• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online Speed Downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently on work after sleep so too busy to debate.
1. Because the Underworld is a "simulation" that why i always ask are there actual stars??? and the palm sized star thing created by people wish is just make matter more confusing. To clarify, i while i'm not invest much in the series i did read it and watch anime, just not too invested.
2. What next is the shockwave, i can't find anything related to the shockwave reach interplanet to interstellar distance, the only source for this claim was a girl who name i forgot claim that: feel like the universe is shaking. But the problem with this claim is all of residents of the "simulation" is unreliable when it come to cosmic knowledge, they even think 2 planets Cardina and Admina whatever it name is is stars while actually they are just planet. The only peoples that could atleast semi-reliable when it come to universe is Kirito because he is a modern world student that could probably have learned it at school but he made no comment on it, and i don't remember if there is a scene reveal the travel distance of the shockwave

Why use a false calculation, when we are getting the correct distance in the next volume? Thats just asking for misinformation to be put up.

Just wait until v26 and have an actual correct distance info with a solid source.

I only think new information should be waited on if it's in the process of being translated, or if it's a franchise that's being released serially.

You yourself have said that the next book that should have this info doesn't even have an announced release date. It could come out late this year or even next year. With such a long wait, I'd rather take a step towards accuracy of assuming a distance.

Agree with agnaa we should probably use speezenator's calc for the time being
And when the volume drops then We'll revise the calc

You see, that is exactly why the text I have just written was so long, to explicitly elaborate on how Content Creation works under Cardinal System. If you want a shorter explanation, Reki Kawahara's statements should suffice.

He is stating the current largest size of Underworld (Underworld always refers to the entire simulation, Project Alicization itself) consists of Solus, and Cardina & Admina circling around it.

The exact translation would be:

He explicitly states the stars in the distance do not actually exist for the time being.

Edit:
Reki's direct mention of the sky being the same as our current Underworld games, a Skybox:

Exact translation would be:

He also casually mentions Cardina and Admina are closer together than Earth and Mars are and the exact distance would be revealed in the next volume. It currently does not have a release date, as his current focus has been Progressive 7 & 8, Rhapsody of the Red Blaze. We may get it in December 2021, but given his schedule with 2 back to back Progressive volumes and now work on the upcoming Progressive movie, it may be sometime next year instead.

This makes sense to me. If the planets are said to be closer than Earth and Mars, we can't use a highballed distance. The next reference to be used is Earth and Moon, and adding an "At least" and "likely higher" with it. Either that, or just leave it at unknown or whatever the speed is up to that point until we get more information.

Agreed with Agnaa, when that new volume comes out we have our speed calc ripe and perfect, until then as assumption has to be made much as I dislike making assumptions.

But the Abyssal Horror had ultimately avoided destruction after being reduced to thousands of fragments, finally escaped to the edges of the universe, healed its wounds, and attacked the route once more.
What about this?

If the speed calc was casual it may not be an outlier
Can you clarify a bit more about what you are saying?
Pepehaps.png

Again, could you prove the size of the "simulation" is actual size of the universe. And don't just use the logic that we standardly assume it is universe in size
We already went over this before when you asked this question. Why are you bringing this up again? Do you srsly think I'm that much of an idiot?

We already went over this before when you asked this question. Why are you bringing this up again? Do you srsly think I'm that much of an idiot?
This is not the answer, you bring up the universe thing so what i want is the clarification. I don't insult you or anything else, and if you intpreting that way, then i'm sorry for make you think that way

This is not the answer, you bring up the universe thing so what i want is the clarification. I don't insult you or anything else, and if you intpreting that way, then i'm sorry for make you think that way
Again. Kirito zoomed out and exhaled and then compared the Underworld to the Milky Way meaning it's likely galaxy-sized.

Again. Kirito zoomed out and exhaled and then compared the Underworld to the Milky Way meaning it's likely galaxy-sized.
Do you mean this quote?
Stars of breathtaking density stretched in a band from top right to the bottom left of my vision. I suppose you could call it the Milky Way, but no matter how I lined up the potently glowing stars, I could not recognize a single familiar constellation from the real world.
Isn't that just describing the constellations in the sky, which other reliable statements demonstrate as not real?

If this is what you're referring to, it's far from comparing the Underworld to the Milky Way in any way that matters for the size of the realm.

At first i also believe the galaxy sized thing. But problem arose when gamerturk point out that the star in the sky is just skybox, some kind of "painting on the roof" to create the feeling of star in the sky which result in the "Milky Way" is another "painting on the roof" to create the feeling of universe/galaxy, also to be honest, reading back Kirito's line i feel loke it is just flowery language to describe the sky, no sciencific evidence involve

Since @DMUA is a knowledgeable member, I am pinging him too.

original post, original poster

Well I mean I'm pretty sure OP just refers to the latter and I just made a blunder but whatever point is Sub Rel I think is fine

I agreed with the downgrades and Mark proceeded to never make them

also yeah the OP is fine
Way OP's wrong actually .
The actual calc is Distance from Earth to Mars for now (until we get an official distance).
The distance from Earth to Mars is 312.01 million km
Divide that by 3 hours
312.01 million km/3 hours = 104.003 million km/hr
Everyone seems to agree with this as well.

That doesn't really make much of a difference but okay they're still in Sub-Rel range

Way OP's wrong actually .
The actual calc is Distance from Earth to Mars for now (until we get an official distance).
The distance from Earth to Mars is 312.01 million km
Divide that by 3 hours
312.01 million km/3 hours = 104.003 million km/hr
Everyone seems to agree with this as well.
Well there you go, we're in agreement, now someone PLEASE just adjust the page and end this CRT already PLEASE.

Wait wait wait stop, why is the difference from Earth to Mars being used when we have an author statement that the distance is much closer? Gamerturk explains that here.

Until we find out the actual distance, I think a better estimation is the distance from Earth to the Moon, which you could probably chuck an "At least" on. AKM agreed with doing this.

You should make a blog of that calc so that it can be linked to the page. Also, I take a slight issue with assuming the distance between Earth and Mars when it is stated that the distance is less.

And Agnaa ninja'd me as I was typing this post. 🔨

Dude that literally makes 0 sense.
Makes sense to me. We know that it's closer than the closest planet, and the only massive object that's closer than that would be the Moon, so we'd do our estimate with that, give an "At least {rating}, likely higher", and call it a day until we get more info.

The only other reasonable alternative would be giving Unknown speed until then.

Makes sense to me. We know that it's closer than the closest planet, and the only massive object that's closer than that would be the Moon, so we'd do our estimate with that
Actually no
Underworld was shown multiple times in anime.And if i remember there was no moon.If the planet was this close it should have been visible

Actually no
Underworld was shown multiple times in anime.And if i remember there was no moon.If the planet was this close it should have been visible
If we're ruling out it being that close, I think all we can do is give an Unknown rating until we get better info.

Makes sense to me. We know that it's closer than the closest planet, and the only massive object that's closer than that would be the Moon, so we'd do our estimate with that, give an "At least {rating}, likely higher", and call it a day until we get more info.

The only other reasonable alternative would be giving Unknown speed until then.
dude using the moon distance implies that Admina's orbiting around Cardina and not the sun. Name ANY 2 planets in our Solar System that are that close to each other. The closest you get is Mercury and Venus which are 31 million km from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back