• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@GLHF22, yeah, it was the main reason.

In chapter 236, Rimuru mentioned that Multiple Existence's weakness was Space-Time Continuous Strike. The problem is that Rimuru never mentioned it again at Yuuki as an weakness. So, either his Imaginary Space is outside space-time give him Multi-universal range or Yuuki didn't know much which is somewhat unlikely in most since he had Trump card planned for Rimuru.

Chapter 236: 『Space-Time Continuous Strike[5]』. Whether it's『Parallel Existence』or『Multiple Existence』, it seems I can deal an attack beyond the space-time with this.ÒÇì

Contextually, it looks Rimuru gave Velgrynd's Space-Time Continuous Strike when Veldora asked Rimuru.

so its not because Imaginary space is whithin space-time right? i mean yes Chrono saltation makes space-time swallowed you but its likely not affected Imaginary space as Yuuki BFRed Rimuru's clone via Soul corridor

"The Ultimate Super Space-Time Magic that forced the target to leap to space where time had ended.

The magic was formed by swallowing up all of the energy that filled the place and even the raging quakes in time.

Then, with that immeasurable energy, it took Rimuru away to the "End of Time and Space".

Even all of Rimuru's clones were completely swallowed up by the space-time continuum……

If the "Soul Corridor" wasn't closed, Rimuru's subordinates and even Velgrind might also become the target of the magic.

All kind of resistance was futile against the terrifying and compelling force of this magic."

"Even all of Rimuru's clones were completely swallowed up by the space-time continuum……"

i dont really understand the context here, the Clones stated in here is either Rimuru use clone while fighting Yuuki or his clone within imaginary space, and the fact that Imaginary space is still exist in the Void without time nor space makes me wonder

so i think its either Imaginary space is outside of time nor have its own space time

Well, Imaginary Space by standard definition have its own complex space-time.

can we make it clear, the potency of Imaginary Space so we will no have such thing like wank and makes this verse have good reputation again

its infinite 4D yes?

GLHF22 said:
can we make it clear, the potency of Imaginary Space so we will no have such thing like wank and makes this verse have good reputation again

its infinite 4D yes?
What's this about reputation? Also, not part of general topic but Anejlek who does the translations for the spinoffs translated some characyer pages from 8.5 info book that ill post later today.

GLHF22 said:

its infinite 4D yes?
A spatial ability can have Hax make it storage Infinite without the need of higher Dimensional or being infinite 4-D.

@Elizhaa

No it's not Dimensional Storage. It got too many features to be just that, like the crafting or dissolution features and Rimuru always calls it his "stomach". It's even differentiated by Milim mentioning actual Dimensional Storage space-magic (at least in the LN, not sure if it's mentioned in the WN too).

And as mentioned, the imaginary space is something mentioned in different contexts, like the Absolute Defense barrier from Uriel/Azatoth, which means it's more like some sort of Reality Warping/Space(-Time) Manipulation/Law Manipulation kind of thing.

I informed Jesterly about the translation issues via ******** message, by the way.

Something I've noticed (think I mentioned this), a majority of the Slime profiles are very bland with a lack of justification imo. I'm gonna work to find the justifications for the P&A's.

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Something I've noticed (think I mentioned this), a majority of the Slime profiles are very bland with a lack of justification imo. I'm gonna work to find the justifications for the P&A's.
Most of Powers come from the Unique Skills in skills listed in the chracters profile like from Chapter 74 and 191. Well, some skills are elaborated in other chapters.

I think adding the Skills like Unique Skill in the Notable Technique would better for justifications especially for profiles like Orc Disaster Gerudo (Web Novel) who main powers come from his unique skills.

I have been wondering about Rimuru's ability "Traveler". Aren't we shortselling it here? Time is the "4th dimension", right? then what happens if the very concept of that dimension disappears? The timeaxis of the 3D space no longer exists then, of course. Yet Rimuru is able to move through time via Traveler anyway despite the time axis itself no longer existing. He was timetraveling in such a way that the concept of time itself was affected by it, meaning Rimuru's Traveler should be on a higher level than (4th dimension) time itself.

To illustrate what I mean:

Regular time travel in Slimeverse presumably works like so: Someone "rides" on the concept of time (here: Spirit of Time) to the past and as a result everything under its effects reverts back to what it was in the "past", but the Spirit of Time itself and the timetraveler do not. They are basically moving on a 4 dimensional axis and one could argue that the Spirit of Time is by definition a Higher-Dimensional Existence (extrapolated from the fact that any Time or Space-Time abilities are 4D by default according to CP, so it makes no sense for that rule not to apply to the very concept of time itself).

But everything existing within the concept of time is what is holding it together. We know that once it's gone, "the world" ceases to function and the side-stories even imply that universes basically collapse and "return to 0" from that, which matches up with what I will mention next.

Now for the next part I need some help because I am not sure if I understood the facts of the matter entirely.

When Rimuru got BFRd to the "end of space-time", due to no further elaboration was basically ejected into the "2-A void", an infinite 4D space that contains all the Universes and Muliverses according to VS Battle presumptions about Tier 2, correct so far?

The 4 dimensions are all presumed to be "Spatial" and the 4th dimension only functions as time within the "bubbles" of 4D space, which are Universes and/or Multiverses, which matches with the bubbles made of only 3D space requiring a 4th axis in form of time to be able to exist within the 2-A void, any errors up to this point?

Now, finally the whole "infinite 2-A void", got it's OWN timeaxis which is the 5th dimension and being able to affect that is the High 2-A level, correct?

I think you can see where I am going with this. Regular timetravel that uses 4 dimensions, as I just explained, can't affect any effectively 4 dimensional existences that are the foundation of timetravel itself, since that's like carrying a box from the inside - it's fundamentally impossible. Yet Rimuru was able to reverse the "death" of time itself - meaning his "timetravel" wasn't 4 dimensional - it was 5 dimensional.

TL;DR I think Rimuru's Traveler should be considered High 2-A (5D) and I also think that it should also affect his Teleportation/Movement/Space/Time hax. and by extension Yuuki's BFR gets upgraded in some way, since it fundamentally prevents 4 dimensional timetravel by ejecting someone beyond the concept of time, making a return via 4D timetravel effectively impossible.

Well, if just one presumption I made was wrong, the entire idea probably collapses, but I think it was worth a shot to bring this up as a general idea at least.

Well damn. I was just randomly looking around the net and found something unbelievable. I can't believe Tensura Nikki (Slime Diary) got published in Germany before it got published in the US (if it ever even will). Now this makes me curious, since the German version of the LN also started publishing, how fast the release rate will be. I swear, if the German LN release manages to overtake the English LN release......

NeoSuperior said:
Well damn. I was just randomly looking around the net and found something unbelievable. I can't believe Tensura Nikki (Slime Diary) got published in Germany before it got published in the US (if it ever even will). Now this makes me curious, since the German version of the LN also started publishing, how fast the release rate will be. I swear, if the German LN release manages to overtake the English LN release......
Goddammit. Ôÿ╣´©Å

Why must we suffer like this?

Milly Rocking Bandit said:
I'd say ask CP, but he probably doesn't even want to look at the WN right now.
CP said he was willing to participated in important thread or topic regarding WN.

meanwhile in light novel , demon lord rimuru almost gets stomped to death by unique skills . multiple times pftt

@Doomrider7, I think scaling that Higher Rank monsters who can survive LN Veldora's aura which death effect can was decided to be death manipulation. There was a discussion,but I am not sure I remembered the CRT about it.

Elizhaa said:
@Doomrider7, I think scaling that Higher Rank monsters who can survive LN Veldora's aura which death effect can was decided to be death manipulation. There was a discussion,but I am not sure I remembered the CRT about it.
Yeah I read it on his profile, thanks. If you can find the crt that would be nice.

@Doomrider7
You can find it over here, in this LN vol. 7 CRT (though before that it was mentioned in a general TenSlime discussion thread. I might even be the one who brought it up for the first time but I am not sure).

EDIT: Yup, really was me who brought it up.

@Sheska444
I wouldn't be so sure. I cannot trust most of the spoilers anymore. I remember some "spoilers" (before LN vol. 7 TL was released) talking non-sense about how Rimuru supposedly did much worse against Hinata than in the LN compared to the WN in their rematch, and needed to be rescued by Ruminas or something, yet the fight was very similar to the WN version. I bet in this case the "mistake" was probably someone "spoiling" things after having read an MTL of the Chinese TL (which might have inaccuracies or mistakes by itself) and misinterpreting the comedy slapstick scene between Rimuru and Hinata at the end of the battle as "Rimuru jobbed to Hinata because he was nerfed!"

So yea, color me sceptical. Also it's no comparison anyway, Rimuru only had three fights in the WN at Demon Slime level, which are Clayman, Hinata Rematch, and Clash of the Dragons (bloodlusted). All other opportunities for Rimuru to fight just didn't happen.
Milim? Got bored earlier and didn't play along with Clayman as long as she did in the LN.
Leon? Shion does something dumb and both Rimuru and Leon lose all motivation to fight.
Yuuki? Rimuru comes over too late when Yuuki's already gone after his battle agaisnt Leon.
Chronoa? Suppressed because Yuuki got Velda's mindcontrol cheatpowers.

As you see, there is no comparison, because the fights just didn't happen in the WN, instead you skip straight from Hinata rematch to Clash of Dragons, the equivalent fight (if there ever will be one) that has yet to happen in the LN.

well , hinata doesn't have any ultimate skill right ? yet she was able to overwhelm demon lord rimuru (with his ultimate skills)

I also heard demon lord rimuru also almost got beaten to death by yukki and the gang , and they don't have any ultimate skill at all . it means surely ultimate skills are rare but it doesn't necessarily mean they all always superior than unique skills . another example just take a look at demon lord ruminas , she has ultimate skill but she's nthn compared to veldora (without any ultimate skill)

it's kinda similar to super tier magic case in overlord , for example the effect of ainz's iä shub-niggurath and fallen down (super tier magic) are arguably inferior than the goal of all life is death (not super tier magic)

Perfect Memory is stated to have memories that surpass time and space right? Isn't that 4 to 5D in resistance to mind manipulation?

Infinite Prison is stated to be an infinite Imaginary Space, and Chloe uses it as a shield. Isn't that 4D?

@Sheska444
However that wasn't much different from the WN. Actually Rimuru's situation in the WN was worse than in the LN. In both versions Hinata had the better experience since she was in the new world for a much longer time than Rimuru.

In the WN she had a better sword and better experience and eventually also gained the Hero's egg, (the Hero (Yuusha) system seems to have been reworked in the LN), after which Rimuru's precognition basically became useless, so before precog they were equal, after precog Rimuru had the advantage and after Hinata gained the hero egg she became "an absurd existence" and they were back to being equal again, but her hero egg meant that she was able to develop during battle as well, so the eventual outcome of the battle was not predictable.

In the LN on the other hand Hinata never got the Hero egg (it's unknown if that "stage" in the Hero system even exists in this version anymore), instead Hinata had her equipment that made her almost equal to an early-stage True Demon Lord like Rimuru. It's explicitly stated that Rimuru's equipment was far infoerior compared to Hinata's and Rimuru had to constantly pour Magic Aura into his sword to even be able to compete against Hinata's Sword that once belonged to a True Hero (True Yuusha). Rimuru started off at a disadvantage, actually because Hinata had an absurd magic resistence as well. Obtaining precog evened out the playing field and from the way things were going, Rimuru would eventually win simply due to being the only one who had room to improve at that point. Once Raphael got him a new skill, the comparatively stagnant Hinata would be doomed to lose the battle.

Then in both versions Rimuru (thanks to being manipulated by Raphael) "intentionally" took Melt Slash head on and absorbed it at cost of "losing" Belzbuth (only to be replaced by Belzbuth 2.0), after which he basically became immune to any of Hinata's attacks, making him the clear winner of the battle.

As for the issue of Yuuki, his Unique Skill was appearently created and designed via some sort of Skill creation skill and had the absurd ability to cancel other Skills, which seems to include Ultimate Skills somehow (sounds as "broken" as Touma's Imagine Breaker). But this is in line with the rules even for the WN. Remember? It's mostly "utility" Skills that Ultimate Skills automatically cancel out against even Unique Skills, e.g. like how Rimuru having Ultimate Skills made Hinata's Unique Skill Ursurper completely useless against him.

On the other hand 4D Unique Skills like Time Leap and "brute force" Unique Skills like Yuuki's Skill Canceler still seem to work even against Ultimate Skills.

And again, I remain sceptical about the portrayal of Yuuki's battle against Rimuru, considering how several "spoilers" about Rimuru's fight against Hinata turned out to be completely false.

@Milly Rocking Bandit
The issue is that according to CP the whole "surpasses Time and Space" phrase by itself only counts as "flowery language", though I strongly disagree considering there are several abilities that have already been shown to be 4D, like several characters being able to resist a 2-C blackhole from sucking them into a random different universe. In addition the fact that Soul Corridors are basically at least 2-C (since it can connect Rimuru to his imaginary Space self) and Space-Time Continuuous Attack and equivalent abilities were shown to be able to affect it (Veldora's True Body in Rimuru's imaginary space could be affected). Yet according to CP these can only be low-balled to "Universal range". I still don't understand his logic behind this. Everything points to it being 4D.

I talked with @DontTalkDT here and he told told me that Space-Time Manipulation could qualify as 4-D hax though are usaually treated as hax. So, generally, Space-time Hax like Causalaity Manipulation or Fate Manipulation would be 4-D scientifically. ALso, Time Leap doesn't seems super special from a 4-D standpoint, to me.

I am neutral about 4-D resistance but it is not impossible.

@Elizhaa
What about range though? Due to CP's insistence it was capped at Universal+ (originally even just Universal) for PTD key. But i think the range of Space-Time Continuous Attack should be At least Low Multiversal FRA.

And there's also the issue with Traveler. It lets Rimuru move across 3 dimensional space (he can change locations) plus the timeframe within the constraints of the concept of time (4th dimension: temporal, likely alternatively 4th dimensional spatially in the infinite 2-A void as well) and even move across the 5th dimension, i.e. the time axis of the infinite 2-A void, as well, since he was able to affect time for the 4th dimensional concept of time itself, meaning Rimuru's travel HAS TO BE of a higher dimension than that.

Based on that it can only be a 5D, or "High 2-A" hax. If not, I want an explanation about how Rimuru can reverse the death of the concept of time itself that makes sense, because we have evidently seen that he doesn't "resurrect" the concept of time, since in his conversation with Ciel it's made clear that he can't actually resurrect the concept as it was specifically even though he can create a perfect copy of the dead world.

This is a loose thread and we need people to finally address it, because it would make a huge difference and set a precedent for 4D to be not much of a special thing. It would enable Rimuru to basically paradox anyone he fights even if they had acausality, since these acausalities would likely only work on 4-dimensional level.

I think the argument against higher range are from this quote which stated Chrono Saltation affect an space-time continuum:

"The Ultimate Super Space-Time Magic that forced the target to leap to space where time had ended. The magic was formed by swallowing up all of the energy that filled the place and even the raging quakes in time. Then, with that immeasurable energy, it took Rimuru away to the "End of Time and Space". Even all of Rimuru's clones were completely swallowed up by the space-time continuum……"

Honestly, I think the space-time continuum while it prove Universal+ range doesn't entirely disprove higher range. Also, assuming Imaginary Space follows the standard definition of complex space-time. I am fine with the range's update. Otherwise, I am neutral. I think in this thread, we orginally treated Imaginary Space as another space, in the past.

I think Immeasurable speed solves the issue of Traveler. Immeasurable (Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed. For further information, see note 5 below.)

The imaginary space continuously builds up energy progressively for Turn Null regardless of fluctuations of time outside it, which means it got its own seperate timeflow, hence it should be considered as having a full Space-Time continuum, I think.

I don't think immeasurable speed is enough to cover the issue, at least not for 4D level. No matter how much Rimuru would move immeasurably at 4D level it would NOT revert the dead concept of time back to being existent, since... well, time is time itself. Even if Rimuru creates his own concept of time or goes back in time via a different universe's/multiverse's concept of time, it has no effect whatsoever on the dead Space-Time continuum of his own universe/multiverse. It's not affected by its own flow or the flow of other 4D space-time continuums. When it's "dead", then it means it ceased existing on a higher level than 4th dimensional time. The only explanation for Rimuru to be able to revert even the time of a space-time continuum's time itself is that Rimuru's movement through time was on a higher level than 4th dimensional time, which can consequently only be 5th dimensional time, meaning Rimuru can move through 5 dimensions as far as we know, 3 spatial ones and 2 temporal ones. Or perhaps alternatively 4 spatial ones and 1 temporal one if it's in the 2-A void.

Discord link with associated info from said Discord.

Permanent Discord Link: https://discord.gg/xu2hdYT

Links you should check out:

Read it at: https://********.org/manga/15553/tensei-shitara-slime-datta-ke Read Web Novel at: https://gurotranslation.blogspot.com/p/ioduction.html?m=1 Watch it at: https://www.crunchyroll.com/that-time-i-got-reincarnated-as-a-slime The Wikia: https://tensura.fandom.com/wiki/Tensei_Shitara_Slime_datta_ken_Wiki The subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/TenseiSlime/ Amino app: http://aminoapps.com/c/TenseiSlimeE Website: http://www.ten-sura.com/

Both the Wikia and Tropes page could use more love and frankly I think we can just go in there and do as we please at this point. Screw asking for permission.

Has the wiki made make up it's mind whether it wants to cover info from the LN or WN yet? Mixing them doesn't really work.

Chloe is 8 in the WN, 10 in the LN, same with Hinata being 27 in WN, 25 in LN.

Not to mention all the other plot differences, 7 celestial sages doing nothing the WN, but being masterminds orchestrating stuff in the LN.

Or Yuuki not being the big bad in the LN, there alot of differences, too many to mix actually.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Has the wiki made make up it's mind whether it wants to cover info from the LN or WN yet? Mixing them doesn't really work.

Chloe is 8 in the WN, 10 in the LN, same with Hinata being 27 in WN, 25 in LN.

Not to mention all the other plot differences, 7 celestial sages doing nothing the WN, but being masterminds orchestrating stuff in the LN.

Or Yuuki not being the big bad in the LN, there alot of differences, too many to mix actually.
I dunno. Don't think anyone spoke to them or if they just never got back to anyone. I think it should be fine if we simply just lable things properly, but I can try contacting them if you guys want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back