• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
HE WILL RETURN IN GLORIOUS HD

FzJ-9xeWcAAIsln

All hail the Big Yoshungus!

Princess Peach is also getting a new solo game! Woo! After how Super Princess Peach just got ignored with the years, this is a nice surprise.

Crossing my fingers that the Four Stooges of the Apocalypse at Squeenix don't mess around with the Mario RPG Remake.

All hail the Big Yoshungus!

Princess Peach is also getting a new solo game! Woo! After how Super Princess Peach just got ignored with the years, this is a nice surprise.

Crossing my fingers that the Four Stooges of the Apocalypse at Squeenix don't mess around with the Mario RPG Remake.
Who're they?

Also, it might already be too late. You can see in the trailer that the battle system has some kind of "Chain" Counter that increments when hits are landed. Was that in the original SMRPG?
HE WILL RETURN IN GLORIOUS HD

FzJ-9xeWcAAIsln
I forget, what'd this Yoshi do?

So, has anyone noticed that we were shown a little bit of how the flowers work in the SMBW trailer?

0:25 When Mario touches the pink buds/bulbs, coins are sent flying out ahead & released.

0:41 When Mario touches the blue bud/bulb, it triggers all the pipes -Some of which are already spouting water- to rise up, & seemingly, the Blue "Wonder Flower" to spawn.

1:22 1 of the blue ones is visible, rightwards & upwards from Mario, before the title covers it. Mario after stopping, visibly looks upwards, with his mouth agape, as though interested. So, is this automatic -Like how Link or Pokemon Trainers may look towards objects of interest, such as items or signs, in gameplay, when idle?- or is it manual, like how Mario/Luigi would look upwards if you tilted the control stick up while on the ground in Super Mario World?
Obviously, the trailer is doing it to have some fun by having Mario look at the title on-screen, but it's gameplay footage, & if it's automatic, that'd suggest the buds/bulbs are objects of significance to Mario.

1:45 Maybe not very relevant, depending on how relevant Wonder Seeds themselves are, but the video at this point shows a Wonder Seed that's invisible while there's light, & glows bright with light while it's dark.

1:54 Perhaps the most notable. When the Yellow Wonder Flower is touched, the landscape, both in the foreground & the background tilts, becoming slanted. The foreground appears to be snow-lined caves -Some kind of stone material?- & the background has giant gears & what are either trees or mountains that have multiple layers of snow on top of them.
It may be worth attempting to calc the Lifting Strength &/or AP for tilting that much mass, & maybe also try to determine the distance, as that'd establish a range for the "Wonder Land" effects.
This scene also isn't the first to show it, but it does more clearly show that when a Wonder Flower's effect is initiated, Mario & co. turn into glowing, coloured balls. Are these their souls? Are they being sent between parallel worlds?
AND the Yellow Wonder Flower itself, turns into some kind of flower-marked coin; The Blue Wonder Flower was not shown to do this.

1:59 The boss Mario throws a fireball at not only appears to have an aura similar to that the Wonder Flowers had, but if you zoom in before it enlarges, you can see that it resembles a Dark Bowser colouration version of Bowser Jr.! The enlarged monster's mouth even seems to be based off of the design on Bowser Jr.'s scarf or such!
Perhaps this is a dark &/or corruptive version of the "Wonder" effects?
Nonetheless, it's questionable if it was damaged by Mario's Fireballs, & it responds by making a noise & releasing an aura that radiates throughout the room, but unlike other Wonder Effects, doesn't seem to change the surroundings, only the size of the affected being & Mario.

2:06 As Mario & company land on the flagpole, we can see what look like a small amount of the left side of a structure of Bowser's fortresses; It appears to have a "Bowser horn", typical of such Koopa Troop fortifications. It also appears to glow briefly before the camera pans over, & as it does, it dissolves into many particles, & becomes some kind of... Flower Kingdom Toad House? BUD-dy Toad? Flower Toad? Considering the preceding parts of the area in this segment appear to have been affected by a "Wonder" effect, & they are rewarded with what seem to be Wonder Seeds, this may be related to the useage of the Wonder Flower. (Or is it for landing atop the Flag Pole?)
Nonetheless, the building was transmuted, & considering it's dubious if there was ever such a "Flower Toad"/"Buddy" in there, at least 1 inhabitant, such as from Bowser's Forces, may also have been similarly altered. Considering said being then hands out Wonder Seeds, well....

It seems fitting, yet disturbing in a way; Using the Wonder Flowers may lead to the propagation of Wonder Seeds, even if that means the alteration of other things.
@Imaginym wanted to compare notes. So I'm sending what I gathered from Mario Wonder at their request
I presume you mean for this to only apply while Mario is under a "Wonder" Effect, such as from a "Wonder Flower"?
Elasticity? Body Control? Size Manipulation? Maybe some of those are limited in some capacity?
Transmutation? Transformation? Shapeshifting?
Isn't that just Enhanced Senses? Also, eyes being visible in the dark doesn't mean he can see better than average in the dark, so what's the basis? Plus, a lot of cartoon characters have had their eyes visible in the dark, & I'd say this Mario is noticeably cartoon-inspired, perhaps more so than previous versions.

If Darkness Manipulation were actually being used, maybe Resistance to Darkness Manipulation, but eh.... Resistance to Darkness for having your eyes visible when it goes Dark?
That's very Limited at best, IMHO. Surely he has a better way to get Resistance to that.
I'd say it's a solid instance of Limited Toon Force, though. Definitely worth adding to his repertoire of Toon Force abilities.
This may not entirely be their own capability.
If you pause at 1:50, you can see a sign with a parachute that has a cap with Mario's emblem for a top, implying this is a zone where the cap can be used like a parachute/hang-glider.
That is, this may just be something only done in that area.
I'm reminded of the Donkey Kong Country games. Didn't they have signs marking the beginning &/or end of areas, that transformed the player character to or from an Animal Buddy form?
That might be something that's just there for them to access on the map. At best, I'd call it Optional Equipment.
I recall Gusty Garden Galaxy; Couldn't Mario fly in a limited capacity there by grabbing onto giant dandelions/flowers?
Unsure if it's Animal Manipulation. I'd call it Transformation &/or Shapeshifting.
The Goomba does seem to get launched further away than an enemy might normally be from being hit by Mario, although it is notable that the animation shows Mario smacking it with his trunk, & there's even an impact visual effect.
Besides that it's fodder -& a Goomba which was sleeping, at that- this might be just increased Attack Potency, Striking Strength &/or Lifting Strength. Elephants are known for being big & tough, so Elephant Mario might just be bigger & tougher, similarly to such expectations.
Also. I should state that I'm not proposing anything yet, I'm sharing what I gathered and want to make a CRT for Mario Wonder when it comes out so then when it releases I can get more info.
That's good to know.

Hopefully this is useful, or at least appreciable.
Sorry if I was unhelpful, &/or unpleasantly critical or such.

Last edited:
It’ll be bad i fear
Nah, Hoops 3-On-3 was well received despite it being on the DS (which was infamous for it’s games abusing the stylus and the microphone). And Sports Mix only got mixed reviews at worst. I can see them getting good remakes in Super Mario Bros. Wonder graphics.

Nah, Hoops 3-On-3 was well received despite it being on the DS (which was infamous for it’s games abusing the stylus and the microphone). And Sports Mix only got mixed reviews at worst. I can see them getting good remakes in Super Mario Bros. Wonder graphics.
I was talking about how a 3o3 remake/remaster would be bad cause Nintendo been dropping the ball with the recent sports titles

Hey, is this on Mario &/or Peach's profile? & if not, why not?
The Mystery Egg is an item in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. It is obtained from the treasure-hunting Toad in the Moleville item shop for 200 coins. It is initially useless; however, it can be "hatched" into a Lamb's Lure by using it 10 times with Toadstool while equipped with a B'tub Ring. It must be used by Toadstool only. After the tenth time, a sheep hatches from the egg and says, "You're a great shepherd!" If used by someone other than Toadstool, the item buzzes, and the use count is reset to zero.

Lamb's Lure is an attack item in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. This item is obtained after using the Mystery Egg ten times. When used, a sheep appears on the screen and turns an enemy into a sheep itself. Then, both sheep fly past the top of the screen. This item cannot be used on bosses or other large enemies. Any enemies defeated this way do not grant any coins or experience points. When Lamb's Lure is used forty-eight times, it becomes a Sheep Attack, accompanied with text that reads "The flock is full!"

Sheep Attack is an attack item in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. It is obtained by using Lamb's Lure forty-eight times. When used, a group of sheep come down from the top of the screen, then fly around the screen, turning all enemies into sheep that fly off the top of the screen. Sheep Attack does not work on bosses and other large enemies. Any enemies defeated this way do not grant any coins or experience points.

what do ya expect

rarely anybody makes upgrade threads for the Mario Bros. verse, rather opting for downgrades 'cuz why not

not to mention the amount of L's they've been taking in match-ups during recent times, is a yikes

(With the Power Stars, Bowser was able to create the endless staircase in Peach's Castle that prevented Mario from traversing to the next floor, no matter how long he ran)

Where is it said or shown Bowser was using the Power Stars to do this? Afaik it's just his own magic that creates the endless staircase, especially when you take the DS version into account where even if you collected all 150 power stars Bowser still makes a spatial loop for anyone that isn't Mario. Recently got back to work on my Bowser revamp and I put spatial manipulation as one of his innate abilities instead of something via the stars so I wanted to double check.

hope you don't mind that I used a bit of your sandbox for reference to make my job easier
THIEF, YOU SHALL PAY FOR STEALING FROM MY SANDBOX

Yeah I tried to find anything to suggest the stars did it but yeah found nothing, think the fact that he actively uses the endless stairs on Luigi, Wario, and Yoshi in SM64DS even if every star is collected cements that it's just his own magic. And speaking of Bowser turns out the japanese version of dream team makes it way more explicit that he was gonna erase Mario and Luigi from existence with the dream stone, just waiting for the translation request thread to confirm it.

THIEF, YOU SHALL PAY FOR STEALING FROM MY SANDBOX

tis what us monkes do 🐒

Yeah I tried to find anything to suggest the stars did it but yeah found nothing, think the fact that he actively uses the endless stairs on Luigi, Wario, and Yoshi in SM64DS even if every star is collected cements that it's just his own magic. And speaking of Bowser turns out the japanese version of dream team makes it way more explicit that he was gonna erase Mario and Luigi from existence with the dream stone, just waiting for the translation request thread to confirm it.

ah, alright

*Purity Heart is essence of love to confront chaos. And is also called the only salvation for people and Tribe of Ancients believed to defeat and banish Chaos Heart.

Would that be enough for conceptual manipulation since Love is a concept?

*The void turn sammer kingdom into realm of nothingness.

Either void manipulation or Nep type 1 i hope so...

Also. I spoke about mario kun earlier. Well. I went to my local library and got the english version along with beserk. Ready to read it later today and will post updates on it https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1016437383442468986/1127369447993245706/IMG_4239.jpg
Nice. Have fun! A couple days ago I contacted Grezzo (the same company that remastered Luigi’s Mansion) about doing a Kid Icarus: Uprising remaster…

…which is totally related to Mario because Subspace Emissary exists.

Watching Zoom Zike's new video about Mario Party 7.

Some things on my mind as a result:

1. Cheep Cheeps have a feat via 1 of Grand Canal's Happening Spaces, where a character is launched off a tower that tilts, & 2 Cheep Cheeps, individually, in succession, squirt the character with water, launching them a great distance each time, in a pre-determined path across the board.
DK isn't playable in MP7, but Wario is, & he's known to weigh 140 kg.

I wonder if this would be a good AP or LS feat for Cheep Cheeps? LS via squirting water, lol? Might be good to get it calc'd, IDK.

2. Bowser, via standing on Pagoda Peak & jumping once -IIRC, to get in shape- during Pagoda Peak, can make the entire mountain shake. This can launch characters great distances. Notably, being at the shop gets you launched mostly horizontally to near the Start Space.

Also, Pagoda Peak's background suggests the mountain range, or what part of it they're on, is above the clouds. Of course, Bowser is doing the jump from atop the mountain, so the lower parts may not be affected.
Still, shaking that much mountain even a little, or at least, enough to launch people flying, might be notable, especially given earthquake standards.

3. I wish we had footage of all character animations using the Metal Mushroom. Would be good skill feats, although IDK we'd assume they only have that skill WITH the Metal Mushroom. (Also, MP7 Metal Mario pulls a baseball bat out of nowhere when countering a Bob-Omb Trap Orb; More Hammerspace. He can also defeat a Tweester -a living tornado- via ground pounding it. NPI? Negation of Elemental Intangibility?)

Back