• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Discussion 3

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
No? If Subspace is in higher infinity, sending infinite space-time of SSB world is definitely possible. And that's what he's going to do. He will manipulate SSB world's space-time, we saw Tabuu reconstructing space-time he has and create maze. And why being embodiment of your realm doesn't scale to your realm? I'm 100% sure it scales, marvel God tiers like Oblivio and Eternity scales to their respective embodiment, we saw Tabuu manipulating space-time within subspace.
  • Infinite is a hyperbole but it does mean that Subspace is universe-sized, just like Kirby's infinite stomach is also universe-sized.
  • It wasn't going send infinite space-time, just space.
    • He wasn't going to do it by himself
  • Confirm your lie made me reread the trophy. It just says "It's capable of infinitely rending space", which is super hyperbole-ish and unreliable.
  • We only saw Tabuu reconstructing space, limited space.
  • Being an embodiment of something doesn't mean you can destroy the thing you embody. You can read it in a dictionary or see dozens of examples in fiction where this isn't the case.

Any idea what Dharkon's attack where it slams its tentacles and creates a Red Rift does? It doesn't seem to damage and I think it slows the player down when their in it but I think it has another effect but I can't find good footage of it?

Everything12 said:
Any idea what Dharkon's attack where it slams its tentacles and creates a Red Rift does? It doesn't seem to damage and I think it slows the player down when their in it but I think it has another effect but I can't find good footage of it?
I don't think it as another effect, I never saw this attack doing anything else than slowing the player too.

After looking at multiple videos of the fight I have to agree with you, anyway I've now made what seems to be a complete list of all of Galeem's and Dharkon's moves, though the names and descriptions I gave them suck.

Darkhon/Galeem's spirit effect count as a capacity of them by the way? Since it's only unlockable after finishing World of Light, I don't really know.

Galeem is insanely high on the low 2C scale.I wonder who will be a nice match for the charecter once he has a profile

I just unlocked the second half of the map a little while ago, mainly because I've been trying to complete every spirit battle. Which seem to range from very easy to almost entirely reliant on RNG (looking at you, Pauline).

I've also found myself mostly using Kirby for almost everything (I play him a lot, anyway), switching to others when he just doesn't cut it.

Oh, I encountered Pauline, but after seeing the level of the spirit, I was like "nope nope nope nope".

I used Kirby until I found Sheik, and I change every time I get a new Zelda character, unless the opponent is too strong, then I use Kirby who's seriously OP in this game (at least for me).

Pauline's fight is terrible and so reliant on just when and where certain items spawn that I went from trying repeatedly with Kirby and Captain Falcon to winning on accident with Bowser.

Definitely my least favorite of the higher-level spirit fights, so far.

I've exclusively been using Donkey Kong since I got him and I have no intention of using any other character until I get Richter and Sonic.

I had to spam Kirby's cut move in order to win against Wool Yoshi and star rod Kirby. Those two fights were a pain and the reason I decided to not repeat that same experience.

Also, going from Sheik to Link was a pretty big downgrade lol

I won the Kracko spirit battle by complete accident

I was so close to falling to my death but Triple D just happened to fall down first

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I think we should probably delete the last 200 or so years of history, just to be sure.
**** it. Let's delete all of it, and start over.

@Eficiente

Will you also be doing Dharkon's profile or will someone else have to do it?

I used that trick to unlock everyone fast, so I've got everyone avalible and have been playing with my brother basically all day. So far, I've been most into Dark Samus, Young Link, Snake, Wolf, Cloud, Bayonetta, and Shiek.

Oh yeah, Sonic seems really good too.

Once again I'd like to bring up the fact that there is a huge discussion regarding the validity of Master Hand's Low 2-C ranking and it hasn't been concluded yet.

Anyone unhappy with how their character from previous games ended up? I am. They ruined Luigi for me.

His grab now is pretty bad. Very slow, very punishable, not even a good ZAir. His old grab was his bread and butter. Combined with jab, Nair, fireball and occasionally some other stuff like tornado, it really made his neutral. Quick, but with a decent range, able to lead into 40+ damage combos if you knew what you were doing, could 50/50 into kills, old grab was great and a constant pressure on the opponent to not get into close range and theow out something punishable. Missing one wasn't too terrible either. While good enough people would capitalize, many wouldn't, and some characters were too slow. While the combos are still there, the grab is just so slow now and the extra range is just not worth it. Combined with weaker shields (which I actually like), his neutral suffers quite a bit.

They also seem to have destroyed tornado. It was so versatile. Approach, poking and punishing, combos, a ridiculous gimp, 50/50s, I think there was a kill confirm, and of course, recovery. It's a third jump on it's own, and you could really fly if you jumped and did it. New tornado barely moves and doesn't kill at 100ish like the old one could. It also feels significantly harder to link into off of other moves. It doesn't even get any decent height, though his actual up b seems to go further. I get that some of the stuff like down throw into unavoidable tornado kill and just the move in general with regards to edgeguarding was just dumb, but I feel like they went too far in nerfing it here and it now just feels awful.

Lugi was my favorite character in 4. While I could do better on cloud and bayo, Luigi was still easily my best non cheese character and I was still pretty good at him. I could probably beat myself on bayo and cloud as my Luigi, for example. Now in this game though, Mario just seems better in every way, and I don't really have a reason to play Luigi when young link has similarly ridiculous combos (I got 90% off a bomb lmao) with other benefits like better projectiles and a sword, Bayonetta herself is still very good and fun to play as, and he just can't do much now that his brother can't do better.

@Uselessnoob245

What you have as Summoning on Dharkon's profile Gallem has as Duplication: Duplication (Able to create duplicates of the Smash fighters in combat to assist him).

Also, neither of the profiles have Light or Darkness Manipulation.

Master Hand and Crazy Hand should get new abilities since they have new attacks.

Manifest black holes or mini mirrors for reflection, Teleportation, Throw rings, energy/fire spheres, spikes or the ones that releases colored ink, Extend the finger [Crazy can freeze], Stun with Sunlight and etc. Here are a few.

I dunno, I'm a Mr. Game & Watch possessed by M. Bison, Gyarados and Twintelle fighting a bunch of Pichus possessed by Pikmins. Shit happens.

Back