• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Tourney round 3 (Brook vs Izawa)

As his opponent was carried to the infirmary Alm began to trudge back to the locker room but as soon as he turned around he saw..... A skeleton? He gripped his sword and faced the skeletal visage who immediately jumped back and inquired "Didn't your round just end my boy, why are you pointing that at me!?" "You are a contestant?" The young man asked with a look of shock besmirching his face "Sorry about that." "Of course child, why else would I be here?" The skeleton explained as he continued to flop around to the center of the arena, humming a joyful tune.

As this was happening a "young" woman strutted on to the arena but instead of a challenger, she was met with a man wearing a suit "I am sorry to bother you but put this on." He sharply told her as he handed her a glowing patch "This will keep that monster of yours from getting out." She did as she was told and applies the patch as she wandered out to the battlefield.

Shizue Izawa (Light Novel) be Brook Speed equalized if needed and Ifrit restricted. First key Shizue. Fight starts 25 meters away.

Brook has Sleep Inducement which I'm sure take some time but not a long a period.

His AP I think scales to 35.411 Kilotons.

Now that I look on slime AP, their tier comes just from statements and feats without calculation or I don't know where to look on the verse since on its page there no Calculation category. Milly should know better.

The 7-C slime characters are only baseline and its important to note that she has resist melee which gives her resistance to physical damage. Not fully negate tho just resistance.

I just updated her page and Shizue's resistance to Sleep Manip comes from resisting the Coercion which one of its effect is to faint opponents so Brooks Sleep Manip will still work I think (not sure)

Hmmm so, from what I see so far, Brook have the AP advantage and overall pretty decent win con, is that right?

I doubt he would even be able to use the sleep as it requires him to play an instrument.

Note that Brook has a +. That's because he somewhat clashed with Zombie Ryuma albeit being considerably inferior to him, while Zoro outclassed Ryuma. That and the scaling to a Pacifista and Oars.

He's very high end 7-C, actually. The difference is one-shot worthy regardless of resistances.

I don't remember how strong Shizue's fire magic is but I should assume baseline I think.

She has Magic Sense which gives her 360 degrees vision + observe magic particles such as light, sound and such to get an idea of the world beyond your senses. There's no blind spot to slip through either because all of the information is being perceived at all times all at once without focusing on any specfic part of it.

Combined with Decades of battle experience, she should have the skill advantage. I think that makes up from the disadvantage in AP

Yes, even assuming she's more skilled, the gap shouldn't be too big as Brook has years of experience as well.

That gap nulls any skill gap below the Yujiro style of difference, and she has no hax to even the odds.

Well Shizue IC move in this key should be her coating her sword with flame then rush the opponent + she can spam the fire and explosion magic she has and that's about it.

Fire and heat in general is treated as AP. So she has fire on her tier, aka baseline.

Brook AP stomps.

Shizue should have the AOE and Range advantage including the Magic sense which would help here a lot in this fight while Brook has the AP and Durability advantage + him being a skeleton making him more resistent to attack as he lacks organs.He also has the sleep inducement if he somehow make it works. I don't remember but does he need to breath (I know he lacks the organs but in One Piece everything is possible)? If he doesn't then he can just dash through her fire attacks as the lack of air will not halt him.

Brook's natural functions are usually referred to as gags. It's uncertain whether he needs air or not as he doesn't have lungs, but can fall asleep by sleep gas.

Anyway, none of Shizue's attacks would dent him.

That would mke her one-shot. And if this is a tournament, you'll have to unrestrict Ifrit for every matchup, making a 7-A fight a bunch of 7-Cs.

So no.

Brook stomps.

Well unrestricting Ifrit will turn her into 7-A.

You can use Shizue's last key 7-C which is her peak. Her AP there is highly above baseline but I don't know if that will make a difference

The Calaca said:
That would mke her one-shot. And if this is a tournament, you'll have to unrestrict Ifrit for every matchup, making a 7-A fight a bunch of 7-Cs.

So no.

Brook stomps.
Wait, why would I have to unrestrict it every time? That doesn't even make sense. Brook moves on though anyway.

Depends on how good her physical resistance is. If it is enough to overcome the massive AP difference then maybe incon. Also I better idea for what to do for inconclusives instead of just flipping a coin but first we should see if it is incon.

Well 1-hit (or 2 hits, depending on Shizue's resistance to physical damage ) from Brook is gonna kill Shizu due to the AP gap. Shizue can dodge frequently due to Magic Sense + Battle Experience, but it will not last long considering Brook has the Stamina advantage I must say

Because that'd be unfair for the other contestants. Giving her Mountain stats for a Town brcket ias the definition of unfair when the rest can't do that.

Yeah that is fair, I thought that you partially meant that changing keys to avoid stomps was going to cause issues but the 7-A stuff might lead to a bad example, other characters have restricted higher tier attacks and it would be better to not waste time arguing if they are legal.

Back