• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Rebirth) 2-A removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are called "real" suns by the narrator
As in real suns, as not an illusion. Superman thought he was seeint stuff since he was about to die, but then all these suns were moved closer to him by batman with the sun machine or whatever it was called.

Okay. Thank you for the reply. The multiverse itself was still portrayed as a physical construct though.
The multiverse wasn't even made tho? At least not completely. We don't even see the new multiverse. This was meant to be an illusion created to illustrate what kind of future was waiting for them.

Arguing that the stars can't be special is so disconnected from not only how the site actually operates but how fiction itself operates that it genuinely baffles me. It completely lacks any critical thinking skills whatsoever and genuinely can't be argued in good faith due to how backwards and idiotic it is. EVERYTHING we do on this site is an assumption, have you ever read a calc blog before? We have to assume a lot of stuff frequently. The very existence of our tiering system itself is a massive assumption, do youu have any idea how reductive it is to assume every verse uses the same laws of physics? Or even remotely follows ours? We make assumptions if they're logical, and this assumption is logical. Saying it is not is bafflingly dumb.
Please calm down. Nobody is arguing in bad faith here. There is just a disagreement. I also find it very stressful to argue for prolonged periods of time though, so I can relate.

As in real suns, as not an illusion. Superman thought he was seeint stuff since he was about to die, but then all these suns were moved closer to him by batman with the sun machine or whatever it was called.

The multiverse wasn't even made tho? At least not completely. We don't even see the new multiverse. This was meant to be an illusion created to illustrate what kind of future was waiting for them.
I thought that the new multiverse was real, but the World Forger still had to replace the old one with it/send it to the 3rd Dimension, and that was all.

I thought that the new multiverse was real, but the World Forger still had to replace the old one with it, and that was all.
Not how I remember it. Basically the whole purpose of this arc was to kill superman and once his essense is stolen, his multiverse will be complete. Because hope - in this case superman - is integral to the multiverse. But he was gonna replace the multiverse anyway before superman overcame the absolute impossible and punched him, thus changing his stance on the current multiverse.

The other multiverse was like an anvil or something, very small iirc

Hmm. I did not interpret the story like that at all, but I sent AKM a link to it, so let's wait for him to read it.

@Amelia_Lonelyheart All I'll say is that there is a difference between making reasonable assumptions and making extraordinary assumptions without sufficient backing. I don't have a horse in this race, I am giving my opinion because I was called to and it is my job. Nobody is acting in bad faith, so calm down. And stop calling it idiotic, stupid and disingenuous just because you disagree. You're not the only one who thinks they can be right. Behavior like this discourages people from participating and voicing their arguments in a thread.

To be fair, I also overreacted earlier in this thread. I have changed two of my medicines recently, have been very overworked, worried about real world political events, and am easily stressed out from prolonged arguing with split attention between many different tasks in the first place, but none of that is the fault of anybody here, so I apologise about this.

Not including how current tiers are bad, I think there's no right answer to this feat.

You can say it's an outlier or PIS because of how stars shouldn't grant that much power, how the AoE was bad or how Superman just had to win through bs and never has been using such power before; but you can argue the opposite and say we have countless "normal" celestial objects and coe with veery high ratings, that Superman never sun-dipped THAT much or that they got a weird bs size increase.

However I just think it's equally useless and most of the problems come from taking maths ("stars shouldn't grant infinite^infinite^infinite") or try to justify dumb story elements.

What matter is that Superman beat World Forger regardless, and that he never had an experience with suns on that level (at least for this incarnation).

Imo you could just slap a "up to 1-A with unknown amount of sun dip" to not slap the process as necessarily 1-A every time he dips; but removing it doesnt feel right.

It's a story (of questionable quality) meant for entertainment. There's no need to justify ever single artistic choice as coherent, nor to put everything in big numbers and equations.

Yes, it completely contradicts the power granted by all his previous empowerments by absorbing energy, including sun-dips.

Pretty sure Alec said this supes draws more energy than the sun than he did in the past or compared to his N52 version. Superman 2016 annual 1 iirc

It’s stars from the 6th dimension
I still don’t see how it’s an extraordinary assumption to say they’re just superior to regular stars and thus can amp Superman more

Yes, it completely contradicts the power granted by all his previous empowerments by absorbing energy, including sun-dips.
For example, in Action Comics 782, he had to power up to his limits within the Sun just to fight and move a living planet (Warworld):

And in "Last God of Krypton", he was overpowered by the goddess Cythonna, despite powering up:

Both over 20 years ago... Things change. This is the nature of stories. Should we just keep every character ever at their first tier because that was meant to be their peak?

Pretty sure Alec said this supes draws more energy than the sun than he did in the past or compared to his N52 version. Superman 2016 annual 1 iirc
This is not the case. As AKM proved with his scan, they were regular stars, and as the stories that I linked to prove, Superman has powered up to his limit by absorbing energy before, and this completely contradicts the context.

Also, these are just two of likely many more examples.

Both over 20 years ago... Things change. This is the nature of stories. Should we just keep every character ever at their first tier because that was meant to be their peak?
Superman has a history to draw upon, and was explicitly stated to have been powered up to his Post-Crisis level from his Post-Flashpoint state not long previously to the World Forger story. I already showed you his Post-Crisis level above. He definitely cannot get many degrees of infinity more powerful just by standing inside of a star any time he feels like it. It was a dumb plot convention cheat from the writer that completely contradicted all other parts of Superman's greater narrative. That is all.

I am sorry, but where? Just because they are real (as in not an illusion), they are normal stars?

Also you might wanna look at some new comics. The ones you linked at from over 20 years ago and Alec's evaluation of superman comes from 2016/17.

Superman has a history to draw upon, and was explicitly stated to have been powered up to his Post-Crisis level from his Post-Flashpoint state not long previously to the World Forger story. I already showed you his Post-Crisis level above. He definitely cannot get many degrees of infinity more powerful just by standing inside of a star any time he feels like it. It was a dumb plot convention cheat from the writer that completely contradicted all other parts of Superman's greater narrative. That is all.
newer information from the current continuity should take priority over stuff from old ones

Superman has a history to draw upon, and was explicitly stated to have been powered up to his Post-Crisis level from his Post-Flashpoint state not long previously to the World Forger story. I already showed you his Post-Crisis level above. He definitely cannot get many degrees of infinity more powerful just by standing inside of a star. It was a dumb plot convention cheat from the writer that completely contradicted all other parts of Superman's greater narrative. That is all.
Except as we keep saying, it's a 1A space, 1A sun and he absorbs that. I don't even care what happens to the rating but ignoring clear cut context is just... Distasteful.

No one is yet to prove they were 3 dimensional scans. And the greater context around the feat makes this anything but PIS. Somehow we can go from tier 3 to 2 by shouting at the sky for five minutes but when supes gets powered up by a tier 1 sun in a tier 1 structure it's somehow PIS.

As for your Superman Absorption being less than usual... Where? Pretty sure Alec said he was absorbing far too much and causing a chain reaf6that was HARMING the green itself.

I am sorry, but where? Just because they are real (as in not an illusion), they are normal stars?
Once again, literally everything about the stars point to them being normal. It follows natural physics. It radiates energy that can be absorbed by Superman. It works on the principle of fusion. Hydrogen turns to Helium. You have to prove how these stars that function as completely normal stars are in fact radiating magical 1-A energy. I really don't get how people can just assume normal stars being magical 1-A energy balls just to explain a mere inconsistency and then ask others to prove their assumptions incorrect even though several things are pointing against it. This is not how it works. I am disappointed.

They had normal processes of atomic fusion within them and the new multiverse was still supposed to replace the old one with a mostly identical copy. We have been over this already.
Also you might wanna look at some new comics. The ones you linked at from over 20 years ago and Alec's evaluation of superman comes from 2016/17.
It doesn't matter. It was during the last years of Superman's Post-Crisis era, during which he only had feats of this scale. Superman then spent around a decade powered-down during his awful Post-Flashpoint era, after which the two versions and their histories merged during Rebirth, and Superman was powered-up to his old Post-Crisis level. This happened not a long time before the World Forger storyline.

Agaun
1-A realm, not much to explain

Outside you two everyone gets it lol

Once again, literally everything about the stars point to them being normal. It follows natural physics. It radiates energy that can be absorbed by Superman. It works on the principle of fusion. Hydrogen turns to Helium. You have to prove how these stars that function as completely normal stars are in fact radiating magical 1-A energy. I really don't get how people can just assume normal stars being magical 1-A energy balls just to explain a mere inconsistency and then ask others to prove their assumptions incorrect even though several things are pointing against it. This is not how it works. I am disappointed.
Let's downgrade all Supermen to below tier 4 then. Because 2-A star-powered guy doesn't make much more sense than 1-A.

Except as we keep saying, it's a 1A space, 1A sun and he absorbs that. I don't even care what happens to the rating but ignoring clear cut context is just... Distasteful.

No one is yet to prove they were 3 dimensional scans. And the greater context around the feat makes this anything but PIS. Somehow we can go from tier 3 to 2 by shouting at the sky for five minutes but when supes gets powered up by a tier 1 sun in a tier 1 structure it's somehow PIS.

As for your Superman Absorption being less than usual... Where? Pretty sure Alec said he was absorbing far too much and causing a chain reaf6that was HARMING the green itself.
AKM has given evidence for that they were regular stars, and the World Forger did not create a 1-A level multiverse, just one that would replace the regular 2-C 4-dimensional multiverse structure. You are also the ones who have to provide proof for your extraordinary claims, instead of speculation, and you have yet to do so.

Once again, literally everything about the stars point to them being normal. It follows natural physics.
they aren't falling into each other or being ripped apart by their gravities, so no
It radiates energy that can be absorbed by Superman.
Superman was shown in the same comic that he contain energy from 5-D imps, so moot

It works on the principle of fusion. Hydrogen turns to Helium. You have to prove how these stars that function as completely normal stars are in fact radiating magical 1-A energy.
None of that was ever stated

I really don't get how people can just assume normal stars being magical 1-A energy balls just to explain a mere inconsistency and then ask others to prove their assumptions incorrect even though several things are pointing against it. This is not how it works. I am disappointed.
ah yes, things in a 1-A space aren't 1-A. Guess we are should downgraded every higher dimensional being that looks just a person because they look 3-D

Let's downgrade all Supermen to below tier 4 then. Because 2-A star-powered guy doesn't make much more sense than 1-A.
2-A has a historical context, given that the Pre-Crisis Superman was of this level via explicit feats. 1-A is waaaaaayyyyyyyy beyond that.

So is this as simple as just giving Superman a different key?
In worst case we could give him an "Empowered by 6th-Dimensional Stars" key, but I am not really satisfied with the evidence for the extraordinary claims shown so far.

Strawman. I never said a star powered guy can't be more than tier 4. My point is that this particular boost received by sun dipping is inconsistent when compared to other similar instances and thus should be treated that way rather than us saying "oh sixth dimension so maybe this and that". It's as simple as that.

Once again, literally everything about the stars point to them being normal. It follows natural physics. It radiates energy that can be absorbed by Superman. It works on the principle of fusion. Hydrogen turns to Helium. You have to prove how these stars that function as completely normal stars are in fact radiating magical 1-A energy. I really don't get how people can just assume normal stars being magical 1-A energy balls just to explain a mere inconsistency and then ask others to prove their assumptions incorrect even though several things are pointing against it. This is not how it works.
Right so, if you go to a 1A space, where everything is infinitely superior and the multiverse is the size of an anvil... why would anyone assume it's a 3D sun?

On top of that, DC has made it quite clear that in order to reach a higher dimensional space, one's size must be adjusted to it. That's why fourth world people uses boom tubes or else the multiverse can collapse due to their sheer size.
I am disappointed.
Well, so is everyone else.

They had normal processes of atomic fusion within them and the new multiverse was still supposed to replace the old one with a mostly identical copy. We have been over this already.
Yes, but you do realise it's still a tier 1 sun, right? In a tier 1 space, right?

It doesn't matter. It was during the last years of Superman's Post-Crisis era, during which he only had feats of this scale. Superman then spent around a decade powered-down during his awful Post-Flashpoint era, after which the two versions and their histories merged during Rebirth, and Superman was powered-up to his old Post-Crisis level. This happened not a long time before the World Forger storyline.
Except it does matter. This superman draws far more power than before. Unless someone wants to correct me.

In any case, their fusion means their power Absorption was also amped beyond normal, far above normal.

2-A has a historical context, given that the Pre-Crisis Superman was of this level via explicit feats. 1-A is waaaaaayyyyyyyy beyond that.
Except it's not what matters. The argument is legit "stars aren't supposed to hold such energy".
Except it's true for anything past tier 3.

Just slapping a "up to 1-A" litteraly solves the entire thing.
Not that the profiles will stay 1-A for long anyway.

If "no one is arguing in bad faith" then why are you clearly acting in transparent bias towards an argument that has no merit and no one who knows anything about the verse or context agrees with.

AKM's arguments are laugbly dumb and ignores literally all the context and everyone know's it. Why in god's name is it given more weight than someone whose actually read the story or someone who knows DC cosmology.

Or you’re biased
Yes, of course. Post-Crisis Superman is one of my favourite characters of all time, and I am consistently obsessed with accuracy, and you do not seem to have a leg to stand on regarding reliable evidence for your claims, whereas my side has shown evidence, but I must have malicious intent and be driven by bias. Of course.

Just slapping a "up to 1-A" litteraly solves the entire thing.
Not that the profiles will stay 1-A for long anyway.
At this rate it's not even about tier 1. Its just to make sure that this feat is accounted for correctly and not leaving out crucial context.

He gets amped to 1a via 1a stuff. That's what we are trying to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back