• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Smash Bros Discussion Thread

I hope King K Rool has Kaptain K Rool as one of his color/outfits. Anyway, Simon Belmont is bae; wanted him in the game for a long time. Also, example of a meme pick would be Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton appearing in the game.

As the guy who is competitive at this game, I still love how they use meter now instead of that stupid balls. The new training area is quite cool, and Sakurai is embracing his competitive fan base. I'm really excited for this.

Why would it be 5-B if Skull Kid is included in the animation? We can't scale the moon drop in Smash Ultimate to the one in Majora's Mask.

Could mean that, but it's better to wait for Ultimate before deciding on anything.

Anyway, what other newcomers does everyone expect and want? And how about that mysterious blurred out mode they teased, it apparently has something to do with spirits.

I'm just waiting for poor Vaati. He didn't make it to HW because Capcom also had rights about the character, but Capcom is already collaborating here, so I'm hoping.

I mean, if Rex is in the game, Pyra automatically makes an appearance. She's his weapon after all. ovo

I honestly don't like Rex all that much, by Pyra would be great. But as Dragon said, Rex and Pyra would most likely appear as the same character spot since their Driver and Blade.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I honestly don't like Rex all that much, by Pyra would be great. But as Dragon said, Rex and Pyra would most likely appear as the same character spot since their Driver and Blade.
Thems fightin' words. ovo

@DragonMaster, I mean, of course Xenoblade 2 is a fantastic game; with all the side quests and everything. But tbh, it's one of those stories where the main character is overshadowed by all the other characters. Zeke and Pandora who are humorous, Tora and Poppi who are lovable, Morag and Brighid who are badasses, Nia while kind of a jerk early on, but has her share of both funny dialogue and heartwarming scenes, and Pyra/Mythra/Pneuma who's Bae, but Rex is just kinda bland.

I feel the same way about the villains pretty much. Mikhail is quite humorous, Patroka has quite a bit of emotion, Ahkos is the brains and a really likable personality, Jin is an absolute badass, but Malos is kind of a generic villain who once to destroy everything just because.

I found Rex to mostly take the role of stiching everyone together. Also, just because something is generic doesn't mean it's bad. Rex I found to just be a fun character. Not only that, he felt like this "average Joe" who was put into this crazy situation. Meanwhile the others were use to the crazy and chaotic circumstances. More or less, his normalcy stuck with me. I mean I like Marag and especially Zeke better, but Rex is still pretty up there. I mean, anyone is better than Amalthus (I get his whole deal, but I ******* despise him)

Malos bored me. I agree on that.

I wasn't necessary saying Rex was bad, just that I feel everyone is superior to him character development wise; he's just okay IMO. Truth be told, Shulk actually had similar problems, but his Heroism and Determination more than make up for his "Cliches". Rex on the other hand was not only cliche, and being childish doesn't really make someone a bad character, but he's still kind of a wimp compared to the rest of the cast. He pretty much overreacts when he loses a fight and is always seems to need another character; often Pyra but sometimes, Zeke, Morag, Nia, or Poppi to carry him over.

Oh yeah, I forgot Amalthus sucked; he was just a 2nd Malos who came out of nowhere and a short lived antagonist. But hey, at least he got what he deserved when Jin froze him to AZ. Also excited for DLC chapter coming next month featuring Jin, Mythra and Brighid with their original drivers.

I don't really remember him overreacting to when he lost. The only time he got real down in the dumps was when Vandham died and Pyra got taken away. The latter hurting him the most and the latter being very reasonable. And of course he needs Pyra, canonically she is like his only blade (generic blades don't exist for main characters). Also I don't remember this all being that frequent honestly. Plus, Rex had similar heroism and determination, but realistically felt down at time. But he also consistently looked on the bright side and kept an open mind. The end of XC2 shows this.

Amalthus is the reason Malos was like he was. If Rex awakened Malos, he would've been like Pyra. Also that giant form he had came outta nowhere lol.

There was also the time Fan/Haze died. And yeah, it was reasonable when Vangdam died, but he was literally about to "Give Up" when Pyra got taken away. Nia had to give him a good slap to the face and Poppi had to express her feelings; both of those sound more like reasons to love Nia and Poppi respectively. And I mean, Rex did have his share of heroism, but not quite the level of Shulk's. Shulk even died and rose from the dead naturally; Pyra on the other hand was the one who brought Rex from the dead.

And yeah, Amalthus is just a dick. Even though he seemingly changed, that was all just an act. His Giant form and his ability to control Titans both came out of no where.

I mean that was a big loss for Rex, we can't expect everyone to react the same way to their blade who shares their life force getting stolen AFTER they were completely curbstomped by the opposition. That is actually a realistic reaction and shows that Rex is not the perfect hero and that he has weaknesses. It's thanks to his teammates that he got back up, and it's thanks to him that they even care enough to show support. Also that death example is by no means a fair example. Not everyone has resurrection powers. We can't go to every hero and say "Shulk can back from the dead on his own, meanwhile this guys needed outside help to comeback", especially when at that time, Rex has no special powers or anything. He was literally just a 15 year old boy with a plain sword.

Just give me my boy Marx he would be the most unique fighter in the game, also the Annoying Dog would be a better character to add then anyone else in Undertale

Shovel Knight: Over 2 million copies sold

Terraria: Over 20 million copies sold

Pls add the Eye of Cthulhu as an Assist trophy Sakurai

I'm not gonna generalize the whole fanbase but damn some salty Ashley fans are acting INSANELY toxic. Far worse than any Waluigi fanboy.

IKR calling Castlevania a dead franchise is one thing but saying you'd literally kill Sakurai?

That's just wrong

Back