimension to obtain Immortality Negation Type 9.

If you kill an avatar/clone without affecting the main body, it's not Immortality Negation Type 9.

If you kill an avatar and the main body can't recreate it you get type 9 negation. Because type 9 is for the avatar, not the main body.
If you don't kill the main body, the main body can create avatars/clones continuously.

Killing clones/avatars is no different from killing other characters who don't have immortality.

Again, let me ask you: do the avatars have type 9 immortality or the main body?

The one that has type 9 is the one that needs to be affected. Otherwise it's not immortality negation.

I'll leave it at that, because we'll be going in circles otherwise.

The one that has type 9 is the one that needs to be affected. Otherwise it's not immortality negation.

Killing clones/avatars is no different from killing other characters who don't have immortality.

The one who got Immortality Type 9 was the main body. As Rimuru got Immortality Type 9 because his main body was in Imaginary Space.

Will killing Rimuru's clone earn Immortality Negation Type 9? No, because Rimuru's main body was alive and well in the Imaginary Space.

Killing clones is just like killing other characters who don't have immortality.

The one who got Immortality Type 9 was the main body. As Rimuru got Immortality Type 9 because his main body was in Imaginary Space.

Will killing Rimuru's clone earn Immortality Negation Type 9? No, because Rimuru's main body was alive and well in the Imaginary Space.

Killing clones is just like killing other characters who don't have immortality.
That logic is flawed.
The clone and the avatar is the one with immo type 9 not the main body. Saying that the main body is type 9 immo is like saying he has another main body than his main body that exist higher than where his main body is.

Clones get it because they became immortal because what you kill are merely avatar of the true body that can just create the avatar again. Negation is being able to stop said being from making more.

Negating type 9 = stopping avatar and clone who rely on true body to exist again aka negating the true bodies ability to make more avatar and clones of himself.

If you kill an avatar and the main body can't recreate it you get type 9 negation. Because type 9 is for the avatar, not the main body.
if you attack the avatar and the true body died, that would also be Type 9 Negation. the only reason Veldora isnt dead is because Velgyrnd merely punched him, if she truly wanted him dead and goes full power, well Veldora is gone for sure

And then――

Baaーーーーーng!!

A huge sound echoed inside the hall.

Veldora was staring blankly. His cheek was swollen red for some reason.

Veldora had his eyes blinking incessantly, thinking about what just happened.

(Eh? It looks like Aneue moved by her own will just now…… there was no murderous intent at all, but I felt a strong will to torment me though!?)

Agitation ran through Veldora’s heart.

(It, it can’t be!? That’s impossible!!)

In front of the reality that he didn’t want to acknowledge, a bead of sweat trickled down Veldora’s forehead.[4]

「Hey, Veldora. Just now, did I hear you say you were going to show me something?? Or did I misheard it?」

Velgrind walked quietly to Veldora with a gentle smile on her beautiful face.

However, Veldora knew that she was never a gentle person and that she was the embodiment of this world’s terror.

「Ah, hauah……!?」

「It wasn’t “hauah”, you damn fool!!」

Velgrind’s fists approached him.

Veldora’s train of thought stopped operating as if they were paralyzed, it was impossible for him to take an evasive action.

Alas, the memories of fear etched in his instinct from his childhood interfered with Veldora’s action.

An awfully heavy and painful, but damage-less attack hit Veldora.

It didn’t take much time for Veldora’s eyes became teary.

「Kuh…… Isn’t this strange! How could Aneue move? Weren’t you being controlled!?」

「Shut up! Did you think that I’ll fall for the same trick over and over again? Did you underestimate me? Hey, Veldora?」

「N-no……I didn’t mean it that way……」

While trembling, Veldora realized that there was nothing he could do except to wait for his older sister’s anger to subside.

What is really absurd was that the damage jumped over『Parallel Existence』and reached Veldora’s main body.

Last edited:
negating type 9 means negating the connection between their true form and their avatar, meaning their avatar cant recover whatsoever because it is negated, if you can attack / reach the true body then it's a simple thing, called range.
What was the meaning of killing a clone/avatar if the main body was fine?

Kill the clone/avatar, the main body is still fine and still enjoying coffee in another dimension.

Kill the main body, then the clone/avatar won't be able to recover anymore.

What was the meaning of killing a clone/avatar if the main body was fine?

Kill the clone/avatar, the main body is still fine and still enjoying coffee in another dimension.

Kill the main body, then the clone/avatar won't be able to recover anymore.
idk bout the actual meaning of negating immo type 9, but shouldnt it be cutting the contact between main body and avatar so the avatar wont recover?

well if the true form died, then the avatar cant recover.
That's still not immortality negation.

If you destroy an object a character has type 8 immortality on, you don't negate their immortality. If you destroy the soul of someone who can regenerate from their soul, it's not immortality negation. If a character can regenerate from their heart and their heart is destroyed, that's not immortality/regeneration negation. If an AI has type 6 immortality through possessing robots and all robots are destroyed, that's not immortality negation either.

All those instances are just ways of bypassing immortality. Immortality negation is its own ability, not just any instance of killing something despite its immortality.

type 8 is more about their immoratality relies on something within the same plane the avatar is in. Type 9 on the other hand its on a different dimension/plane

This is range, you didn't negate anything, you just "screw you" then process to attack the true form while ignore the avatar

On Rimuru's page (WN), it is necessary to clarify that the chaotic, nuclear dimension is the Imaginary Space.

Rimuru generates immensely destructive energy and stores it in Imaginary Space for later use and prevents it from going out of control.

That's why the Imaginary Space and Turn Null skills are part of ultimate skill Azathoth.

Imaginary Space is also called Chaos World.

Can you update that page please?

Back