• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Rebirth) 2-A removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-A realm, not much to explain
So let's make up our minds because there are two arguments being spoken here.

You're saying that anything in 1-A realm is automatically 1-A. By that logic, everybody including Superman before sun dipping are 1-A and we are wasting our time arguing at this point.

So let's make up our minds because there are two arguments being spoken here.

You're saying that anything in 1-A realm is automatically 1-A. By that logic, everybody including Superman before sun dipping are 1-A and we are wasting our time arguing at this point.
Everything originally from the realm yes lol

Right so, if you go to a 1A space, where everything is infinitely superior and the multiverse is the size of an anvil... why would anyone assume it's a 3D sun?
Because the replacement multiverse was explicitly not shown to be the size of an anvil. It was of regular size. The World Forger just somehow created it with his hammer and anvil. Also, as AKM's scan showed, the nuclear processes within the stars functioned like normal.
On top of that, DC has made it quite clear that in order to reach a higher dimensional space, one's size must be adjusted to it. That's why fourth world people uses boom tubes or else the multiverse can collapse due to their sheer size.
This is actually a valid point, yes, but we preferably need more solid evidence.

Because the replacement multiverse was explicitly not shown to be the size of an anvil. It was of regular size. The World Forger just somehow created it with his hammer and anvil. Also, as AKM's scan showed, the nuclear processes within the stars functioned like normal.
The only thing we are shown are the anvil thing. Not far fetched to assume that's the multiverse. Especially since it was referred to as multiverse once too (?)
This is actually a valid point, yes, but we preferably need more solid evidence.
Shouldn't be too hard to find it. Pretty sure greenshifter had some on hand in another thread.

If "no one is arguing in bad faith" then why are you clearly acting in transparent bias towards an argument that has no merit and no one who knows anything about the verse or context agrees with.
See above regarding the bias claim. It can much more easily be used against your side of the argument, given that me and AKM have provided plenty of logic and evidence, and, again, I really like both Superman and accuracy in general, but it is unfair to use ad hominem attacks in either direction.
AKM's arguments are laugbly dumb and ignores literally all the context and everyone know's it. Why in god's name is it given more weight than someone whose actually read the story or someone who knows DC cosmology.
AKM has taken the time to read the story, and has good working logic, and I have read thousands of DC comic books over the years, and am still compulsively obsessed with reliability and accuracy. Insults are not a good way to handle this argument.

Last edited:
At this rate it's not even about tier 1. Its just to make sure that this feat is accounted for correctly and not leaving out crucial context.

He gets amped to 1a via 1a stuff. That's what we are trying to prove.
That is much more reasonable than claiming that Superman can punch out high level cosmic entities left and right just by standing inside of the nearest star whenever he wants to. The evidence just seems rather flimsy or at least incoherent to me. It doesn't sit well with my preferences for reliability.

That is much more reasonable than claiming that Superman can punch out high level cosmic entities left and right just by standing inside of the nearest star whenever he wants to. The evidence just seems rather flimsy or at least incoherent to me. It doesn't sit well with my preferences for reliability.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't think anyone is claiming that. Perhaps it's a communication error from both sides on the explicit nature of what;s being argued.

Superman cannot randomly fly into the sun and walk up to Featherine and punch her out.

The only thing we are shown are the anvil thing. Not far fetched to assume that's the multiverse. Especially since it was referred to as multiverse once too (?)
Well, this entire story gives me a headache due to how incoherently the premises were explained. I am just saying that at best what you are claiming seems self-contradictory.
Shouldn't be too hard to find it. Pretty sure greenshifter had some on hand in another thread.
Okay. That would be appreciated. Thank you.

Everything originally from the realm yes lol
Which apparently scales to everyone else as someone already brought it up earlier. So again, either we can argue that everybody became 1-A and Superman absorbing sunlight is moot. Or we go back to requiring proof of said stars releasing 1-A energy. I'll let the thread figure out what it is that is being argued first because it looks like a see-saw where arguments are constantly changing just to explain an inconsistency.

I don't mean to sound rude, but I don't think anyone is claiming that. Perhaps it's a communication error from both sides on the explicit nature of what;s being argued.

Superman cannot randomly fly into the sun and walk up to Featherine and punch her out.
That is my main concern, yes.

However, I still prefer somebody to try to concretely make sense of this story, because as AKM and I showed previously, there are genuine contradictions at play here.

pretty sure my voice won't matter that much since i'm not an expert on comics
but i have a few questions is why would we scale lower characters to higher realms if they did not demonstrate that level of power? there's quite a few characters on the wiki who don't scale to the higher realms just because they entered it

and if the sixth dimension has some power that makes the impossible possible then why assume every character that enters it somehow has full knowledge of how it works and knows how to amp themselves to 1-A levels?

I will once again restate that option 2
1 has merit, but option 2 makes the most sense for reasons I’ve already stated

1. Superman was stated as being continuously amped for years

2. he flew through abnormal stars in a realm which has the most powerful beings in existence and is stated to be the “warehouse of the multiverse”. Superman also states that this is the strongest he’s ever been

And I also want to note, the Sixth Dimension is absolutely not 1-A by any metric or anything near that, but if that’s currently how the wiki treats it, then Superman should be tiered 1-A by flying through Sixth Dimensional suns

so to recap:

1. We could either keep the key, and the notation would be changed from “an unknown number of sun dips” to something like “sun dipping in Sixth Dimensional suns”

2. The key is removed entirely, since it’s a one time amp.

3. it’s an outlier, so it should have the same outcome as #2

Im only rooting for option two because someone got really mad earlier at the idea of removing the key

pretty sure my voice won't matter that much since i'm not an expert on comics
but i have a few questions is why would we scale lower characters to higher realms if they did not demonstrate that level of power? there's quite a few characters on the wiki who don't scale to the higher realms just because they entered it

and if the sixth dimension has some power that makes the impossible possible then why assume every character that enters it somehow has full knowledge of how it works and knows how to amp themselves to 1-A levels?
Well, characters that enter the Low 1-C level "Sphere of the Gods" via Boom Tubes gain a similar scale as the inhabitants there.

However, when Captain Marvel/Shazam and Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern entered the 5th Dimension they were portrayed as flat and completely insignificant, so this is not always the case.

On the other hand, Mxyzptlk had supposedly made a continuous effort to charge Superman with 5th-Dimensional power for years in order to send him and the rest of the Justice League to the 6th Dimension, so the entire issue is quite uncertain.

I will once again restate that option 2
1 has merit, but option 2 makes the most sense for reasons I’ve already stated

1. Superman was stated as being continuously amped for years

2. he flew through abnormal stars

And I also want to note, the Sixth Dimension is absolutely not 1-A by any metric or anything near that, but if that’s currently how the wiki treats it, then Superman should be tiered 1-A by flying through Sixth Dimensional suns

so to recap:

1. We could either keep the key, and the notation would be changed from “an unknown number of sun dips” to something like “sun dipping in Sixth Dimensional suns”

2. The key is removed entirely, since it’s a one time amp.

3. it’s an outlier, so it should have the same outcome as #2

Im only rooting for option two because someone got really mad earlier at the idea of removing the key
If that is what will eventually be accepted, I would prefer to make it a new key titled "Amplified by Mxyzptlk and 6th-Dimensional Suns" or somesuch.

However, when Captain Marvel/Shazam and Kyle Rayner/Green Lantern entered the 5th DImension they were portrayed as flat, so this is not always the case.
That's because they don't have the power nor technology to amp themselves to that level. Superman can't either, that's why he had to use phantom zone projector or boom tube back in post crisis

That's because they don't have the power nor technology to amp themselves to that level. Superman can't either, that's why he had to use phantom zone projector or boom tube back in post crisis
Did he enter the Sphere of the Gods via a Phantom Zone projector?

If that is what will eventually be accepted, I would prefer to make it a new key titled "Amplified by Mxyzptlk and 6th-Dimensional Suns" or somesuch.
So what do AKM and the rest of our staff here think? Should we use this solution, in lack of better options?

You do realize that stars being tier 1 makes Superman before sun dipping also tier 1 because he is comparable to the star's size to some extent. If that is the argument being used then it makes more sense to say he was amped to that level by Mxy. Just make it "amped by Mxy" as the key.

Well, I suppose that might be an idea, but Mxyzptlk himself is not supposed to be nearly as powerful as the World Forger, so I like my suggested solution better. Meaning, a two-step power-up.

Even Batman would be Tier 1 in this setting to be real. So far, it take place in some dimension that turns everybody into tier 1 sized entities even normal humans and is thus the definition of outside help. I support that 1-A is just too special of a situation that requires outside help he doesn't normally have access to and any credit if we're going to give anyone is the one who can transport people to this dimension. This actually seems more like Mister Mxyzptlk can amp characters up to 1-A via transporting them to the 6th dimension despite him not being 1-A himself.

Last edited:
Well, I suppose that might be an idea, but Mxyzptlk himself is not supposed to be nearly as powerful as the World Forger, so I like my suggested solution better. Meaning, a two-step power-up.
No matter how you look at it, this entire thing is inconsistent. All I am seeing are excuses to somehow explain something that should be disregarded as an inconsistency.

First it was the argument that Superman sundipped in many suns. During that time, everybody was assuming these stars to be normal. There was no 1-A star argument anywhere. This argument became irrelevant because it is the time that matters not the number of suns. Then the argument was changed to "these stars are some magical 1-A objects because the dimension does not follow logic and science". Then when the scan showcasing the stars following normal physics was shown it was ignored. Then we get arguments like "WF has 1-A size, the stars have 1-A size by extension, everybody is comparable so they all should be 1-A" despite it being inconsistent with Mxy's strength.

If you ask me, I am still of the opinion to disregard it as inconsistent and be done with it. I personally don't see a reason for why we have to jump through hoops to somehow explain it. I know many fans will be upset because that's normal, everybody wants their character to have a high tier somehow. These stories can be highly inconsistent and we have seen and disregarded such things many times in the past, to the point of making a special page for this verse's inconsistencies. Making a discussion rule about it so we don't get repeat threads on it is the most reasonable thing to do in my humble opinion. That's all.

Won't be able to respond much (exam preparation) but I must ask, if general consensus is that these were Six Dimensional Suns that provided the power necessary to defeat the World Forger, then wouldn't this be a feat via outside help and thus not indexable? Since Superman can't access this level of power without Mr. Mxyzptlk transporting them to said plane.

I agree, even if these Suns are in fact not normal Suns, then this is something not even applicable to Superman to have as this isn't even counted as Optional Equipment, it's a unique circumstance that happened via outside intervention (Mxyzptlk and Batman) that Superman can't do on his own.

So I advocate removing it then.

Boom tubes are usually not depicted as dimensional amps, there were a few comics where the new gods were depicted as being larger than the universe, but there are several other conflicting accounts of their size. On some occasions they can be depicted as thousands of feet tall, and on another they are shown as tens of feet tall. There’s no evidence that the size of new gods are qualitatively superior to spacetime as a whole, or at least as it currently stands.

Won't be able to respond much (exam preparation) but I must ask, if general consensus is that these were Six Dimensional Suns that provided the power necessary to defeat the World Forger, then wouldn't this be a feat via outside help and thus not indexable? Since Superman can't access this level of power without Mr. Mxyzptlk transporting them to said plane.
I agree, even if these Suns are in fact not normal Suns, then this is something not even applicable to Superman to have as this isn't even counted as Optional Equipment, it's a unique circumstance that happened via outside intervention (Mxyzptlk and Batman) that Superman can't do on his own.

Good point. Thanks for making me feel bad for spending so much time on this thread.

Superman flew through a bunch of stars to get amped to a state he's never reached before.

Like I get not including it since it appeared in one issue and no one scales to it anymore, but the amp itself wouldn't make it an outlier or invalid. We've had plenty of far dumber amps before anyways.

Nah it's indexable as a key. Easy fix.

I am personally inclined to agree with AKM, Planck, and MarvelFanatic, but do not consider it a disaster if we consider it as an external help two-step amplification key, due to Mxyzptlk and 6th Dimension stars respectively powering up Superman.

Oh did my option go through?
Well, I suggested a two-step power-up as a solution, since I am tired of arguing and being met with hostility, but I technically think that AKM and the others on his side of the argument make better sense. I don't consider the alternative option as a disaster though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back