• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So i just searching Paper Mario wiki and found Paperize. Just time stop and possibly dimensional manipulation though.

And i found dimensions in Super Paper Mario include 2d and 3d. But take that as a grain of salt.

Mm… miiight be kind of dubious. I’d recommend just calcing some lower end calcs just in case. Especially since the verse is kind of just… absolutely f’d in terms of travel speed. Like for all we know, Mario could be subsonic because all the profile shows is his combat speed.
I forgot that Mario outpaces cosmic Mario, which is an entity created by a power star comet. It’s not the actual essence of the power star, but it is created by the star as a test of speed, might be worth considering.

I forgot that Mario outpaces cosmic Mario, which is an entity created by a power star comet. It’s not the actual essence of the power star, but it is created by the star as a test of speed, might be worth considering.
Ehh... kinda iffy.

Regardless, I think Massively Hypersonic travel speed Mario is concrete.

Tried to play Paper Mario: Color Splash again today.

It sucks.

It's the worst Mario game to ever exist before or since.

The only thing keeping me from leaping upon Shigeru Miyamoto like a banshee is the fact it gives Paper Mario some pretty good feats.

Yeah, you gotta use the fire extinguisher thing when he lights his hammer on fire.

I’ll admit the bosses are the worst part of the game, just look up a guide on what things to use. Like you’re never gonna figure out to use the camera on Wendy during her ring attack on your own.

For those unable to check the link (No offense meant.), here's a copy-paste of the text:
"Join us tomorrow, August 19 at 3pm PT, for a tour of the Nintendo Museum that’s scheduled to open during the fall of 2024 in Kyoto, Japan! The Nintendo Museum Direct livestream will last roughly 10 minutes. #NintendoDirectWatch here: https://ninten.do/6015lvBvh"

From a follow-up Tweet, less than a minute later: "Please note that there will be no game announcements or mention of the Nintendo Switch successor during this presentation."

A-All news is good news, right?
At least this way, we won't have to worry about them getting our hopes up for something, right?

But seriously, I can't imagine this as anything more than a glorified ad for a tourist trap & merchandise store, as well as just an intellectual property bragging zone.

Also, as a Pokemon fan, this after Worlds 2024 lead with an announcement on Friday of news in its Closing Ceremonies on Sunday... & the news was just TCG stuff, mobile games & Pokemon Pocket (Mobile pack opening simulator).... Is Nintendo trying to one-up TPCi in disappointment? I have a heard controversy sells & stuf....

Also, wow I just realized I'm late to this news; The Museum Tour "Direct" is at 3 PM PT, & 3 PM PT is in just over 3 hours from now!

Should we focus on making as many profiles as we can, or upgrading the Mario verse as high as we can?
both-is.gif

This curiousity of mine came up recently elsewhere about Kamek's Transmutation:
Apologies for asking all of a sudden, but what non-objects have been Transmuted by Kamek's magic blasts?

Also, I'm inclined to tentatively vote for NoLegs currently.
Nolegs is advancing already but to answer your question here's an example of his magic directly turning someone into an object.
Perhaps we should discuss that in the Mario General Discussion Thread; That feat can be done on Mario Party player characters, IIRC, & those would have Resistance, from what I recall reading in this thread, which seems like it could be concerning, no?
One could probably argue that Kamek's transmision is layered but that can be discussed in the general thread.

So, how should we go about this matter?

Nintendo is now being harsher on videos that repost things like tournaments, gameplay sequences, trailers, etc. without "creative or editorial" input.

Why I think this concerns us is that this hurts videos that upload, like, hours of uncommented gameplay, which might start disappearing in the future.
Those videos are very valuable for sourcing feats & stuff.

Nintendo is now being harsher on videos that repost things like tournaments, gameplay sequences, trailers, etc. without "creative or editorial" input.

Why I think this concerns us is that this hurts videos that upload, like, hours of uncommented gameplay, which might start disappearing in the future.

Yeah, we'd probably need to use lets plays ☠

Is there no Kirby or Zelda thread?
Huh.

typical nintendo being typical nintendo

More new info.

Also, I just wanna say, I think that seeing Mario & Peach finish in the castle together while Pauline & Ninji have to watch as losers in the background like they are is kind of cathartic.

I also love how extra Mario Party animations are. Find someone IRL who leaps into the air & somersaults, or gasps in delight when they win like they can't even believe it, &/or slumps to the floor in dejection or covers their face in shame when they lose.

Similar to The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom, select people are now getting to play limited amounts of Super Mario Party Jamboree! Nintendo Life was also able to include footage from it in that video of theirs, although, as they warned, they're not allowed to show everything, so some of the video had to be filled with trailer stuff.

Cursed Dice are now Creepy Dice.
There's now a version of it that affects ALL YOUR OPPONENTS at once! Super Creepy Dice!
& they're sold for 3 coins & 5 coins respectively at Kamek's shop.

5 coins for an item that limits all your opponents to 1 to 3 on their next roll?!
Did the localizers just not like the term "Cursed" anymore, lol? Did the original Japanese name change?

For some reason, Bowser has a purple, kinda sparkly glow in his Mini-Games. IMHO, though, it looks kinda cool, even if it is weird.
Apparently, this is because Bowser is playable, & the one in the Mini-Games is Impostor Bowser! I wonder if it'll be a disguised fodder? Fodder feats?

There's a supporting reactions feat for the playable fodder in a Mini-Game where you have to drive a vehicle & collect coins & dodge groups of Amps.
Just in case they lack anything better.

The Crane Game from MP4 returns, & is easier for the 1, whereas in 4 it was easier for the 3.

There's a Mode/Mini-Game where Bowser stomps around a town while the players get stuff from crates & load bombs into cannons! I think that's real neat! Big Chargin' Chucks are also present in it.
Bowser's Kaboom Squad it's called, apparently. 8 player co-op. The Bowser in it is Impostor Bowser!
Apparently at the end, the 8 players get Star Power to use Motion Controls to beat up Impostor Bowser? Not clear. No footage, just 1 of the NL players reciting their experience.

There's also some kind of Ally system during the "Home Stretch" (Last 5 Turns?). The game seems to imply Ally's let you do things twice, like buying Stars twice. Allies also have special pre-roll effects, but NL were ain't able to test it.
DK is seemingly a special ally, glowing gold, & having his own Mini-Game. There's also a benefit in it to a player with advantage (Given for initiating the Mini-Game.) to make it easier for them.

Apparently, Allies, or rather, Jamboree Buddies, can be taken by being walked past or something?

Oh & there's also a seemingly board-specific item, the Wiggler Bell, which lets you "Have Mega Wiggler move to the opposite side.". Kinda neat, I guess.

Last edited:
I know; when you compare it to the Sonic thread it’s like night and day.

DK being an ally gives me MP8 vibes, which is good cuz I love that game.

Uncommentated new gameplay. Gonna go over it in a bit.
(Also, where is all the activity?)

When spining the Bad Luck Wheel/Roulette, the character now appears to face it.

So is it in-universe? Fourth Wall Awareness for seeing the menu?
Also, if you're in last & roll "Give 3 coins to Last Place", you give 3 to 3rd Place instead.

There are multiple shops now -1 run by Kamek/a Magikoopa, & another run by a friendly Koopa Troopa-, & there's a new item called a Shop Hop Box. Guess Toad & Koopa Kid/Baby Bowser were busy.
Does this mean no playable Kamek?

There appears to be an Event/Happening Space where a player rings a bell, which wakes Mega Wiggler, presumably so that MW will move.

Mini-Games, at least for Bonus ones, have the stakes for winning or losing them shown before they start.

Of all things, the game seemed to lag during a reused basketball Minigame from MP4. Huh???

I'm not sure why, but at about 7:30 Ninji's dice block appears to charge with power such before being hit?

Characters have their own specific jingles to indicate when their turn starts!

There's a new item, Payday Double Dice, Double Dice which give coins equal to the roll!

There appears to be some kind of one-time trap space feature that can let a player steal a Star?

Kamek (or a Magikoopa?) seems to be one who summons Impostor Bowser, who comes out of a big portal that Kamek (or a Magikoopa.) makes.

There are playable & enemy Spikes, & Spike can survive being impacted by a downhill rolling spiked log, although it sends Spike tumbling down backwards with invulnerability frames, lol. Sorry. It's just that personally, I think it looks hilarious.

Impostor Bowser seems to emanate Kamek's magic shapes, & when landing in town at the start of Bowser's Kaboom Squad, he displaces several large (Like, at least a couple of meters long pieces of brick/stone.) from around him in a cloud of dust.

Wiggler has a rhythm-based, 8-player marching Mini-Game. 2 out of the 8 players got Perfect, which got a Rank C, which was considered a loss, with the subtitle "No Items". Probably a bonus mode thing.

There's an 8-Player "Look the same way" Mini-Game... & when 1 player (Birdo) got the wrong direction, all of the characters looked dismayed. Very strict, low room for error? Sounds like griefing's gonna be awful for those Mini-Games.

Items include stuff like a Dash Panel to place on the board for everyone to go faster, a Hammer for breaking crates & increasing hit strength, & a 2 hearts item that wasn't hovered over & which not many players chose, nor did the footage check the description of.

Impostor Bowser, after receiving enough damage, releases a Super Star, which gives the 8 players that rainbow glow of invincibility/invulnerability & the associated music for that state.
The players are then prompted to "mash punch", as Impostor Bowser stands several meters away, hunched over, catching his breath.

Impact blows appear on his body, & Impostor Bowser will put his arms up in a guarding stance. Once his guard is broken, he'll breath fire on the group.
Curiously this can happen before a purple timer on screen runs out; Does it mean there's a time limit to break his guard?

Sadly, the video stops there, before his fire breath hits. Which is an extra painful video stopping point because the implication might be that Impostor Bowser can harm the 8 players granted invincibility by the Star he yielded.
Is it because it's split among 8?

This is gonna be fun for Star Scalers, lol.

Also, do we count their ability to remotely punch as just a censorship thing -It's an all ages game, IIRC, so they probably don't wanna show direct contact punching.- or a new ability of being invincibilly Star Powered?

Last edited:
Kind of off-topic, but....

It's a shame about the tiering gap, considering at some point, I bet Bill started REALLY hating twins.
Did Book of Bill ever bring up anything of that sort?

Back