• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread (New forum)

I will later. I have to handle my forum message wall last in my queue for practical reasons, as all of the messages are marked as read if I visit there.

The whole entire thread was a mess, so the mods thought it would be best to close it so it doesn’t become even more of a mess. Shouldn’t be that hard to understand.

As someone who read the whole thing through at once it was like the opposite of productive. Both sides had their own argument and both refused to see the other as valid which led to 2 whole pages of back and forth where the same things were said on repeat.

While I do agree it didn’t necessarily have to be closed, it wasn’t really productive either.

As someone who read the whole thing through at once it was like the opposite of productive. Both sides had their own argument and both refused to see the other as valid which led to 2 whole pages of back and forth where the same things were said on repeat.

While I do agree it didn’t necessarily have to be closed, it wasn’t really productive either.
Well I do saw the discussion as productive, and my point still stands in the thread, because what the wiki was doing was the opposite of ''accuracy'', and nobody gave arguments that proves it

Well I do saw the discussion as productive, and my point still stands in the thread, because what the wiki was doing was the opposite of ''accuracy'', and nobody gave arguments that proves it
Again, your argument is literally based on the argument of whatever or not soul exists or not and quite frankly, we not here to always apply irl logic to fictional settings which doesn’t always work as intended. Also aside from that, this isn’t even based on solely accuracy anymore than what is being used on assumptions which is baseless unto itself since we have no proof soul exist or don’t exist.

This is the part on where a logical contradiction occurs when it is simply dwells into the more speculative/theoretical situation rather than based on solid facts and do keep in mind, the entire discussion is legitimately based on opinions, not set in stone facts as it also has something to do with metaphysical stuff.

Again, your argument is literally based on the argument of whatever or not soul exists or not and quite frankly, we not here to always apply irl logic to fictional settings
Yeah, thats the argument, in the same way that we don't assume that all verses have ''Alchemy'' from FMA, because thats a thing only to FMA, and since Alchemy is not a proved thing, we cannot assume that it exist to all verses, different than Atoms, that are a real thing, so, obviously, Atoms exist in others verses
This is the part on where a logical contradiction occurs when it is simply dwells into the more speculative/theoretical situation rather than based on solid facts and do keep in mind, the entire discussion is legitimately based on opinions, not set in stone facts as it also has something to do with metaphysical stuff.
Different than others theoretical stuff, like what physics does, Souls does not have any short of evidence, it's purely baseless, it's not a thing that can be assumed to all verses, because it doesnt even have proofs to exist IRL, different than Atoms, its literally a baseless assumption with no evidence to backup outside of ''a lot of people belive''

Different than others theoretical stuff, like what physics does, Souls does not have any short of evidence, it's purely baseless, it's not a thing that can be assumed to all verses, because it doesnt even have proofs to exist IRL, different than Atoms
Using this logic, we might as well give the characters a resistance if not outright immunity to soul manipulation using that kind of assumption as quite frankly I don’t think this is good enough on its own as it legitimately been burden of proof on a verse saying all characters is soulless and doesn’t have a true “soul” per se.

The fact you still hinging on this sole interpretation is a bit frustrating.

Using this logic, we might as give the characters a resistance if not outright immunity to soul manipulation
Let's see, if a character from FMA can remove Alchemy from someone, but Alchemy is literally only from FMA and its not similar to others powers from others verses, why do we assume that Alchemy removal works in others characters? not even Verse Equalization covers it, so, all others characters that doesnt have similar powers to Alchemy literally have Immunity to Alchemy removal, because Alchemy doesnt exist in others verses, made up thing in a specific verse
I don’t think this is good enough on its own as it legitimately been burden of proof on a verse saying all characters is soulless and doesn’t have a true “soul” per se.
its burden of proof to your side, because Souls are philosophical/mythology thing, with no evidence to back up, just because a lot of people belive doesnt means that it exist, so, first you need to prove that Souls exist IRL, so, with that, we can assume that souls exist to all others verses unless stated otherwise, but since souls are not proven, this situation cannot happen

Guys, this isn't the place. Take it somewhere else or don't argue about it at all. Somewhere else preferably being your message walls or a Private Conversation.
the discussion was happening in the thread that was unfairly closed because some people didnt wanted to debate, except that they don't even need to comment in the thread, so, why even close it?
My thread was unfairly closed, if people dont like the topic, just dont comment in the thread, well, i want the thread open again

Back