• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tatsumaki vs Mewtwo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aparajita said:
How can Tatsumaki do anything when Mewtwo uses Gravity? The same Psychic move that affected a weakened Arceus?
When did this ever happen? When did Mewtwo ever use this? So many questions right now...

I don't recall mewtwo having gravity manipulation either. then again i haven't played the newest pokemon games.

Round 1 he's too slow to matter, round two, however, he wins easily. With Speed Equalized, Mewtwo wins both rounds easily.

Gravity also making flying pokemon (or levitating ones, etc), from flying.

Mewtwo can use Power Swap to swap his AP with hers if he chooses to do so. In round two (or SE) he's fast enough to easily land this if he needed to.

In the first round, Mewtwo can also use Trick Room to make himself faster than Tat.

Via intelligence and versatility, i give it to Mewtwo.

Aparajita said:
Round 1 he's too slow to matter, round two, however, he wins easily. With Speed Equalized, Mewtwo wins both rounds easily.
Gravity also making flying pokemon (or levitating ones, etc), from flying.

Mewtwo can use Power Swap to swap his AP with hers if he chooses to do so. In round two (or SE) he's fast enough to easily land this if he needed to.

In the first round, Mewtwo can also use Trick Room to make himself faster than Tat.

Via intelligence and versatility, i give it to Mewtwo.
Okay, so this is a misinterpretation of Power Swap. Power Swap does not switch your attack/special attack stat with your opponent's. It switches the boosts you have attained through moves like Calm Mind and Swords Dance. Since we aren't talking about, say, Goku, this doesn't matter.

Trick Room is one of the highest negative priority moves. You sacrifice one turn to be able to use trick room in game, so it is basically opening himself up to an attack by Tatsumi. Furthermore, it's a psychic type move. What's to say Tatsumaki doesn't just reverse it? She's done similar things before.

Okay, so this is a misinterpretation of Power Swap. Power Swap does not switch your attack/special attack stat with your opponent's. It switches the boosts you have attained through moves like Calm Mind and Swords Dance. Since we aren't talking about, say, Goku, this doesn't matter.

Trick Room is one of the highest negative priority moves. You sacrifice one turn to be able to use trick room in game, so it is basically opening himself up to an attack by Tatsumi. Furthermore, it's a psychic type move. What's to say Tatsumaki doesn't just reverse it? She's done similar things before.

Ok, I'm going to explain why Mewtwo wins, even if he isn't PMD Mewtwo. Mewtwo is Small Planet Level in Attack Power and Durability, Tatsumaki is only Large Island Level in Attack Power and Durability. Mewtwo is Mach 12404 in Speed, Tatsumaki is only Mach 3638 in Speed. Mewtwo even has Higher Stamina. Mewtwo is Superior in every way! Mewtwo wins by Landslide.

Pokémon Trainer Jacob said:
Ok, I'm going to explain why Mewtwo wins, even if he isn't PMD Mewtwo. Mewtwo is Small Planet Level in Attack Power and Durability, Tatsumaki is only Large Island Level in Attack Power and Durability. Mewtwo is Mach 12404 in Speed, Tatsumaki is only Mach 3638 in Speed. Mewtwo even has Higher Stamina. Mewtwo is Superior in every way! Mewtwo wins by Landslide.
You have failed to actually read the conditions of the battle.

The way I see both rounds of the fight going is Mewtwo uses Trick Room to switch there speed, then uses Toxic, if we're allowing TMs to be used, then alternate between using protect and recover while he waits for toxic to kill her off.

1. There is no anime mewtwo profile on this site, most likely because...

2. Pokemon scaling is ridiculous. Where are the feats? If you are scaling to a legendary fight, that isn't accepted on this site. Check the pokemon page.

Ok Alakabamm, so no Anime Mewtwo, hmm, I thought the Planet One was Anime Mewtwo. Well I'm wrong. But The Island Level Mewtwo we are using still wins because while it's inferior Attack Potency and Durability, it's superior in every thing else. Mewtwo Blitzes in both rounds.

So, we agree Mewtwo Speed Blitzes both rounds or is there still disagreement?
Mewtwo's best recorded feat outside of Shadow Mewtwo/Mystery Dungeon is High Hypersonic, which is something like 800x less than Tatsumaki's best feat.

Even if we go by manga sources, Tatsumaki is still faster because she can keep up with Golden Sperm (WoG), who is capable of blitzing atomic samurai (who is high hypersonic minimum).

Also, if we are suddenly going by Anime rules, that's fine for me....but the largest Trick Room ever shown in the anime is building size. Tatsumaki can easily leave the trick room within a split second.

Alakabamm said:
So, we agree Mewtwo Speed Blitzes both rounds or is there still disagreement?
Mewtwo's best recorded feat outside of Shadow Mewtwo/Mystery Dungeon is High Hypersonic, which is something like 800x less than Tatsumaki's best feat.
Even if we go by manga sources, Tatsumaki is still faster because she can keep up with Golden Sperm (WoG), who is capable of blitzing atomic samurai (who is high hypersonic minimum).

Also, if we are suddenly going by Anime rules, that's fine for me....but the largest Trick Room ever shown in the anime is building size. Tatsumaki can easily leave the trick room within a split second.
If we go by manga, Mewtwo should be Sub-Relativistic for being able to fight Deoxys, which makes Tornado's speed laughable.

The Deoxys you are referring to is scaled to Mega Rayquaza, who is scaled to Primal Groudon, who has game feats. Hence, you are talking about game Deoxys. You can't scale a manga battle off of game feats. The page on Pokemon on this wiki says as much as well.

Hence, no, Mewtwo is not sub-rel. It is also not Moon level.

Alakabamm said:
The Deoxys you are referring to is scaled to Mega Rayquaza, who is scaled to Primal Groudon, who has game feats. Hence, you are talking about game Deoxys. You can't scale a manga battle off of game feats. The page on Pokemon on this wiki says as much as well.
Hence, no, Mewtwo is not sub-rel. It is also not Moon level.
Wouldn't Multiverse theory break that barrier, and didn't ORAS confirm Pokemon Multiverse?

How would a multiverse change power scaling based on different universes? Also, I'm not quite sure if the anime confirmed a multiverse, but if you mean the game, Hoopa=/=multiverse by any means.

Alakabamm said:
How would a multiverse change power scaling based on different universes? Also, I'm not quite sure if the anime confirmed a multiverse, but if you mean the game, Hoopa=/=multiverse by any means.
Pretty sure it was Zinnia's statement that confirmed Multiverse, not Hoopa.

I'm not implying that it would change the power scaling of different universes, I'm simply questioning whether or not a creature that is in two seperate universes should be roughly the same to each other since there is not defined difference between the two.

Mewtwo.

But it seems iconic enough to be put on her page. (She has NONE)

Even if it is a spite, i would love to see it in her profile.

We still have Sol vs Ragna around, right?

Talonmask said:
Alakabamm said:
Pretty sure it was Zinnia's statement that confirmed Multiverse, not Hoopa.
I'm not implying that it would change the power scaling of different universes, I'm simply questioning whether or not a creature that is in two seperate universes should be roughly the same to each other since there is not defined difference between the two.
There is no reason to assume that parallel worlds have anything in common with each other, even if the creatures are roughly the same.

Yeah, y'know, nothing in common.

Besides sharing the exact characteristics of each other, same abilities, etc.

Mewtwo is the same in both universes, the only difference is the fact that they are in seperate universes.

But that's wrong. Look at his origin story from the movie and compare it to the first game's origin story.

Alakabamm said:
But that's wrong. Look at his origin story from the movie and compare it to the first game's origin story.
I'm not talking about the movie? The movie's and the game's are similar, by the way.

So no? That's not wrong?

The manga and the game's then. It really doesn't matter. Just a single difference is enough to make powerscaling between alternate universes something that shouldn't be done, especially in an inconsistent game based series like Pokemon.

Alakabamm said:
The manga and the game's then. It really doesn't matter. Just a single difference is enough to make powerscaling between alternate universes something that shouldn't be done, especially in an inconsistent game based series like Pokemon.
The problem is that the manga is the closest canon to the actual games, because it has the same protagonists in it.

The only time power-scaling should be considered an outlier is when it's Average Pokemon to Legendaries/Average Legendaries to Creation Trio and Arceus.

"The only time power-scaling should be considered an outlier is when it's Average Pokemon to Legendaries/Average Legendaries to Creation Trio and Arceus." Well then start a thread in the content revision section because that is not the rule of this wiki. Even battles between legendaries are fiercely out of order, especially considering the new Hoopa movie.

The manga does NOT have the same protagonists in it. That's a misconception. The manga is the anime version of the game if Satoshi had gotten his way. There are many things different in it and it also seems to scale time differently than what is seen between games.

OK, so now I am annoyed. Not only can you not read the profile - which says the Sub-rel calc (mach 12404) is for Shadow Mewtwo - but you are too lazy to even click the link and make sure the calc looks right before arguing. Really...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back