• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken Discussion Thread 20

Well, these things won't be relevant until maybe 2 years from now, but I suppose at least we're weighing in on which makes more sense now.

The eventual speed downgrades is more concerning. I sometimes wish Slime was only a manga, we can probably put everyone at MFTL speeds based on Disintegration/Melt Slash pixel scaling calculations lmao. But the LN has made it clear that nobody except for Rimuru/Ciel has FTL perception speed.
What's the content of CRT you're going to make?

Well, these things won't be relevant until maybe 2 years from now, but I suppose at least we're weighing in on which makes more sense now.

The eventual speed downgrades is more concerning. I sometimes wish Slime was only a manga, we can probably put everyone at MFTL speeds based on Disintegration/Melt Slash pixel scaling calculations lmao. But the LN has made it clear that nobody except for Rimuru/Ciel has FTL perception speed.
How are these speed downgrades going to be?

Yeah that's suck . Alright let's go invade syosetu site.

What's the content of CRT you're going to make?
The current CRT I'm making doesn't include the speed downgrades (that's for 2 years from now if I'm still here, or if someone else makes it).
It's mostly about revising the contents of the profiles, like Names, Summary, Range, revising justifications for AP, Speed, Dura, and adding Weaknesses, Intelligence explanations, Notable Attacks, and Equipments. Razul gets some additions in his powers/abilities too.
It's pretty long because it involves almost all of the LN characters. Plus I'm busy with college so this will probably take a while.

How are these speed downgrades going to be?
For one, everyone with MHS speed will probably get downgraded, though I'm not sure where to put it. There are statements where even Velgrynd going at Mach 1000 was considered impressive, if I'm not mistaken. Karion was moving at several hundred times the speed of sound and was giving Benimaru trouble (note that both of them are Awakened Demon Lords at this point). Kondou's bullets were also only at Mach 1000 range if I'm not wrong, only his Judgment Bullet was traveling at Rel+, which means even the Clowns are below Mach 1000 since they fought Kondou.
Rimuru and the others may also lose their Relativistic combat speed, instead that's only going to be reaction/perception speed with attacks like Disintegration remaining at Rel+. When you think about it, this doesn't necessarily contradict even their current feats (due to characters having Precog, and reading the opponent's movements so they don't have to be as fast as the attacks themselves).

Even Volume 18 has confusing speed feats. Leon was definitely described to attack at Rel+, but the key word here is attack, so it could be interpreted as only attack speed. Silvia was keeping up with Leon because she can fight at the speed of lightning.

Though I would like it if all the speed feats are compiled so that we'll be able to weigh in which is consistent and inconsistent, potential outliers, etc. But there's little to no chance that those unimpressive speed feats are mistranslations so, we just have to accept it. I'd still be salty about it though.

Last edited:
Leon's attack was light based and Fuse continued to emphasize that it was not the speed of light.

I wondering if he was scared of his editor lol. Like in later Volume he keep pointed that out everyone is not light speed.

The current CRT I'm making doesn't include the speed downgrades (that's for 2 years from now if I'm still here, or if someone else makes it).
It's mostly about revising the contents of the profiles, like Names, Summary, Range, revising justifications for AP, Speed, Dura, and adding Weaknesses, Intelligence explanations, Notable Attacks, and Equipments. Razul gets some additions in his powers/abilities too.
It's pretty long because it involves almost all of the LN characters. Plus I'm busy with college so this will probably take a while.

For one, everyone with MHS speed will probably get downgraded, though I'm not sure where to put it. There are statements where even Velgrynd going at Mach 1000 was considered impressive, if I'm not mistaken. Karion was moving at several hundred times the speed of sound and was giving Benimaru trouble (note that both of them are Awakened Demon Lords at this point). Kondou's bullets were also only at Mach 1000 range if I'm not wrong, only his Judgment Bullet was traveling at Rel+, which means even the Clowns are below Mach 1000 since they fought Kondou.
Rimuru and the others may also lose their Relativistic combat speed, instead that's only going to be reaction/perception speed with attacks like Disintegration remaining at Rel+. When you think about it, this doesn't necessarily contradict even their current feats (due to characters having Precog, and reading the opponent's movements so they don't have to be as fast as the attacks themselves).

Though I would like it if all the speed feats are compiled so that we'll be able to weigh in which is consistent and inconsistent, potential outliers, etc. But there's little to no chance that those unimpressive speed feats are mistranslations so, we just have to accept it.
I see so its not about WN like Turn Null being nonexistence type 2 or great spirits being concepts type 2.

I do wonder if it's the editor's influence, though Fuse's editors typically aren't the bossy types so they may have just suggested it to him. They mostly seem to just quality-check his works, and he seems to get a lot of freedom while writing.

Wait, does the editor have influence in the power scaling?
Yes and Not only that , even to the entire story itself. I sometimes read in afterwards, author saying "why this sht wasn't included in light novel because of their editor or secretly complaining how trash the editor suggestions was or "My editor keep insisting that i should make a pov for this character in volume 8 (Noah from clearing an isekai) and so on.

Saiki dad is also an editor you'll see the author trash talking his editor behind his back lol

Even Volume 18 has confusing speed feats. Leon was definitely described to attack at Rel+, but the key word here is attack, so it could be interpreted as only attack speed. Silvia was keeping up with Leon because she can fight at the speed of lightning.

Though I would like it if all the speed feats are compiled so that we'll be able to weigh in which is consistent and inconsistent, potential outliers, etc. But there's little to no chance that those unimpressive speed feats are mistranslations so, we just have to accept it. I'd still be salty about it though.
I my opinion, those characters shouldn't lose MHS+, becouse many of them scale to the black lightning speed feat.

I my opinion, those characters shouldn't lose MHS+, becouse many of them scale to the black lightning speed feat.
They're MHS actually. The standard lightning speed in this site is MHS+. Nobody in Slime LN is MHS+ right now except for Rimuru's own Black Lightning.
There are a good number of anti-feats (like Karion not being MHS+ and still nearly defeating Benimaru), and we don't really have any statement about Black Lightning speed except that it's faster than sound. I'd also note that Rimuru couldn't fly faster than sound until he learned Gravity Manipulation. Inb4 supersonic slime gg
Black Lightning is also apparently different from the Dark Lightning that Veldora uses.

Considering that I already downgraded the speed of the entire LN once, seeing another potential speed downgrade nearly gives me physical pain lol
Makes me miss the good old days of that mistranslated FTL Black Lightning.

Considering that I already downgraded the speed of the entire LN once, seeing another potential speed downgrade nearly gives me physical pain lol
Lol,same i was really looking forward to tier 1 ln tensura.Its giving me downgrades now.Well its still giving me a better story than wn.So i guess its a win win situation.

Hope that Fuse changes his mind and gives us solid FTL to MFTL speed feats in a near future, I'm crossing hands right now 🤞🏽

In a more positive light, Michael's profile is gonna be as stacked as Rimuru's. So far he can access 10 Ultimate Skills including himself, and 5 Ultimate Gifts. Though we still don't know the functions of most of these skills.

In a more positive light, Michael's profile is gonna be as stacked as Rimuru's. So far he can access 10 Ultimate Skills including himself, and 5 Ultimate Gifts. Though we still don't know the functions of most of these skills.
Oh so more abilities yet to reveal, interesting...

However, the good thing is that, at least we got LN Rimuru as FTL like u said.

Yeah I'm quite positive Ultimate Slime Rimuru is FTL in perception speed, at least. Since he has no trouble seeing light speed and a second last a decade for him. Doing a quick questionable math means a SoL attack is moving at less than 1m/s in Rimuru's perspective.

Does your CRT include resistance for Ultimate Skill? I remember someone saying Rimuru's profile lacks Ultimate Skill resistance.

Volume 12 was just finished.
I think i downloaded the wrong one . I downloaded the pdf that has no cover on it and the language is i think Thai language

Does your CRT include resistance for Ultimate Skill? I remember someone saying Rimuru's profile lacks Ultimate Skill resistance.
No and I haven't noticed that either. I only have adding resistances for Razul resisting Shion's Unique Skill since weirdly enough it wasn't added.

Volume 12 was just finished.
tenor.gif

So with the very first lines of V12, I gotta ask:
Are we sure Yuuki came from the same world as Rimuru, and not just a world that is almost an exact copy of Rimuru's.
Because Yuuki apparently already had power before he got isekaid, which means there is some sort of low-level magic existing in his world.
Either that or Yuuki just one Veldanava's lottery of giving people from physical worlds magical abilities lol

Because Yuuki apparently already had power before he got isekaid, which means there is some sort of low-level magic existing in his world.
I mean, he was a genious on his previous world, but he would die if he used his inteligence because his brain would be overloaded, his world is the same as rimuru

i think someone should tell fuse to make rimuru stronger 😭. now i cant use LN version rimuru to debate because its too weak lmao 😭

i think someone should tell fuse to make rimuru stronger 😭. now i cant use LN version rimuru to debate because its too weak lmao 😭
He'll definitely become a universal to beyond in future , the real concerning is his speed lol

Which version of the names do you guys prefer?
  • Ruminas vs Luminas vs Luminus
  • Kazaream vs Kazalim
  • Karion vs Carillon vs Carrion
  • Mizari vs Mizeri vs Misery
  • Rhein vs Rain vs Raine

Back