• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay looking at the blog for Yoshi, Yoshi might is weird from what I read the Yoshi in Yoshi's Story is different from Yoshi in Yoshi's island, and we seem to assume Yoshi is the one born at the end of Yoshi's Island DS. The assume Yoshi can use the items the rest of their species is reasonable but might be worth clarifying, Yoshi in Yoshi's Crafted World is seemingly a toy in the mushroom kingdom and Yoshi's Woolly seems to be separate as well but it the same sentence confirming this contradicts other information. This might also be worth noting to explain why they are not included. (both probably get 10-C stats assuming we use the stop motion scenes as a benchmark for Yarn Yoshi since there's nothing else if a page is made for them) Other than that there is This for some reason and it is technically relevant be because black Yoshi getting more horizontal distance from a flutter jump while super happy and explosive eggs in Mario Kart GP DX.

Donkey Kong may or may not be Donkey Kong Jr (as such I'll probably try to make a list of power and abilities for Donkey Kong Jr and a note to explain the situation myself. Donkey Kong 94/game boy makes this slightly more confusing but that seems to Cranky Kong wearing the tie given it came out earlier in the year than Donkey Kong Country and is contradictory to either explanation of Donkey Kong's relationship with Donkey Kong Jr) Other than that I can try looking at the bosses in all the Mario vs Donkey Kong games.

Peach, Psych bomb should not be equipment it is just a spell, in super Mario kart her CPU has infinite mini mushrooms, can break a seal, and she also has stars.

Donkey Kong may or may not be Donkey Kong Jr (as such I'll probably try to make a list of power and abilities for Donkey Kong Jr and a note to explain the situation myself. Donkey Kong 94/game boy makes this slightly more confusing but that seems to Cranky Kong wearing the tie given it came out earlier in the year than Donkey Kong Country and is contradictory to either explanation of Donkey Kong's relationship with Donkey Kong Jr) Other than that I can try looking at the bosses in all the Mario vs Donkey Kong games.

I'm aware, I've mainly started from Donkey Kong Country and plan to work my way down the list

I also separated his P&A tabbers into Dk series and Mario series

Donkey Kong Jr:
Acrobatics I chose this clip because the only jump that might be higher is in the original game & Watch games
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, can stomp Goombas
Size Manipulation, has mushrooms that shrinks Mario temporarily he might also resist their effects given he throws them at Mario these might be poison mushrooms but I can't find an official source confirming this.
Flight, follows Mario's helicopter with a parasol and in the Game & Watch Gallery 2 game parachute he has a parachute
He has an infinite amount of banana peels as a CPU in Super Mario Kart also him being a playable character is Vehicular Mastery I guess oh and possibly acrobatics for the Kart itself as several sources claim that CPUs basically have infinite feathers.

Items: This and this

In other news baby DK can bubble

he isn't, recent games suggest DK is just Cranky's grandson, who is the original DK

saying current DK is DK Jr. wouldn't make sense
the topic has shown previously to be subject to change I as such I assumed that indexing them as possibly abilities due to the issue would be a reasonable solution but you do have a point.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis
the first boss causes barbells and barrels to fall from above but I am pretty sure they might already be around.
the second boss he drops bananas that can destroy mini marios
the third he doesn't even attack
fourth spiked balls drop but they seem to be a result of him slamming the platform
fifth his slams cause fire balls and water drops to fall not sure this is a power
sixth is nothing new
seventh the sheet might be something
eighth he doesn't do anything
ninth nothing new
tenth doesn't do anything
final summons spiked springs I guess

Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! Provides nothing new from what I sall
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!
First boss nothing new
Second boss nothing new
Third boss still nothing
Fourth boss probably something but no idea what tho
Fifth boss nothing
Sixth boss nothing
Seventh boss nothing
Eighth boss nothing
Final boss can launch missiles from nowhere and throw spiked balls held up by propellers
none of the plus fights have new powers
Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move has him help run the carnival and not much else nothing new the same is true for Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars

Last edited:
Mario party: The first game doesn't have normal items but thanks to the mushroom shop it has blocks that randomly replace the normal dice block, the speed and slow blocks are irrelevant but the plus and minus block give and take coins respectively and the warp block swaps the user and another character's positions.
After fusing the stars create several large lit candles, creation and fire manipulation
A group of stars stop a bunch of whirlpools and make a bridge, water manipulation
After fusing and launching out of a cannon the stars seem to create a firework show, explosion manipulation
After fusing the stars create several rainbows one of which is walked on, platform creation and more light manipulation
After fusing the stars undo the destruction of Eternal Star, reconstruction

So the Game Mechanics page says: In-game, Mario can get knocked out by a Goomba in a few hits and cannot even dent Thwomps without the use of invincibility stars. But in canon, Mario has the strength to effortlessly lift an entire fortress containing entire armies of Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Thwomps, etcetera, and he can toss them all off the screen. And he can also crush the same castles thus one-shotting all of them just by jumping on it.

The problem is the castles referenced are Morton's and Larry's. The former contains only 3 known Thwomps and no known Koopa Troopas or Goomba, and the latter contains none of them normally but does have a magickoopa that can create Koopa Troopas. There is also the fact they rise a white flag in the former's case which they might also due in the latter case but it's off screen

So the Game Mechanics page says: In-game, Mario can get knocked out by a Goomba in a few hits and cannot even dent Thwomps without the use of invincibility stars. But in canon, Mario has the strength to effortlessly lift an entire fortress containing entire armies of Goombas, Koopa Troopas, Thwomps, etcetera, and he can toss them all off the screen. And he can also crush the same castles thus one-shotting all of them just by jumping on it.

The problem is the castles referenced are Morton's and Larry's. The former contains only 3 known Thwomps and no known Koopa Troopas or Goomba, and the latter contains none of them normally but does have a magickoopa that can create Koopa Troopas. There is also the fact they rise a white flag in the former's case which they might also due in the latter case but it's off screen
So I brought this up in the all purpose request thread

Back