• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Surpassing the previous Generation (The Grandson of the strongest Kage is the strongest)

Following.

this does have an effect on scaling, like with Jugo IIRC and by extension Boruto as well.

yes Konohamaru hit Jugo with a Rasengan and reverted him to base form, which he then just walks off.

So Jugo V2 would scale to the Rasengan, and Boruto's Boruto Stream Rasengan would also scale, for doing the same thing.

But that also would mean characters like Deepa and those who scale to and above him would scale, as Boruto and the rest of Team 7 were unable to do any damage to base Deepa, and Boruto felt like he needed to level up his Rasengan to do anything meaningful.

Koji resorted to burning Konohamaru alive. not sure why he would hold himself back by millions, he also takes a ton of hits and gets back up. we have scaled people for less.
He was easily dealing with Konohamaru in close combat, he even says Konohamaru has a long way to go. Just because he resorted to burning him alive doesn't mean Konohamaru posed any sort of threat.

Koji can and definitely was holding back against Konohamaru, at least in close combat. In regards to the Rasengan, it's a bit dubious, but seeing how Konohamaru was yelling and straining himself during the clash, while Koji remained calm and composed followed by Koji's comment about Konohamaru's skills ("Your technique is good, but you still have a long way to go"), seems to me that Koji was indeed, not trying against Konohamaru.

For now I'll just watch the thread, but my stance is Neutral, leaning towards disagreeing for my reasons above.

yes Konohamaru hit Jugo with a Rasengan and reverted him to base form, which he then just walks off.

So Jugo V2 would scale to the Rasengan, and Boruto's Boruto Stream Rasengan would also scale, for doing the same thing.

But that also would mean characters like Deepa and those who scale to and above him would scale, as Boruto and the rest of Team 7 were unable to do any damage to base Deepa, and Boruto felt like he needed to level up his Rasengan to do anything meaningful.
We don't scale Jugo to Konohamaru Rasengan. You're taking this at face value, why would V2 scale if the form got played down with one shot? Plus one could assume his weaker state had healed from the Rasengan.

Boruto inturn doesn't scale to Jugo, actually Jugo up scales from his Rasengan

He was easily dealing with Konohamaru in close combat, he even says Konohamaru has a long way to go. Just because he resorted to burning him alive doesn't mean Konohamaru posed any sort of threat.
If Koji was holding back that much he wouldn't resort to Ninjutsu which solely exists for the sake of doing things you cant physically, even worse when a rasengan sole existence is entirely AP dependent

I disagree with ur interpretation. Koji made incredibly quick work of Konohamaru in physicals and even faster by burning him to death, he obviously wasn't trying against Konohanaru throughout the exchange, and Koji's statement after the Rasengan still stands. As well as their reactions during the clash.

his obviously not going all out but theres a massive difference between holding back and holding back to the point that your using an ability thats objectively superior to your physical stats thats already millions of times stronger than the person who taking hits and getting back up.

Koji can and definitely was holding back against Konohamaru, at least in close combat. In regards to the Rasengan, it's a bit dubious, but seeing how Konohamaru was yelling and straining himself during the clash, while Koji remained calm and composed followed by Koji's comment about Konohamaru's skills ("Your technique is good, but you still have a long way to go"), seems to me that Koji was indeed, not trying against Konohamaru.

For now I'll just watch the thread, but my stance is Neutral, leaning towards disagreeing for my reasons above.
This still pose a question. His physicals outscale konohamaru millions of times. Why would he decide to use ninjustu when he could take the rasengan face on? It's like someone outscalling a person only to transform and hold back the more. It doesn't make sense.

This still pose a question. His physicals outscale konohamaru millions of times. Why would he decide to use ninjustu when he could take the rasengan face on? It's like someone outscalling a person only to transform and hold back the more. It doesn't make sense.
How should I know? Koji could've dodged it, he's faster. Answering a question with another question doesn't solve the problem.

What we do know is that Koji casually countered Konohamaru's Rasengan, which we visibly and audibly hear him stressing about, and Koji even says that his Rasengan has a long way to go.

How else are you supposed to translate what that statement means when their Rasengans matched and cancelled each other?:

A) Well we see Koji is obviously above Konohamaru in every department (Physicals, Speed, Skill)
B) We see Koji calmly and casually clash with Konohamaru's Rasengan as we see Konohamaru stressing
C) Koji states that Konohamaru has a long way to go

All that points to Koji holding back, I don't know how one can interpret it any other way.

Koji burning Konohamaru to death does not disprove these facts, I don't know why it keeps being brought up. Nor does Koji clashing with Konohamaru due to those aforementioned points of mine.
I'm more likely to believe either Koji isnt High 6-A
yes.

I'm more likely to believe either Koji isnt High 6-A or this an Outlier for Konohamaru
That makes more sense. Although Konohamaru has a nice feat for himself. When Lee and the gang attack ishikki he one shotted all of them. Surprisingly Konohamaru was the only one that was still able to stand while the others were unconscious

well i dont believe we should be scaling chakra levels to stats but hey thats just me.

even if we just give Konohamaru High 6-A with rasengan the scaling here is notable, Nierre brought some examples but the list would be pretty large, even down to characters like cho cho and fodder filler characters.

Boruto matches Konohamaru's rasengan in episode 164
Time stamp?
Well we see Koji is obviously above Konohamaru in every department (Physicals, Speed, Skill)
B) We see Koji calmly and casually clash with Konohamaru's Rasengan as we see Konohamaru stressing
C) Koji states that Konohamaru has a long way to go
Yeah, I know Konohamaru was dominated in most of these aspects but that doesn't mean he held back drastically, I mean he did complement the attack.

Last edited:
I feel like I've said what I've needed to say, I'd just be repeating myself otherwise. Count me as disagree.
Alright
A few things to add incase it changes your stance. The statement Koji made was "Your technique is good, but you have a long way to go". At first glance one would say this is referring to his Rasengan without understanding the narrative implication.
"Your technique is good" was obviously referring to Konohamaru's Rasengan well since it was in line with the moment, but the statement "you have a long way to go" was probably referring to Konohamaru lack of awareness, since after Koji says that Konohamaru notices the frog and starts to burn up, implementing that it was indeed his lack of skill and other capabilities other than his Rasengan.

Although, the blatant indicator that Koji was holding back is considered.

I’m guessing due to the current UES, Konohamaru would only scale with Rasengan. Since he’s also clearly outclassed in hand to hand against Koji.

Back