• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Discussion Thread 20

Give the raw scan, I can have someone translate it.

I mean, I don't have the exact quote on Japanese, but I found this somewhere else in a Discord server regarding Slime:

-Vol.18 translated quote:

"He used to be tough. Guy did it, but I was helping to keep the planet from falling apart! "
"Hahaha!  Ivarage's destructive power can shatter the stars if he's not careful. If we fight it carelessly, we'll be in big trouble."

Also, seems like the word "Hoshi" was mentioned, many people pointed that out in the server.

The word "Hoshi" seems to mean "Star" in Japanese.

This is what I found on internet:

Hoshi or Hosi/Hoshni (星) is the Japanese word for "star" .

And No, It musn't be mistaken with Planet, as Planet in Japanese means: (惑星) "Wakusei": "Planet".

Last edited:
No Hoshi (星) could in context mean either planet or Star. Most series just use hoshi to say planet. Wakusei (惑星) is indeed planet but that word is rarely used in most series as it seems to be a more formal way of saying planet. Most series I’ve seen prefer to just say Hoshi (星) when referring to a planet. Examples include Boros from One Punch Man saying Hoshi when saying he will destroy the Earth. Zero from the Ultra Series saying hoshi when talking about how the Earth was originally destroyed by a bomb. There’s probably a few more but these two are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:
No Hoshi (星) could in context mean either planet or Star. Most series just use hoshi to say planet. Wakusei (惑星) is indeed planet but that word is rarely used in most series as it seems to be a more formal way of saying planet. Most series I’ve seen prefer to just say Hoshi (星) when referring to a planet. Examples include Boros from One Punch Man saying Hoshi when saying he will destroy the Earth. Zero from the Ultra Series saying hoshi when talking about how the Earth was originally destroyed by a bomb. There’s probably a few more but these two are the ones I remember off the top of my head.
Either way, seems like the context of the little text refers to a star, as it's explicitly stated that X character was helping out not letting the Planet fall apart due to Ivaraje's power, then after it, It mentions stars like the next level of destruction that Ivar can inflict.
In fact, due to that, It would be ilogical to assume that "Planet" is repeated once more.

Thought we should ask Helestias to bring the raw scan in Japanese, as I think that he was the one that talked about the topic in this thread.

Well if the translation is accurate than than in this context it does sound like it is probably referring to the stars rather than the planet. But I was just correcting how Hoshi can mean either planet or star.

"He used to be tough. Guy did it, but I was helping to keep the planet from falling apart! "
"Hahaha!  Ivarage's destructive power can shatter the stars if he's not careful.
That seems to have come from Charvandee's translation. It's a bit polished compared to others but she was using machine translators nonetheless.

I can only see True Dragon level characters being 5-B, likely 4-C at best. Until more info supporting 4-C exists.

That seems to have come from Charvandee's translation. It's a bit polished compared to others but she was using machine translators nonetheless.

I can only see True Dragon level characters being 5-B, likely 4-C at best. Until more info supporting 4-C exists.
Well, I think we should just ask Helestias or someonelse to bring the raw scans from that quote in Japanese, then call someone Who has a good level of Japanese.

But I can see LN top tiers being 4-C or High 4-C, also, don't forget that the LN isn't ending yet and that we could reach WB novel Tiers in a very near future.

Yeah I'm just saying that the majority of the feats and statements we have were 5-B. More than likely it's using the Hoshi word for these which can mean celestial bodies in general.
If there's gonna be a real, solid 4-C feat in the LN we've yet to see it.

I do have a epub version of the raw vollume 18 which I collected from Voxel.If anyone needs it i will give the link here

This was the exact phrase used for shattering the star.I have also copied the line of planet from collapsing:
「以前は大変だったのよさ。ギィが相手したんだけど、アタシも星が壊れないように協力してたんだからね!」
「ガッハッハ! イヴァラージェの破壊力ならば、下手をすれば星をも砕くからのう。迂闊に戦えば、とんでもない事になるわな」

And this is the this for vollume 18 epub Which voxel extracted from kobo.

「ガッハッハ! イヴァラージェの破壊力ならば、下手をすれば星をも砕くからのう。迂闊に戦えば、とんでもない事になるわな
Pretty sure this context means planet as they fought on Dagruel's territority.

Pretty sure this context means planet as they fought on Dagruel's territority.
That's Milim and Gy tho. We don't know where the exact place Ivaraj and Guy fought. We only knew that Ivaraj escaped to Another World after that fought and sealed there which then become Aggressor World.

That's Milim and Gy tho. We don't know where the exact place Ivaraj and Guy fought. We only knew that Ivaraj escaped to Another World after that fought and sealed there which then become Aggressor World.
Yes, they fought in other world. But here they're talking about if Feldway sent Ivalaje to cardinal world. Thats where the line "have to be careful to not destroy the planet" comefrom.

Yes, they fought in other world. But here they're talking about if Feldway sent Ivalaje to cardinal world. Thats where the line "have to be careful to not destroy the planet" comefrom.
Is that the point of that sentence above? I mean that quote refered to Guy vs Ivaraj in the past and how strong Ivaraj is right? That's why they said after this that Feldway is not dumb to release Ivaraj that he can't control.

Is that the point of that sentence above? I mean that quote refered to Guy vs Ivaraj in the past and how strong Ivaraj is right? That's why they said after this that Feldway is not dumb to release Ivaraj and ended up destroying the Cardinal World instead.
Yes, thats why Hoshi here refers to planet.

「ガッハッハ! イヴァラージェの破壊力ならば、下手をすれば星をも砕くからのう。迂闊に戦えば、とんでもない事になるわな」
2 lines are shown here.1st one says:
“It was dreadful back then. Guy took care it, but I also helped to keep the planet from falling apart!”

2nd line says:
“Gahaha! Ivarage's destructive power can shatter the stars if he's not careful. If we fight him carelessly, we'll be in big trouble.”

According to the fixed mtl by charavender

"Guy keep the planet from falling apart" because "Ivarage's destructive power can shatter the world if he's not careful" it looks 5-B

Well, there should be a reason why it's translated as stars and not as planets. It's why the best ratings for the god tiers are "5-B, likely 4-C". Of course we can be conservative and just keep it at 5-B, since the majority of the statements are on that level.

All 5-B characters except for Rimuru doesn't even have profiles yet anyways.

It's kinda the same to boros so yeah i think it's just 5-B . if you translate the raw Statements of boros it gonna be "Imma wipe you and this star surface"

I still thinking Charavender translation is more accurate tho.
Doesn't make sense. They're clearly talking about planet being shattered like the first statements was, reason it wasn't completely destroy is that because guy keep it from falling apart.

Doesn't make sense. They're clearly talking about planet being shattered like the first statements was, reason it wasn't completely destroy is that because guy keep it from falling apart.
Why it doesn't make sense?

Firstly, in the context of the little text refers to a star, as it's explicitly stated that X character was helping out not letting the Planet fall apart due to Ivaraje's power, then after it, It mentions stars like the next level of destruction that Ivar can inflict.
In fact, due to that, It would be ilogical to assume that "Planet" is repeated once more.

Why it doesn't make sense?

Firstly, in the context of the little text refers to a star, as it's explicitly stated that X character was helping out not letting the Planet fall apart due to Ivaraje's power, then after it, It mentions stars like the next level of destruction that Ivar can inflict.
That's literally why it doesn't make sense. They're clearly talking about the planet not literal a star. And How it is illogical? Idk who state the second one but it clearly saying "That's right. if ivarage is careless he'd ended up destroying the world" "It's thanks to guy that it didn't happen" sorry but the fact you think Hoshi can only means a star

That's literally why it doesn't make sense. They're clearly talking about the planet not literal a star. And How it is illogical? Idk who state the second one but it clearly saying "That's right. if ivarage is careless he'd destroy the world" "It's thanks to guy that it didn't happen" sorry but the fact you think Hoshi can only means a star
Well, I think we should just bring a translator and let's see if the translation is right.

Well, I think we should just bring a translator and let's see if the translation is right.
Charavender already read the Japanese raw.Its your wish if you want to translate it further again.As hoshi always reffers to either star or planet

Last edited:
It's different to the Boros situation. It's referring to a single attack directed at a planet. The most logical conclusion is that it was referring to the planet that was about to get hit by Boros's attack.

The Ivarage situation was about the dragon being able to shatter either stars or planets, the key here is that it's plural. So with that powerful creature, Guy needs to protect the world from getting destroyed in the process of fighting Ivarage.
In this case, both stars and planets could work.

I'm not really pushing for 4-C ratings too much though, considering this is just one statement. Incredible claims, incredible evidence and all that. They're comfortably 5-B as of now.

Last edited:
Anyways, although I'm terribly busy and probably won't be able to post it any time soon, but in the CRT I was making, some new info from volume 18 changes things a bit. Namely, Shogo Taguchi will lose several of his Resistances. V18 confirms that not all Unique Skills are inscribed into the soul. Some of them reside with or within the soul, some are in the astral/spiritual body, and some are in the material body.
Shogo's Berserker and Survivor IIRC are all in the material body, so he doesn't get the natural soul protection that Unique Skills inscribed to the soul grants to its users.
Though I don't have much care about the Falmuth otherworlders considering they aren't important at all in the scaling chain of the verse, but this distinction might be relevant for other characters.

Anyways, although I'm terribly busy and probably won't be able to post it any time soon, but in the CRT I was making, some new info from volume 18 changes things a bit. Namely, Shogo Taguchi will lose several of his Resistances. V18 confirms that not all Unique Skills are inscribed into the soul. Some of them reside with or within the soul, some are in the astral/spiritual body, and some are in the material body.
Shogo's Berserker and Survivor IIRC are all in the material body, so he doesn't get the natural soul protection that Unique Skills inscribed to the soul grants to its users.
Though I don't have much care about the Falmuth otherworlders considering they aren't important at all in the scaling chain of the verse, but this distinction might be relevant for other characters.
Huh thanks for your hardwork.Anyone gonna make Rim possibly 4-C overtime from travel Journals claim?

Last edited:
Ivarage has no reason to scale off from Gluttony/Beelzebub, especially since Gluttony does the skill over an unspecified amount of time. Furthermore, checking the raws, it once again makes use of the word Hoshi so at best Gluttony/Beelzebub will get a 5-B, likely 4-C over time rating.

Until we get similar statements from the WN in the LN like Castle Guard tanking supernovas, we don't really have a very solid and definite 4-C feats.

Ivarage has no reason to scale off from Gluttony/Beelzebub, especially since Gluttony does the skill over an unspecified amount of time. Furthermore, checking the raws, it once again makes use of the word Hoshi so at best Gluttony/Beelzebub will get a 5-B, likely 4-C over time rating.

Until we get similar statements from the WN in the LN like Castle Guard tanking supernovas, we don't really have a very solid and definite 4-C feats.
But this time it used "stars in the sky" and its very unlikely to mean planets in the sky.Likely 4-C overtime is good though

Bruh,after reading vol 18.One thing is sure,Fuse-sensei is trying his best not to make anyone light speed,lol.He explained everytime that,this thing isn't light speed when light related something.Both cases of Leon and Carrion was explained that they weren't light speed

We will probably get speed downgrades, or something else. Too many Mach 100-1000 statements. We have to weigh in which is consistent and which is an outlier. And figure out stuff to properly quantify the speed.

We will probably get speed downgrades, or something else. Too many Mach 100-1000 statements. We have to weigh in which is consistent and which is an outlier. And figure out stuff to properly quantify the speed.
Yup.The only rel or rel+ probably is Velgrynd with sub lightspeed statement, Koundos bullet which is near light speed and Rimuru rel and ftl reaction with ciel and spatial dominion

Fuse just trying to make sure laws of physic works the same as real physics since no matter have mass can travel at SoL. He should just throw it out of window at this point LOL.

Back