• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online Speed Downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll just begin by saying the speed of the mechadragons are not FTL. The journey from Caldina to Admina takes three hours and it is NOT ten minutes. The ten minutes statement is from when the mechadragons took off from Caldina NOT that they came back or are going to Admina. Which would mean that the Abyssal Horror, Star King Kirito and Star Queen Asuna should be around Sub-Relativistic and NOT FTL.

Link to three hour journey.

Calculations:

If we assume that the distance from Caldina and Admina are the same as Earth and Mercury. Mercury is about 156.79 million km. (The numbers vary depending on what source you use.)

Link to the distance from Earth to Mercury that I used.

If we use the speed formula:

S = D/T

S = 156.79 million km divided by three hours.

If we calculate this then the speed would be 52,263,333 km per hour or Mach 42,325.342566 which is Sub-Relativistic.

If you use the bigger number of the link of the distance from Earth to Mercury which is 158,183,852 kilometers.

If we use the speed formula:

S = 158,183,852 kilometers divided by three hours.

If we calculate this then the speed would be 52,727,950.6667 km per hour or Mach 42,701.61213694867 which is still Sub-Relativistic.

However if we assume that the distance of Caldina and Admina are the same as Earth and Mars. The minimum distance from Earth to Mars is about 33.9 million miles (54.6 million kilometers) which is shorter than the distance of Earth and Mercury. (The numbers vary depending on what source you use.)

Link to the distance from Earth to Mars that I used.

Then we use the speed formula:

S = 54.6 million kilometers divided by three hours.

If we calculate this then the speed would be 18,200,000 km per hour or Mach 14739.229025 which is still Sub-Relativistic.

If you use the bigger number in the link that I sent for Earth and Mars then the current distance would be 311.44 million km.

Then we use the speed formula:

S = 311.44 million km divided by three hours.

The speed now would be 103,813,333.333 km per hour or Mach 84072.99427681268 which is Sub-Relativistic+.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

By this logic the Abyssal Horror and Star King Kirito and Star Queen Asuna should also be around Sub-Relativistic and not FTL.

If you disagree please show calculations and send links or pictures of the sources that you will use in your argument and not just disagree without any proof. If you claim that you read something in a translation or fan translation please send the links otherwise they will be invalid.

Links:

Link to the SAO translation that I used. Go to page 336. You'll see the statement about the three hour journey in the first few stanzas.

Username: sao
Password: Alicization

Note:
Sorry if I couldn't send any pictures for some reason it wouldn't let me so I just links to the sources that I used instead. If there are any issues with the links please let me know.

Last edited:
Following, i have been wondering this for a long time, need a clear answer for this
It's because multiple people (not gonna say who.) keep denying it. They see the ten minutes statement and immediately forget the three hour journey statement.

Calc looks good.Following for now.Sao main supporter should wake up after some time.I shall take decisions after his argument i guess

Bruh, what's with this?
Screenshot_2021-05-07-20-43-07-73.jpg

Calc looks good.Following for now.Sao main supporter should wake up after some time.I shall take decisions after his argument i guess
Well I'm going to bed since it's nearly midnight where I'm at, so I'll check this in the morning.

It can still continue, the OP isn't necessary for it to be accepted, though I'm not familiar with the LN so I can't comment on the topic.

The calc looks fine though assuming it did actually take 3 hours and not 10 minutes.

Regardless, it was funny how Rule and Violence Report was even a debate to begin with. He made fun of himself. I’m just laughing about it.

Last edited:
Yeah, just because he got banned doesn't mean we can't debate this. Not like he was adding much to this anyway.

I believe we can upgrade Kirito's speed instead of downgrading his speed:
The innumerable stars reflected in Steeka’s widened eyes shook like ripples on water. Next moment, a shockwave roared past her and rumbled the mechadragon’s enormous body.
Steeka banked the mechadragon left while pulling hard on the control stick. Long white flame shot from the flight control thruster exhaust and her body was shoved into the seat with suffocating weight. The stars on the imagepanel drew long arcs and slid away to the lower right.
Stars of breathtaking density stretched in a band from top right to the bottom left of my vision. I suppose you could call it the Milky Way, but no matter how I lined up the potently glowing stars, I could not recognize a single familiar constellation from the real world.
Both were agape at the sky of stars with no boundary.
We have a lot of scans showing there are stars in the universe, therefore we should use the nearest star system: Alpha Centauri
Distance from Earth to Alpha Centauri is 4.367 Light-Years. Since this is Light-Years, no matter which ends we use here, the result will be Massively FTL+.

i will return later cause the need to sleep, those point you post need to be address

Also debunk the point in OP first before we goes further

Different feat or the same feat using a different distance?

If it's the former then it needs a separate CRT, if it's the latter then I'm not knowledgeable enough about the LN to say.

We have a lot of scans showing there are stars in the universe, therefore we should use the nearest star system: Alpha Centauri
Distance from Earth to Alpha Centauri is 4.367 Light-Years. Since this is Light-Years, no matter which ends we use here, the result will be Massively FTL+.
Do you have scans of the Japanese version of the panels that implied to be stars? I'd like to have the translation checked if we're lucky.

Different feat. Also, why would it need a different CRT? We're already talking about speed, so it's on topic.
Because this CRT has nothing to do with that feat? This isn't a SAO general speed CRT.

If you agree that the OP is correct then their speed ratings should be changed to Sub-Relativistic and a new calc/CRT should be made for the other feat.

Because this CRT has nothing to do with that feat? This isn't a SAO general speed CRT.
If you agree that the OP is correct then their speed ratings should be changed to Sub-Relativistic and a new calc/CRT should be made for the other feat.
I really don't see the reason it needs another CRT? It changes nothing whatever we discuss it here or not.

I really don't see the reason it needs another CRT? It changes nothing whatever we discuss it here or not.
As I said, that feat has nothing to do with this thread.

We stick to the topic of the OP in a CRT, not make it a general verse CRT, that's called derailing.

Alright before i goes to sleep
1. Did it is truly a star, iirc the star was palm sized created through underworld residence wish, we need a proof of it to be an actual star
2. Nothing Problemexe post have feat of the shockwave travel interstellar distance, so until there is a feat of it truly travel that distance, the speed is not legit

1. Did it is truly a star, iirc the star was palm sized created through underworld residence wish, we need a proof of it to be an actual star
Dude, you're doubting a star in space being a star? Seriously? Also, the things created by the people of Underworld are a completely different scene that happens much earlier, so you're just mixing up completely unrelated things.

Dude, you're doubting a star in space being a star? Seriously? Also, the things created by the people of Underworld are a completely different scene that happens much earlier, so you're just mixing up completely unrelated things.
So can you bring me the scan which could differentiate the actual star with the palm sized star

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back