• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Surpassing the previous Generation (The Grandson of the strongest Kage is the strongest)

I'm fine with the scaling in principle, but I'm not sure it really "works". As the others have pointed out, this isn't exactly isolated scaling. I mean, does High 6-A Juugo really make sense to ya'll.....?

I'll leave determining the validity of that for the Boruto anime goons, but ya'll are missing the point. The point is, if this gets out of hand, and a bunch of random people end up scaling to 10% of JIGEN's power, idk if I can sign off on that.

So, I'd like to see exactly how this affects the scaling chain(s) first.

Didn't Jugo just get one-shotted by the Rasengan? And iirc Konohamaru was holding back.
Okay I just rewatched the fight.

There's two reasons why Jugo wouldn't scale.
1. Jugo gets one shot
2. Prior to Konohamaru using his Rasengan, Jugo absorbed so much Chakra from Konohamaru, that he immediately collapsed from exhaustion after using the Rasengan. (i.e his Rasengan is nowhere near full power since it's likely made with just the last drops of his chakra)

Last edited:
So, I'd like to see exactly how this affects the scaling chain(s) first.
Well, I don't think it does unless I'm missing something. The Jugo's case has been adressed.

Although, Shadow said something about Boruto matching Konohamaru's Rasengan. Which I don't really agree upon, the so called clash was a combined Rasengan from both with the aim of destroying a chakra barrier. Nothing really insinuates that they were equal. Also considering that the constant portrayal of Konohamaru's rasengan above Boruto's is very consistent.

I'll leave determining the validity of that for the Boruto anime goons, but ya'll are missing the point. The point is, if this gets out of hand, and a bunch of random people end up scaling to 10% of JIGEN's power, idk if I can sign off on that.
To be fair, Konohamaru's Rasengan scaling to this doesn't contradict anything. The closest things to an antifeat are Jigen blasting him away and Jugo getting up after being forced back into base form by it.

To be fair, Konohamaru's Rasengan scaling to this doesn't contradict anything. The closest things to an antifeat are Jigen blasting him away and Jugo getting up after being forced back into base form by it.
You are still missing the point, even though I made it abundantly clear.

I already said, many times, that Konohamaru's Rasengan scaling is fine to me, in a vacuum.
What I am not fine with is this getting out of hand and scaling everyone and their mother to this level. I know how crazy the anime scaling chains can get, @Nierre and @Shadowbokunohero have taught me that.

You are still missing the point, even though I made it abundantly clear.

I already said, many times, that Konohamaru's Rasengan scaling is fine to me, in a vacuum.
What I am not fine with is this getting out of hand and scaling everyone and their mother to this level. I know how crazy the anime scaling chains can get, @Nierre and @Shadowbokunohero have taught me that.
Just wait for TBV to start moving.

btw, in the manga, Koji says to Konohamaru, "You're a pretty tough guy." I am reading Turkish. Does it say something like this in English? By the way, in the anime, Konohamaru sees himself as weaker than Hiruzen, and the Hiruzen he saw was Old Hiruzen. So if Konohamaru gets a scaling from here, will he increase in Old Hiruzen and Sanin's? If you ask me, Konohamaru's physical AP-Dura should be H7A or 6C, with Rasengan H6A. But there is also something like this. He creates Rasengan with his own chakra, and if I'm not mistaken, it is considered chakra + chakra control = Ap. I don't know if it was refuted later, but I read something like this on this wiki. By the way, I think we should consider all the Anime Canon episodes of Boruto as important as the Manga Canon. If you want to listen, I'll tell you why I think so. If you find it reasonable, we will open a CRT regarding this.

Last edited:
Anime Canon episodes of Boruto as important as the Manga Canon. If you want to listen, I'll tell you why I think so. If you find it reasonable, we will open a CRT regarding this.
We do accept anime canon feats up until post bayron mode (for now)
That's the sole reason Sarada and co got their tier 6 ratings

I think the aftermath of the Baryon Mode episodes should also be accepted. Because after the Baryon mod, chunin exams are held in the elephant sections of the anime. Sarada is promoted to chunin rank and Konohamaru ceases to be Team 7's captain. The new captain is Sarada because she has the highest rank. After the Baryon mod chapters, in the manga, Sarada tries to separate Boruto and Kawaki, who are fighting, and tells them, "You can't fight, I'm the captain of this team." In the manga, it is not explained how Sarada became captain and why Konohamaru left the captaincy. So, could the elephants episode of the anime be telling us about intermediate events that were not shown in the manga? The author makes some events that he does not consider very important special for the anime so that the story does not progress slowly in the manga. They did not add Urashiki to the manga due to time constraints and made him an anime-exclusive character. It is explained in the ''Trivia'' section.

Konohamaru sees himself as weaker than Hiruzen, and the Hiruzen he saw was Old Hiruzen
Took me long enough to find The statement. Man, Why does it have to be quora?
Even with the High6-A being proposed, Konohamaru won't be overally stronger than Hiruzen. Hiruzen is still above Konohamaru in other categories like experience, iq, Speed and Physical stats. Heck, Konohamaru's Rasengan was way higher than Ao stats but he got layed down real quick when they fought.

Now can't we scale Minato's or Jiraiya's rasengan on top of Konohamaru's rasengan? In the Boruto anime episodes, it seemed like Jiraiya's rasengan was called the triple rasengan. Does this only cover Part1 time? Were there any other characters who collided with Konohamaru's rasengan?

Since I haven't watched it, I don't know if this character fights with Konohamaru's rasengan.

Out of curiosity, how will this happen? Who scales off of Konohamaru's Rasengan?
Boruto matches Konohamaru's rasengan, Boruto eventually downscales to his own rasengan, characters that can physically combat boruto also physically combat Konohamaru, eventually Konohamaru will physically scale to twice the value of his own rasengan.

Who scales off of Konohamaru's Rasengan?
heres some characters that would be effected

Konohamaru
Mugino
Sarada
Mitsuki
Deepa
Viktor
Ao
Orochimaru
Boro
Cho Cho (without her X100 amp)
Mirai
Base Kawaki
Garou
Shinki

a bunch of random anime filler looking people

Boruto matches Konohamaru's rasengan, Boruto eventually downscales to his rasengan, characters that can physically combat boruto also physically combat Konohamaru, eventually Konohamaru will physically scale to twice the value of his own rasengan.
I see. If this is the case then this feat should be considered an outlier. We can't have pre-TS base Boruto scaling to 20% Jigen.

Also, with Chocho's x100 amp, she would be stronger than Isshiki. This is not acceptable.

Boruto matches Konohamaru's rasengan, Boruto eventually downscales to his own rasengan, characters that can physically combat boruto also physically combat Konohamaru, eventually Konohamaru will physically scale to twice the value of his own rasengan
Although, Shadow said something about Boruto matching Konohamaru's Rasengan. Which I don't really agree upon, the so called clash was a combined Rasengan from both with the aim of destroying a chakra barrier. Nothing really insinuates that they were equal. Also considering that the constant portrayal of Konohamaru's rasengan above Boruto's is very consistent.

Their Rasengans would have to be objectively relative otherwise their entire plan which requires both of their rasengans to damage the gem doesnt make sense. (this is a combo they specifically plan ahead for)
also to say that Konohamaru's rasengan is constantly portrayed as superior isnt true at all, obviously this specific example highlights how relative they are but later on when fighting the same opponent with AO both of their rasengans do equal damage to similar equipment.

Konohamaru's rasengan is only noted to be superior very early on in the series and isnt relevant to this specific discussion.

Their Rasengans would have to be objectively relative otherwise their entire plan which requires both of their rasengans to damage the gem doesnt make sense. (this is a combo they specifically plan ahead for)
also to say that Konohamaru's rasengan is constantly portrayed as superior isnt true at all, obviously this specific example highlights how relative they are but later on when fighting the same opponent with AO both of their rasengans do equal damage to similar equipment.

Konohamaru's rasengan is only noted to be superior very early on in the series and isnt relevant to this specific discussion.
I get what you mean but It doesn't actually, they don't need to be relative at all. A plan was not made aforementioned, it was just 6C Rasengan + high 6A Rasengan, and definitely doesn't have to be equal. Kinda similar to how Boruto Rasengan+Naruto's obliterated momoshiki, but in this case it was individually. Relativity doesn't need to be present, Especially when one is shown to be above the other. If it weren't, it'd have been another case.

Also, their Rasengan did not do similar damage. Ao felt the need to use his Shinobi ware to defend against Konohamaru Rasengan and it got completely obliterated, whilst boruto Rasengan didn't fully destroy his Ao gauntlet, although he did noticeable damage. But it's clear enough that Konohamaru did more.

Referring to this post:
I get what you mean but It doesn't actually, they don't need to be relative at all. A plan was not made aforementioned, it was just 6C Rasengan + high 6A Rasengan, and definitely doesn't have to be equal. Kinda similar to how Boruto Rasengan+Naruto's obliterated momoshiki, but in this case it was individually. Relativity doesn't need to be present, Especially when one is shown to be above the other. If it weren't, it'd have been another case.

Also, their Rasengan did not do similar damage. Ao felt the need to use his Shinobi ware to defend against Konohamaru Rasengan and it got completely obliterated, whilst boruto Rasengan didn't fully destroy his Ao gauntlet, although he did noticeable damage. But it's clear enough that Konohamaru did more.

I definitely disagree.
If you look at the actual scene it's not really that Konohamaru matches Kojis rasengan but more so that Koji neutralizes Konohamarus rasengan.
Koji is clearly whooping Kono with 0 difficulty throughout the fight and is clearly enjoying himself. Then Konohamaru whips out a rasengan and Koji smiles and negates it with his own rasengan. This seems more like Koji just flexing that he also has a rasengan rather than him actually trying to harm Konohamaru.

Konohamaru here was not a threat to Koji at all and we see how vastly different it looks when Koji is actually trying against Jigen.
And that's not even mentioning how this would upscale everyone and their mom to 10% Jigen.

Koji did not just dispel said Rasengan. The visual implementation does not suggest that. Clearly, their Rasengan calcelled out each other, not in the favour of one but in the favour of none.
How It affects the scaling chain has already been addressed

Please read through before giving and input, it'd be duely appreciated

Back