• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Discussion Thread 20

Not sure why Fuse is even doing it, he doesn't seem particularly knowledgeable nor is he consistent about physics in the first place.
It's very possible for even some of the Relativistic+ characters right now to be downgraded with only their reactions speed remaining in that level.

Though it's not like this is an LN only problem. WN has a lot of varying AP and speed feats as well even just looking at some respect threads.

I Would maybe later provoking the author by saying subaru is faster than rimuru well that's only if he still reading reviews on syou, site. It might work

Was it ever explained why Kondou manipulated Clayman? I can't fathom their intentions, it felt like an excuse to make Clayman less terrible in both morals and intelligence.

I made a sandbox with the CRT I was making using this forum, though only the creator can see it apparently. Though the "Views" lists that the thread got viewed 4 times, so I'm not sure how that works (maybe mods can see sandboxes?).

I mean you could test here if you want; I could try to see if a mod has the availability.
Meanwhile, I can't even copy my onenote draft text into the website sandbox without going into roundabout way, lol

Last edited:
It isn't visible, to me; it seems private enough.

Hmm, I don't really use onenote so can't say anything about that lol but sites really can be difficult that way.
  • Got it; it cool. in the wiki, I just used onenote for really out-there-draft. It's not to be bad as I managed to copy what I want from second-hand copy and paste.

Shouldn't Yuukis regeneration negation for LN key be mid godly?
IMG_20210428_005925.jpg

This was the exact phrase used for shattering the star.I have also copied the line of planet from collapsing:
「以前は大変だったのよさ。ギィが相手したんだけど、アタシも星が壊れないように協力してたんだからね!」
「ガッハッハ! イヴァラージェの破壊力ならば、下手をすれば星をも砕くからのう。迂闊に戦えば、とんでもない事になるわな」

And this is the this for vollume 18 epub Which voxel extracted from kobo.
Wait the minute... Doesn't that mean Ivaraj is only equal to Carrera?

Here are Carrera's feats in Light Novel volume 15

"本来ならば惑星上で使用するような魔法ではないのだが、カレラは迷いなくぶっ放した。  一歩制御を間違うと、星すらも消し飛ばす魔法である。" -

"Its not magic that would be used on this planet under any normal circumstances, however, Carrera was not hesitant to release it. With one misstep in its control, the magic can obliterate even that of the stars."

I don't understand the power system in this verse🗿

Wait the minute... Doesn't that mean Ivaraj is only equal to Carrera?

Here are Carrera's feats in Light Novel volume 15

"本来ならば惑星上で使用するような魔法ではないのだが、カレラは迷いなくぶっ放した。  一歩制御を間違うと、星すらも消し飛ばす魔法である。" -

"Its not magic that would be used on this planet under any normal circumstances, however, Carrera was not hesitant to release it. With one misstep in its control, the magic can obliterate even that of the stars."

I don't understand the power system in this verse🗿
Just think of it as 5-B at minimum and 4-C possibly

What I'm confused about, why is Ivaraj only on the same level as Carrera? Even though Ivaraj was said to be equal to True Dragon, while Carrera could not injure Velgrynd's Parallel Existence at all.
She can't injure Velgrynd bcs she's not yet become a TDL at that time. TDL Testa can already pull a fight againts Parallel Existence Velgrynd in V15.

She can't injure Velgrynd bcs she's not yet become a TDL at that time. TDL Testa can already pull a fight againts Parallel Existence Velgrynd in V15.
She can't injure Velgryn not because she's not TDL, but because she doesnt have ultimate skill.

It is said the combination attack of the trio is equal to ultimate skill hence they could scratch Velgryn.

She can't injure Velgryn not because she's not TDL, but because she doesnt have ultimate skill.

It is said the combination attack of the trio is equal to ultimate skill hence they could scratch Velgryn.
It's also bcs they still weak tho. They need to combine their full str just to scratch Velgrynd. Ultimate Skill can still be countered to an extent with enough Will power alone, for example are Gy and Diablo. Ofc, it's depends on each individu tho.

It's also bcs they still weak tho. They need to combine their full str just to scratch Velgrynd. Ultimate Skill can still be countered to an extent with enough Will power alone, for example are Gy and Diablo.
There's always an exception for everything, but unless its proven otherwise Ultimate skill Always triumph any other skill, hence Velgryn could easily stomp the trio.

5-B minimum kinda...well yk. Even Kondo can slice that Magic and it's already 4-C.
To be fair Kondo had to break his limits and use his Judgement Bullet a second time to slash that magic apart. And Carrera said that was her strongest attack magic. Also just saying the Chinese translation said 行星 which is planet when talking about how powerful that magic was. So according to the Chinese translations Carrera’s strongest magic is only 5-B.

To be fair Kondo had to break his limits and use his Judgement Bullet a second time to slash that magic apart. And Carrera said that was her strongest attack magic. Also just saying the Chinese translation said 行星 which is planet when talking about how powerful that magic was. So according to the Chinese translations Carrera’s strongest magic is only 5-B.
Why you need the CN translation when they already provided the RAW? And it's clearly mentioning Star not Planet.

Because in the Japanese raw the word 星 could mean either planet or star. And according the Chinese translations they said planet. And I don’t think good translations of the English translations are out yet. So I’m just saying for reference we have one translation saying planet. While the raw could be either planet or star.

And honestly context wise it does sound like a 5-B attack rather than 4-C attack as they said it’s a magic that if not used carefully could destroy the planet.

Because in the Japanese raw the word 星 could mean either planet or star. And according the Chinese translations they said planet. And I don’t think good translations of the English translations are out yet. So I’m just saying for reference we have one translation saying planet. While the raw could be either planet or star.

And honestly context wise it does sound like a planet lvl attack.
It's clearly Star. In that text Kondo aalready mentioned Planet as in Wakusei 惑星 before mentioning Star or 星 Hoshi. Why you need to use 2 different word just to refer 1 thing? Not to mention the context is that Magic is too dangerous to be used in the Planet bcs it can even destroy the Star.

Pretty sure there’s no rule saying if 惑星 wakusei is used than 星 hoshi must mean star. From what I see this sentence seems to be specifically talking about the planet as they say if the magic is not used carefully it will destroy the planet. Which makes much more sense than if not used carefully would destroy the star as they are currently using it on a planet rather than a star.

Also this isn’t even the main point I was trying to make. I’m just saying this seems to be a specific attack that’s separate from Carrera’s normal stats. As it required Kondo to use an attack that is not part of his normal stat to destroy.

Last edited:
Pretty sure there’s no rule saying if 惑星 wakusei is used than 星 hoshi must mean star. From what I see this sentence seems to be specifically talking about the planet as they say if the magic is not used carefully it will destroy the planet. Which makes much more sense than if not used carefully would destroy the star.
What? That just ******** to use it like that tbh...the only case that it's iffy is when they only said Hoshi repeatedly so the context is blurry. While this case they clearly used Wakusei and then "Hoshi sura mo" which is "Even the Star" to explain why that Magic not to be used in the Planet bcs Even the Star will be destroyed.

Last edited:
Look the difference between the two words 惑星 (wakusei) and 星 (hoshi) is like 星球 (xing qiu) and 行星 (xing xing). Both 星球 and 行星 are different ways of saying planet in Chinese. And these two words are also what the Chinese translation used when talking about Carrera’s strongest magic. So like I said context wise it does seem like the original Japanese scan is trying to say the magic could destroy the planet as they used a word that specifically only means planet before 星 (hoshi). So in this context I believe planet makes more sense than star.

Look the difference between the two words 惑星 (wakusei) and 星 (hoshi) is like 星球 (xing qiu) and 行星 (xing xing). Both 星球 and 行星 are different ways of saying planet in Chinese. And these two words are also what the Chinese translation used when talking about Carrera’s strongest magic. So like I said context wise it does seem like the original Japanese scan is trying to say the magic could destroy the planet as they used a word that specifically only means planet before 星 (hoshi).
I'm talking about how in this context in Japanese here where Wakusei clearly refer solely to Planet compared to Hoshi which is a lot of meaning...not about Chinese...why we go back to CN TL again?

Well if you still believe you are right with the CN then there is no more to discuse ig.

Because Japanese grammar is much more similar to Chinese rather than English? They both have multiple words that have the same or different meanings.

Also why are we talking about this again? I was specifically talking about how Carrera possessing a 5-B or 4-C magic doesn’t mean she is on par with Ivaraj since it seems to be a magic that is not part of her normal level of power. Which seems to be the case as Kondo who was on par with Carrera at the time if I remember correctly specifically had to use the Judgement Bullet a second time to slash the magic apart. And Judgement Bullet is not part of Kondo’s normal power. It’s literally an entirely different stat as shown on his profile.

Because Japanese grammar is much more similar to Chinese rather than English? They both have multiple words that have the same or different meanings.

Also why are we talking about this again? I was specifically talking about how Carrera possessing a 5-B or 4-C magic doesn’t mean she is on par with Ivaraj since it seems to be a magic that is not part of her normal level of power. Which seems to be the case as Kondo who was on par with Carrera at the time if I remember correctly specifically had to use the Judgement Bullet a second time to slash the magic apart. And Judgement Bullet is not part of Kondo’s normal power. It’s literally an entirely different stat.
And i never said that she is cormparable to Ivaraj tho. I only said that, that Magic is 4-C not just 5-B and possibly 4-C nothing else.

Well you did say even Kondo can cut it which makes it sound like you are saying a 5-B/4-C feat is a rather common thing they can do. Which isn’t the case as both of them could only do it with their strongest attacks.

Well you did say even Kondo can cut it which makes it sound like you are saying a 5-B/4-C feat is a rather common thing they can do. Which isn’t the case as both of them could only do it with their strongest attacks.
Kondo did cut it tho. Well mybe bcs i didn't give the detail ig? But that beside my point.

But yeah I only brought the Chinese translation up as a afterthought but you decided to focus on that instead. Still I firmly believe that context wise it means 5-B rather than 4-C. But I’d rather not clutter up the thread with this argument on 星 so I guess we should probably just drop this and wait to see what the translators say when they actually translate volume 15 rather than argue using only machine translation which I honestly don’t trust that much.

First i agree it's just 5-B. But i disagree with you, using CN version. it's literally just the same how we change hoshi to either planet or star depends on context. In chinese Hoshi means 星星 and Xīngxīng (星星) means star in english. Doesn't really change anything just the same like in english that hoshi can either means planet or star.

Last edited:
Yeah I know Hoshi is 星星 in Chinese. But they had an actual translator that finished volume 15 translate Hoshi as 行星 (Planet) when translating the context for Carrera’s magic. And since the CN translations are actually translated by somebody who knows Japanese, I personally trust their translation over the machine translation we have and are using right now for the later volumes. But like I said we can talk about this after the English translation reaches volume 15.

Yeah I know Hoshi is 星星 in Chinese. But they had an actual translator that finished volume 15 translate Hoshi as 行星 (Planet) when translating the context for Carrera’s magic. And since the CN translations are actually translated by somebody who knows Japanese, I personally trust their translation over the machine translation we have and are using right now for the later volumes. But like I said we can talk about this after the English translation reaches volume 15.
Just doesn't feel right to use CN but whatever, even without those it is clearly just 5-B.

Well, these things won't be relevant until maybe 2 years from now, but I suppose at least we're weighing in on which makes more sense now.

The eventual speed downgrades is more concerning. I sometimes wish Slime was only a manga, we can probably put everyone at MFTL speeds based on Disintegration/Melt Slash pixel scaling calculations lmao. But the LN has made it clear that nobody except for Rimuru/Ciel has FTL perception speed.

Back