• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not going to delete Mario just because it is inconsistent. There are a lot of verses more inconsistent and we'll just do what we do with those. Remove the outliers and rate it at a reasonably consistent scale, whatever that ends up being. Of course, this will need some digging for feats and discussion. That's why I think we should just focus on collecting feats for now.

I remember reading that thread which upgraded Mario to 2-C in the first place, and it was literally around 60 people voting in favor of it, while Matthew Schroeder was literally the only non-staff person voting against it. The one staff member voting against it was Eficiente.

The fact that Matt was really the only voice of reason in that whole affair, and that the 60+ voters were almost certainly doing so to **** with Matt (with thread mods @JustSomeWeirdo and @The_Wright_Way telling him to "cope"), was telling in and of itself. Consensus isn't meaningful when the basis for the consensus itself is invalid, and when the consensus itself is made to childishly "dunk on" (if not even harass) some guy you hate.

Suffice to say, I agree with the downgrades. We should probably also revise the way we consider voting here, especially if it leads to us accepting supposed feats and/or feat justifications that used to be thoroughly refuted just months or even weeks before.

Edit: it was around 60, not 70, actually.

Last edited:
The fact that Matt was really the only voice of reason in that whole affair, and that the 60+ voters were almost certainly doing so to **** with Matt (with thread mods @JustSomeWeirdo and @The_Wright_Way telling him to "cope"), was telling in and of itself. Consensus isn't meaningful when the basis for the consensus itself is invalid, and when the consensus itself is made to childishly "dunk on" (if not even harass) some guy you hate.
…D-did you not see what happened when the thread was more or less accepted? Or I should say what Matt was saying when it was more or less accepted?

…D-did you not see what happened when the thread was more or less accepted? Or I should say what Matt was saying when it was more or less accepted?
I saw that he made some crudely offensive jokes. I don't really care, since I'm certain there are worst statements made in you people's private discords, and especially because people in that thread clearly had it out for Matt. And also because that has nothing to do with arguing over whether Mario is universal or not.

Oh hey that's me :)
Are you even going to apologize for your unprofessional behavior as a moderator?

I saw that he made some crudely offensive jokes. I don't really care, since I'm certain there are worst statements made in you people's private discords, and especially because people in that thread clearly had it out for Matt. And also because that has nothing to do with arguing over whether Mario is universal or not.
bold to assume I'm even in that server

Anyways, I only brought it up cause you were using that as a point to smear the people who agreed on the thread. Even if you don't care, that was unprofessional of he did in that thread. You can't just say "He was the only voice of reason" while ignoring the context of what he did and why the people reacted to it the way that they did. Also, no. No one to my knowledge had it out for Matt. If they did, then base Mario would've already been Uni+.

Anyways, I'm sorry for derailing and I promise that I won't do that again after this message, it's just I don't like it when people try to pull these types of things where they claim certain things but context says otherwise and it makes me want to call them out.

It's called a joke.
So like what Matt did. But you almost certainly wouldn't accept that.

how is saying "Cope" unprofessinoal
How is it not? It's clearly meant to antagonize and irritate, and @JustSomeWeirdo should apologize for that. He should indeed even be called out for it.

bold to assume I'm even in that server

Anyways, I only brought it up cause you were using that as a point to smear the people who agreed on the thread. Even if you don't care, that was unprofessional of he did in that thread. You can't just say "He was the only voice of reason" while ignoring the context of what he did and why the people reacted to it the way that they did. Also, no. No one to my knowledge had it out for Matt. If they did, then base Mario would've already been Uni+.

Anyways, I'm sorry for derailing and I promise that I won't do that again after this message, it's just I don't like it when people try to pull these types of things where they claim certain things but context says otherwise and it makes me want to call them out.
Where's the "smear"? I'm just relaying the facts here (hey that rhymes). You people wouldn't be voting 60-2 in favor of the exact same points that had been strongly refuted long ago if Matt hadn't tried to argue against it and motivated the people who hate him to try to spite-vote against him.

Back on topic, I'm ok with Mario being considered within the "stellar", even "galactic" categories of power, but "universal" is a hard "no" for me.

Yeah, unfortunately 4-A is likely not being used. Granted, I personally believe Mario does scale from Grand Stars and Bowser was using enough power to almost kill them so I'd say that as a supporting thing would work since most of a galactic power (even though the Grand Star thing effecting multiple Galaxies and is clearly a 3-B feat at the very least) would likely be 4-A, along with Power Stars scaling from Lumas.

There are also definitely a ton of things that need to be calculated. A ton of feats that should get looked into. This might take a while.

Last edited:
Oh I completely forgot. Without guide statements there's actually nothing within the games showing Grand Stars are insanely more powerful to thr point of Power Stars not being comparable. In fact Grand Stars add the same amount to the counter that Power Stars do and only enable travel to a single galaxy like Power Stars and Grand Stars are frequently included as Power Stars too. Bosses have even shown to use Grand Stars or Power Stars in place of each other.

And again, I don’t get why a feat being gag is a problem. It’s made for fun? Cool. It still happened
Agree a bit. Not every gag should be treated as an outlier.

Lemme show an example of a big gag feat.
A few weeks ago i made revisions to Clash of clans, one of the biggest being a feat where a dragon burned the moon down right before the end of the episode. The moon is still there in later episodes and it was clearly meant to not be taken seriously, it was never canonically acknowledged. That is an unusable gag feat especially considering CoC is like 8-B 8-A.

When it comes to mario, some are definitely unusable, but not all of them. If it's heavily out of context, never acknowledged in any way, meant as an effect or a joke, then we should have it as a gag. If not, then it should be treated properly.

Saying all gag feats are illegitimate in a comedic series like Mario is like saying Tom & Jerry are only 10-C because them surviving bombs is a gag

Because it has no reason not to? It uses the same symbols for all of them? He's used that sane amping magic on many bosses?
The creation feat page specifically says one needs to prove the creation feat (which this is since it created a Star) ties into the rest of the users magic like a energy source (like a Mana supply or something), it being “the same symbols” is not enough

Oh, but sparkles are enough for another enemy. Sure.

He uses the same wand with magic that all looks similar. He uses the exact same magic he used on Raphael on other bosses.

Oh, but sparkles are enough for another enemy. Sure.
This literally isn’t the same thing but okay, hell it’s irrelevant to why the feat got removed even

He uses the same wand with magic that all looks similar. He uses tge exact same magic he used on Raphael on other bosses.
I just told you “they look similar” isn’t some proof of a universal power source, most magic in media looks similar even without a Magic system

Except it comes from his wand. It's magic. The same magic he used on othet bosses. Why would the literal same magic spell be weaker for no reason before and after the feat?
Just because Mr Wizard 105892395 has sparkles on his wand before every spell doesn’t make his Storm creation scale to his fireballs, a creation feat has standards

Really, if Kamek’s line about a Twinkle in the heaven’s is to be taken literally, sounds like he’s aiming for some sort of Star Transmutation to imprison Yoshi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back