• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tatsumaki vs Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mewtwo
Tatsumaki TheArcosian Render

Round 1: Without mega-evolution

Round 2: With mega Y or X

Edit:

-Neither Shadow-Mewtwo or Mistery Dungeon will be considered.

-The manga feats can be taked into account

Round 1: Tatsumaki wins.She is many times more powerful than base Mewtwo + faster

Round 2: Is spite ,with Mewtwo being thousands of times stronger than her.

And yes i'm thinking about shadow mewtwo ,anyway according to his profile mega x and y are island level while tatsumaki is Large island level

Tatsumaki's weakness is someone with strong willpower, something that Mewtwo has demonstrated in the series when Giovanni was torturing him.

Non-Bias said:
Tatsumaki's weakness is someone with strong willpower, something that Mewtwo has demonstrated in the series when Giovanni was torturing him.
You act like ANYONE with strong willpower >>> Tatsumaki. The worst showings she's had are failing to kill Saitama (who's way stronger than her), failing to kill Garou (who's stronger than her and she was weakened), and failing to kill Golden Sperm, who was also on a similar level of power and she was suffering from brain damage.

Not anyone, but unless Mewtwo isn't composite he has Psychic type moves that can strengthen his power (Calm Mind) and he has barriers he can use to repel her attacks. Meanwhile, does Tatsumaki have feats of mentally controlling someone or resistance towards it? I can't remember which is why I'm asking.

Not mentally controlling. She doesn't usually do that. She has resisted it from characters such as Fubuki and Psykos, even overpowering Fubuki's technique that was specifically meant to disperse her attacks. In fact, the only reason she was weakened during the Monster Association fight was due to Psykos getting the jump on her in the exact moment her defenses were down, temporarily weakening her. Even then, she was able to keep fighting after taking a few seconds to recover.

Then I don't see how a winner can be decided. Mewtwo apparently has the lower base stats, but he has the techniques that can easily turn that around to his favor.

Trick Room switches speed stats and Power Swap changes around stats (AP).

I suppose Tatsumaki wins if she could do some form of force crush, but Mewtwo also has barriers he can use to protect himself so I don't know what to think about this match anymore lol.

TripleX6 said:
To be fair, what exactly is canon in Pokemon?
The main set of universes in which people aren't pokemon?

Mystery Dungeon may as well be connected to the regular multiverse, but it certainly isn't the same Mewtwo.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
TripleX6 said:
To be fair, what exactly is canon in Pokemon?
The main set of universes in which people aren't pokemon?
Mystery Dungeon may as well be connected to the regular multiverse, but it certainly isn't the same Mewtwo.
But Mewtwo is Mewtwo at the end of the day they are species of animal, the only one who should differ in power is shadow Mewtwo.

Is pokemon arena even canon to what pokemon can do from the other games? (besides mystery dungeon, where pokemon are far more sentient and smart)

TripleX6 said:
But Mewtwo is Mewtwo at the end of the day they are species of animal, the only one who should differ in power is shadow Mewtwo.
Mewtwo's not a species. He's pretty uniquely genetically engineered (or at least, he was). Two Mewtwo from different universes with vastly different showings don't share feats.

TripleX6 said:
but how did Mewtwo get made by humans in universe with no humans?....
Hence why they're not the same Mewtwo, which is my point. Main universe Mewtwo is a genitically engineered artificial pokemon, whereas we have no idea if that's the case in SMD.

TripleX6 said:
but how did Mewtwo get made by humans in universe with no humans?....
Hence why they're not the same Mewtwo, which is my point. Main universe Mewtwo is a genitically engineered artificial pokemon, whereas we have no idea if that's the case in SMD.
Then what is the case? did pokemon make Mewtwo in SMD?

Maybe they did, or maybe Mewtwo is just...there. That's the point. Due to the absence of humans, it's very clearly not the same as regular Mewtwo, who was explicitly made by humans.

Talonmask said:
@Azza Isn't the manga considered canon though?
I don't know? I think it's more of a secondary canon.
Should it not be accounted for then? I mean, it's closer to the main universe than most of the other game adaptations such as Mystery Dungeon and the anime because it uses the canon trainers from the main timeline of games.

Talonmask said:
Talonmask said:
@Azza Isn't the manga considered canon though?
I don't know? I think it's more of a secondary canon.
Should it not be accounted for then? I mean, it's closer to the main universe than most of the other game adaptations such as Mystery Dungeon and the anime because it uses the canon trainers from the main timeline of games.
it's counted due to the multiverse theory from ORAS.

So, there's any veredict yet?

Should I specify in the first post that Mistery Dungeon Mewtwo will not be considered?

Shade45 said:
Should I specify in the first post that Mistery Dungeon Mewtwo will not be considerated?
Doubt that will be necessary, but you can if you want to.

Mewtwo has recovery and durability enhancers such as Calm Mind and Barrier, and Trick Room to make it the faster fighter. Tatsumaki has the higher AP though. (Though that won't be a factor if by chance Mewtwo recieves a buff.)

My bet's on Mewtwo right now.

Shade45 said:
Should I specify in the first post that Mistery Dungeon Mewtwo will not be considerated?

Personally. If we are taking the normal versions of both characters my vote will be on Tatsumaki. She simply has higher AP, and even if Mewtwo buff himself just having strong will wouldn't allow him to pass Tatsumaki's defense.

If we lowball Mewtwo's potency to that of the legendary bird's 1.38 Gigatons (High 7-A) and take into account that buffs in Pokemon are supposed to enchance said user's capabilities, the maximum Mewtwo can reach by Calm Mind is 5.52 Gigatons (6-C) because Pokemon can quadruple their stats through such moves.

This still leaves Tatsumaki at a Higher AP, of course, but I guess it gives a sense of what Mewtwo can be capable of on his own?

Pokémon Trainer Jacob said:
Mewtwo is Star Level, Mewtwo has this fight.
That's like saying Naruto is planet level when he's actually small planet. Mewtwo is Dwarf Star Level, an entirely different ball game and even then it's not to be considered in this match up. Read the OP.

Pokémon Trainer Jacob said:
I saw and realized my mistake, forgot to edit it. Dwarf Star Level is still > Large Island Level. Mewtwo is also Faster by a LOT. Mewtwo still takes this fight.
^Completely missed the point.

How can Tatsumaki do anything when Mewtwo uses Gravity? The same Psychic move that affected a weakened Arceus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back