• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Milly Rocking Bandit, noted; you still can participate in the discussion thread still to stay in the loop.

Unrelated to the overall discussion of power levels, but since this is one of the few active places to discuss the series, Slime beat Idolmaster in revenue for the first half of 2019.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TenseiSlim...rall_revenue_ranking/?st=jx5mg03f&sh=4885e802

Media overall revenue includes LN, manga, BD/DVD, and CD. This ranking does not include streaming/ licensing, movie box office, merchandise, game, and in-game purchase revenue.

Don't have the link but here are the top 3:

No. 1 - Slime at 2.81 billion yen. No. 2 - IM@S at 2.8 billion yen. No. 3 - KINGDOM at 2.59 billion yen.

Doomrider7 long time no see and... what a surprising news u have there , slime ? beats idolm@ster ? seriously ? I thought this idol anime was untouchable , I mean this anime is like a religion there

Didn't slime have another collab with another gacha game? I meant to post it here but forgot, and now I forgot what game it was.

OpMasada said:
Didn't slime have another collab with another gacha game? I meant to post it here but forgot, and now I forgot what game it was.
Jesus at this point you need to be specific since they've had like 2 or 3. Grand Summoners, Unison League, and Flower Knight I think it was called. There's also their own gacha game and the TCG collab. I fully expect Idolmaster to rebound and leave Tensura in the dust especially given some of the limitations, but Tensuea having beat it even if just ONCE and by a slim margin is still impressive as all hell since the series is an established juggernaut.

Oh yeah, my friend who translates the spinoffs was nice enough to translate the Goblin Lord character page from LN8.5,

my bad , I mean double release . dasRay was planned to release vol 8 and 9 at the same time but apparently unexpected things has happened irl

Agreed. Also, where is everyone?
Honestly, I don't know. I do think some might have burnout from CRT or from Tensei Versus Thread.

I could stlll do CRT or participate in CRT I would just largely bring in other evaluation staffs for faster approval.

Well, I am not stressed or burnouted by Vs Threads so I can participate

Also, guys, if you want to found things/texts quickly whether for CRTs or other. The lithium app with the epub version of the Slime Volumes make the search much easier and enable complete views of the text.!

I was burnout with the old search option method from pdf and google regarding relevant texts for CRT creation to the point that I was about to gave up on the series for a long while but this app save me!!

Same.

Is it just me, or was I seriously unsatisfied with S1 of Slime's ending? Not that it was bad, but if it had stopped right when Hinata told Rimuru she was to destroy Tempest, THEN I'd enjoy it a lot more.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Hello everyone, I saw a couple raws for Chapter 59. Shion I believe dies in there, because Rimuru asks "how do I become a demon lord".
  1. RainIsTerrifying, I hope 8 BIT do it justice, that scene was so brutal.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Same.

Is it just me, or was I seriously unsatisfied with S1 of Slime's ending? Not that it was bad, but if it had stopped right when Hinata told Rimuru she was to destroy Tempest, THEN I'd enjoy it a lot more.
I know right .

despite the fact S2 is confirmed , I wonder why they didn't end S1 with a cliffhanger .

1. RainIsTerrifying, I hope 8 BIT do it justice, that scene was so brutal.
when 8bit didnt rush things , they were actually pretty awesome . for example , in anime shizu arc was way better than in manga and light novel .

Ok... that's it, I am done. I will no longer participate in anything WN related be it VS Battle or CRTs. Congrats to all the haters for turning the entire wiki against the Slime franchise somehow to the point that even uttering a word in defense in a VS Battle now gets considered "wank" no matter what one says. Sorry to MRB and Elizhaa, since me saying this might sound like I am stepping all over the time and energy consumed with the CRTs you two have been doing for the WN, but this is getting ridiculous now.

I see now that the reason only Rimuru and Yuuki are used is probably because most other characters in the WN version only got like 1 or maybe 2 offensive hax that usually aren't even THAT great, while their defensive hax are almost identicial due to the Ultimate Skill-derived Resistances. In addition, due to Rimuru's and Yuuki's last keys, anyone else just seems like an inferior copy to these two. So if you want any non-WN characters to shine, use the LN version instead, since their keys are lower and mostly don't need to face the super-haxed characters.

So yea, I'll still be around for all the LN/manga/anime stuff though. Who knows, if we are lucky, the official TL will also include vol. 8.5.

@MRB

Yes, it happens slightly differently in each version.

• WN/LN: Shizu goes batshit crazy within the tent AS Shizue during one of the discussions (see LN illustration of vol. 1 for how insane she looks under Ifrit's control)
  • manga: Shizu while riding on Ranga's back with Rimuru starts spasming but still keeps fighting a mental battle against Ifrit for some time, causing random destruction in her immdiete surroundings
  • anime: Shizu cries out when she is about to leave the village, and immidietly becomes immobilized until she transforms into Ifrit (in a rather visually flashy way)

I did try getting a fight going with souhei vs Touta, but non physical interaction on souheis profile made the fight pointless.

Well, I think having actual Raws in image form is better than the wandering camera from the youtube video.

Also this chapter seems rather long.

Interesting is that it explicitly shows the different methods of using Spatial Movement. On one hand the "teleportation" (Rimuru arriving in Tempest after his Hinata battle, also when he returned from Ramiris' labyrinth entrance to Ingraccia with his students) and on the other hand the "portal" (which Rimuru used to send off Myarmoulies and the other humans to Blumund). I think the YenPress LN TL was a bit vague on that front.

Maybe the manga will also show something about Rimuru's Multilayer Barrier and his Spatial Attribute interaction (when he heals Hakurou) once the TL releases. I hope Jesterly will avoid mistakes like he did with "attacking the soul" when he started off. I am worried how Jesterly will handle the name of Diablo's race once he gets there considering Jesterly already translated Myulan, a Majin, as "Demon" falling into the "everything can be translated as Demon" TL dillema.

NeoSuperior said:
Well, I think having actual Raws in image form is better than the wandering camera from the youtube video.

Also this chapter seems rather long.

Interesting is that it explicitly shows the different methods of using Spatial Movement. On one hand the "teleportation" (Rimuru arriving in Tempest after his Hinata battle, also when he returned from Ramiris' labyrinth entrance to Ingraccia with his students) and on the other hand the "portal" (which Rimuru used to send off Myarmoulies and the other humans to Blumund). I think the YenPress LN TL was a bit vague on that front.

Maybe the manga will also show something about Rimuru's Multilayer Barrier and his Spatial Attribute interaction (when he heals Hakurou) once the TL releases. I hope Jesterly will avoid mistakes like he did with "attacking the soul" when he started off. I am worried how Jesterly will handle the name of Diablo's race once he gets there considering Jesterly already translated Myulan, a Majin, as "Demon" falling into the "everything can be translated as Demon" TL dillema.
Shoot him a PM at his Tumblr. He seems willing to listen to critique to improve.

About Imaginary space, isnt Yuuki was able to affect Rimuru's Clone in Imaginary space due to soul corridor? I mean when CIEL Realize that she immediately close soul corridor in order to prevent it affect His subordinate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back