• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Swain takes on a Quincy

Jericho swain vs Uryu

swain is baseline, uryu is 13 kt I believe?(someone correct me if I am wrong)

SBA

speed equal.

start 300 meters distance from each other.

Swai:1

Uryu:

Incon:

so my favorite league characther finaly start his conquest of one of my favorite franchise in the name of noxus? it please me

i'll assume this is human uryu who can still use letzt stil so he is visible to swain

both have genius intellect but swain have thousands of lives worth of experience thanks to the memories he absorbed from the dead .

swain resist soul manip so reiatsu crush gg isn't a factor. uryu's soul destruction will be harder to pull too

if they start at 300 meters , uryu have a serious advantage of being able to spam arrows without real fear of swain fighting back as he outrange him hard

swain will have to painfully try to advance dodging arrows to be at range or try to retreat/hide enough time to teleport to range. the second option seems more likely depending of the surroundings.

if he does manage that and tp in close combat to uryu he will be able to drain his life force and curse uryu while outlasting him with regen...wich will force uryu to use letzt stil

with letzt stil , uruy will completly toy with swain ,demon form or not, as the boost it provide is huge.

i'll vote for uryu , my boi swain is good but not good enough.

swain has teleportation to close the distance so range wont be an issue. He also has precog to know what uryu would do and can learn uryu's abilities via soul fragments. He also has Low-Mid Regenerationn.

oh and via sba it is a central park they are fighting in, uryu does not have a clear view over 300 meters and swain can hide out of view for teleportation.

teleportation to short distance, he can't tp hundreds of meters on a whim .

succesive short tp will just allow uryu to also retreat bit by bit leaving the distance almost the same . uryu will still be able to attack while retreating and is capable of controling the path of his arrows.

swain can tp long distances( and thus directly in close quarter) but it require a few seconds of prep wich will be hard to pull mid fight

his precog doesn't work if he doesn't land some spells to rip soul fragments and uryu's mobility and resistance to soul manip will make it even harder for swain to rip soul fragments out of him

swain can win this if uryu doesn't use letzt stil . his regen is nice but it only work as long as swain is transformed and with people nearby to drain life force from and doesn't protect him from uryu's soul destruction wich in letzt stil will work given the difference in power.

He has resistance to soul attacks which would defend him from soul destruction, uryu does not have tp so it would be slower than swain's actual tp.

You are mixing up his precog which he uses to see the future of noxus and what to do to prevent its destruction and his memory based precog.

it is central park, there are people around to regen from. Oh and it was never said that the raven form is what healed him.

yeah , swain would catch up in the end , it would just be hard for him to do so while under constant attacks and could also be quite stamina consuming

he shruged off jarvan 4 impaling him in raven form in the cinematic and it was clearly showned to drain his life force to do so ( swain's profile is mess anyway , it use pre rework and post rework feat)

but let's admit that swain have permanent regen from the feat of the demon healing his knee and hand , the difference in power from letzt stil( wich will be upgraded to 7-A pretty soon from being able to one shot a captain in bankai) will allow uryu to destroy his soul has uryu's soul destruction is linked to his current power and have destroyed the souls of being resistant to soul manip before such as hollows on a daily basis.

can you show me the part in lore where it is said that swain has combat aplicable precog without having to consume souls ? if he can then the fight could turn in his favor quicker indeed (i t also interest me as i can't believe i missed such a critical point)

If it is 7-A then it would be restircted, this is meant to be a 7-C fight.

He knew that an assassin had been sent to kill him when he was planning a fight against some shurimans I believe. And countered the assassin's attack before said assassin and swain's own people even moved.

He also knew that his drink was poisoned.

yeah , restricting it is best here as even if it's not 7-A , the boost is more than ten time base ishida right now ( with the old captain mayuri scaling)

for the drink part it's not clear cut :

"He smiled, pleased at his own cunning, but Swain was more concerned with the wine being poured into his glass.

Will it be poison? his eyes seemed to ask, as he peered around the table"

he seem to ask himself a question more so than saying outright that his drink is poisonned .

althought he also seems to know that an attempt on his life was going to happend in this same story but once again it's unclear if he had a vision on the moment or way before and pieced it together with his intellect or just knew that Leblanc's assasin was probably going to try something as he was out in the open .

he most definitly have precog but it's probably not combat applicable unless it's proved to work while he fight.

i don't remember the shuriman assasin part , in wich characther story it's from ? it's not found in his own color story anyway.

Its in the same story, I said shuriman assassin, but it is probably not shuriman, the same guy that poisoned him tried to blow the place up, but swain caught him before he could do it. consider Letzt pil restricted then. he already has an AP advantage anyway.

yeah , it's not really proof that his precog work in battle especially not with a man like swain wich have genius like intellect and could easily figured it out the assasination plan by himself.

we know that swain have precog but we don't know if it is battle aplicable outside of soul fragment absorbtion.

considering it is what allowed him to take over the whole of the immortal bastion in one night and also against LB of all people, I think his precog is combat based as well. Also I dont think that Uryu can very easily escape his vision of empire AOE anyway.

he took over noxus in one night after years of preparations and not alone.

if we say that swain resist uryu soul destruction then uryu can also resist having fragments taken from him

uryu have hirenkyaku wich allow him to have great burst of speed so evading swain abilities ( especially one with long detonation time such as vision of empire) should'nt be that much of a problem

but i'll say that if we restrict letzt stil then swain win this fight as he have a lot going for him with his curses, tp,life force drain and regen.

i think it is SS uryu (my arguments were toward that anyway) so he doesn't shoot 1200 arrows yet , a few dozens a best

Back