• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milly Rocking Bandit said:
Still a little paranoid for S2. Hope it goes well.
I get a feeling primordial noir episode is like a glimpse of season 2 . bloody , uncensored , plus awesome art animation and art direction .

I get a feeling primordial noir episode is like a glimpse of season 2 . bloody , uncensored , plus awesome art animation and art direction .

Same on both counts. Really can't wait. And I still do hope that they redo the stuff from LN's 3 and 4 along with doing justice for LN's 5 and 6.

An ancient greek philosopher once said , "Take a step back so you can take a big jump forward"

Hopefully LN vol 3 and 4 sacrifice wont be in vain so S2 can be a Masterpiece

Sheska444 said:
An ancient greek philosopher once said , "Take a step back so you can take a big jump forward"

Ehhh... Those weren't steps back so much as full on stumbles on ass since nothing in LN's 5 and 6 will make sense without the stuff from those LN's.

Sheska444 said:
True. I think these volumes weren't exactly the best or most interesting voumes and could easily be shrink down to less than 12 episodes if there are more than 24 episodes, @Sheska444.

I just remember we already near the end of volume 4, anyways, lol!

So, there is more options to no forked in the adaptation, yes, hahaha!

True. I think these volumes weren't exactly the best or most interesting voumes and could easily be shrink down to less than 12 episodes if there are more than 24 episodes, @Sheska444.

I just remember we already near the end of volume 4, anyways, lol!

So, there is more options to no forked in the adaptation, yes, hahaha!

I'd say use 6 to 8 episodes on the skipped content and expand some stuff like show the travels with the trio and the Blumund exam, Beretta's summoning, and some stuff on meeting Zegion and Apito though that could wait til the part where he takes Ramiris to Treyni and devote the rest of the episode's to LN's 5 and 6.

Ehhh... Those weren't steps back so much as full on stumbles on ass since nothing in LN's 5 and 6 will make sense without the stuff from those LN's.

for example? nah Im sure everythn is gonna be a okay , dont sweat the small details~

for example? nah Im sure everythn is gonna be a okay , dont sweat the small details~

The skipped political stuff with Eurazania, Blumund, and Dwargon is very prominent in LN6 and characters like Albis become quite important as early as LN5.

Some volumes might not be the most interesting, but it is somewhat world building so.
This. The stuff with Ellen just happening to be there to tell Rimuru about the Demon Lord stuff and knowing about his trip to human lands will make less sense unless they show his travels with them. Ditto for the more impactful meaning of Fuse going there personally to help with a vanguard of some 300 guildsmen and telling Rimuru that the king has organized an army of 2k knights to send as an assistance force which he mentally notes as a moving gesture.

Doomrider7 said:
https://********.org/chapter/663422/1

Fox Loli!
"Callion-sama. I've met with Rimuru-sama. He has this atmosphere about him like he could see right through anything and everything. But! He was so generous to me who acted very recklessly. He's a very whole-hearted person...!!"

Interesting to see the perspective of an "outsider" who meets Rimuru for the first time before he is either a Demon Lord (i.e. perfected his conealment) or in the process of a mass slaughter, escpacially that it's someone significantly weaker than him. That, as far as I am aware, has not happened yet. Foss is probably even below Gruciuth's level of power.

So what gave Foss that impression of Rimuru that "can see right through anything and everything"?
I can see three reasons that all come together into this:

1. Rimuru's own experience as a Salaryman on Earth. While he probably has less experience in terms of quantity compared to some of the older normal human officials and merchants, Satoru Mikami experienced a very wide variety of people because there are much less business-barriers in peaceful modern Japan than the feudalistic societies in the "new world" (btw, is there a name for the planet/universe/"world" or anything? Because "new world" is something I use as a placeholder but it makes me think that this is about Overlord instead). Like in a flashback Rimuru tells us about how he had plently experience of dealing with thugs and "tough guys" and that he knows how to handle this rowdy sort too, but he probably got plenty of experience with the "lawyerly" type as well.

2. Great Sage. Appraisal. Rimuru doesn't feel any shame in using Great Sage's Appraisal (or "Analyse and Assess", as it's called in the LN) on anyone he meets. He gains insight into weaknesses easily if there are any. Also Great Sage is a perfect memory base. Even the slightest seemingly trivial information is saved by Great Sage, probably including stuff like information from Rimuru using his magic sense with kilometers-wide range Great Sage probably gets a lot useful information. I wouldn't be surprised if Great Sage is secretly doing mass surveilance on everything without telling Rimuru until he "needs to know".

3. Soei's intelligence report. It felt like Rimuru seemed to know something about Foss when he looked at her. The spin off even provided the info about Rimuru likely having received thought transmission.

What she didn't know that Soei probably sent out all the most important information about her background to Rimuru and I wouldn't be surprised if Soei and Rimuru even already know that Foss is a "spy", but Carillon probably didn't intend her to do this as an actual "stealth mission", but instead wants to have an inofficial "normal beastperson" experience Tempest without the privileges that the official state-guests like Gruciuth enjoy. So Rimuru, with Great Sage's consultation, probably deduced this and so he just lets her continue her job.

"Callion-sama. I've met with Rimuru-sama. He has this atmosphere about him like he could see right through anything and everything. But! He was so generous to me who acted very recklessly. He's a very whole-hearted person...!!"

Interesting to see the perspective of an "outsider" who meets Rimuru for the first time before he is either a Demon Lord (i.e. perfected his conealment) or in the process of a mass slaughter, escpacially that it's someone significantly weaker than him. That, as far as I am aware, has not happened yet. Foss is probably even below Gruciuth's level of power.

So what gave Foss that impression of Rimuru that "can see right through anything and everything"?
I can see three reasons that all come together into this:

1. Rimuru's own experience as a Salaryman on Earth. While he probably has less experience in terms of quantity compared to some of the older normal human officials and merchants, Satoru Mikami experienced a very wide variety of people because there are much less business-barriers in peaceful modern Japan than the feudalistic societies in the "new world" (btw, is there a name for the planet/universe/"world" or anything? Because "new world" is something I use as a placeholder but it makes me think that this is about Overlord instead). Like in a flashback Rimuru tells us about how he had plently experience of dealing with thugs and "tough guys" and that he knows how to handle this rowdy sort too, but he probably got plenty of experience with the "lawyerly" type as well.

2. Great Sage. Appraisal. Rimuru doesn't feel any shame in using Great Sage's Appraisal (or "Analyse and Assess", as it's called in the LN) on anyone he meets. He gains insight into weaknesses easily if there are any. Also Great Sage is a perfect memory base. Even the slightest seemingly trivial information is saved by Great Sage, probably including stuff like information from Rimuru using his magic sense with kilometers-wide range Great Sage probably gets a lot useful information. I wouldn't be surprised if Great Sage is secretly doing mass surveilance on everything without telling Rimuru until he "needs to know".

3. Soei's intelligence report. It felt like Rimuru seemed to know something about Foss when he looked at her. The spin off even provided the info about Rimuru likely having received thought transmission.

What she didn't know that Soei probably sent out all the most important information about her background to Rimuru and I wouldn't be surprised if Soei and Rimuru even already know that Foss is a "spy", but Carillon probably didn't intend her to do this as an actual "stealth mission", but instead wants to have an inofficial "normal beastperson" experience Tempest without the privileges that the official state-guests like Gruciuth enjoy. So Rimuru, with Great Sage's consultation, probably deduced this and so he just lets her continue her job.

Those explanations make a lot of sense and yeah I could imagine her job there being as a sort of control vs the beastkin that are there as state guests and thus obviously afforded more privileges.

BTW, assuming 24-26 episodes (i.e. 2-cour) again, 1 episode should be enough for Beastman diplomacy, Dwargon 2nd visit, and Blumund each, maybe Blumund 2 episodes to include Rimuru's interaction with Ellen's party properly since that one scene where Rimuru ponders lifespans and immortality was rather powerful in the manga version and also to a lesser extent in the LN.

Ideally: Episode 1 - Opens with LN4 epilogue where Rimuru "dies" followed by an evil, evil cliffhanger. Episode might be long enough to "jump back in time". And show what happened previously, with Episodes 2-5 covering the left-over parts of vol. 4.

Alternatively: Re-order events in anime. Hinata was only "scouting" in S1-EP23 and prepares an ambush for a later time. Episode 1 Rimuru returns to Tempest, deals with Beastmen and Dwargon during Episodes 1-2, then in Episode 3 Rimuru decides that having an identity as an adventurer could be useful and that he didn't really have time for that when he was taking care of the kids in Ingraccia. Next 3 episodes, i.e. Episodes 3-5 are about Rimuru's Blumund arc (his fight against the Lesser Daemon would have to be adjusted because Rimuru would already be informed about how Daemons function, probably from information in Ingraccia HQ library) and then he goes to Ingraccia again to rank up from Rank B to Rank B+ as he did in the LN, while stopping by to visit the kids. But this time when he returns, Hinata's ambush happens and episode 5 ends like LN vol. 4 epilogue. At this point the anime is back to following the LN flow of events.

Who knows if they will even go back to skipped stuff, they should, but will they?

Slime has 10 million manga copies out, who wants to guess what rank it will be for the year, i say top 5, since it was #9 last year and the anime definetly boosted it.

I will never forgive S1 ending without Hinata threatening to destroy Tempest, then it ending on a cliffhanger.
why ?

we all know how nasty cliffhanger ending is , so many ppl will get super angry about it u know .

I think as long as S2 is confirmed (which is yes) , S1 ending was pretty good

Celestial Pegasus said:
Who knows if they will even go back to skipped stuff, they should, but will they?
Slime has 10 million manga copies out, who wants to guess what rank it will be for the year, i say top 5, since it was #9 last year and the anime definetly boosted it.
I'm betting top 3

Attack on titan have any manga volumes out this year? With the anime out would think it would be #2, behind one piece.

Tensei being top 3 seems a bit high though, idk if will do that good.

It has too.

Unrelated note, it is rather refreshing to talk and something other than the feats of the characters. Following up with that note, I hope the vampire race gets expanded on.

Nope, but this is surprising, the manga sells well but this is on another level.

Now i am seriously wondering why it's so popular, this is very unusual for a LN adaptation.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Nope, but this is surprising, the manga sells well but this is on another level.

Now i am seriously wondering why it's so popular, this is very unusual for a LN adaptation.
because there's a slime in it

It has too.

Unrelated note, it is rather refreshing to talk and something other than the feats of the characters. Following up with that note, I hope the vampire race gets expanded on.
yea , I feel sorry for ruminas sometimes.. she's like avatar the last air bender . the angel should get exapanded too , itd be really nice to see primordial angels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back