• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Dry bones can't be permanently defeated in Super Mario RPG and can only be temporarily defeated with pure water and special attacks.
From the Mario wiki Dry bones page Puzzles & Dragons section:
Dry Bones' appear as enemies in Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition. While they mostly appear in tower and castle courses, they can also appear in the underground, ghost house, and volcanic courses. Dry Bones's main attribute is Fire, while its sub-attribute is Dark. As an enemy, a Dry Bones normally attacks every two turns, and it has the ability to blind the player to make it harder to see the Orbs that are present on the touch screen. As an ally, the Dry Bones's skill can change all Water and Wood Orbs into Fire Orbs, while its Awoken Skill boosts the HP stat for all team members by a small amount. The player can acquire a Dry Bones by transforming a Red Koopa Paratroopa using six Boo Mushrooms.

This probably something

so Status Effect Inducement (via blinding), not sure what to consider the orb switching (maybe Power Modification?), and Statistics Amplification (assuming the HP boost can be considered increasing durability)

I am unsure but it seems the orbs are the same ones from the actual canon of Puzzles & Dragons fused with Mario power ups so we can probably try asking it's supporters or look for an in-depth explanation of orbs somewhere

So I guess for now we just keep notes on Mario Puzzles & Dragons stuff and wait for it to be discussed or we could try having a general Mario crossover discussion thread and throw in the Olympic games if only to get discussion started

I am unsure but it seems the orbs are the same ones from the actual canon of Puzzles & Dragons fused with Mario power ups so we can probably try asking it's supporters or look for an in-depth explanation of orbs somewhere
A Puzzle and Dragons supporter you say? Well you're in luck because I'm basically the only one...

Yeah crossover rules might be a little finicky there, I'm not sure how we treat an entire power system being used in another universe...I'm unsure what things we can assume are the same and what needs more evidence.
so Status Effect Inducement (via blinding), not sure what to consider the orb switching (maybe Power Modification?), and Statistics Amplification (assuming the HP boost can be considered increasing durability)
For PAD we've so far treated it as Transmutation, since the page mentions the ability to transform energy beings counts for the power. It's just not offensively applicable.

Was thinking of making a vs thread for Bowser vs Ganondorf. Both versions of Ganondorf have the regen and a handful of abilities to make up for the sheer gap in AP, and Bowser being able to hit souls plus having stuff like sealing means he's not screwed over by the regen, so not exactly a stomp either way.

But I wanna know how to make the fight, dunno if giving Bowser optional equipment might make it too heavily skewed in his favour with the additional resistances making Ganondorfs win cons way more limited, dunno if I should use the original Ganondorf or the new one from Tears of the Kingdom that's just a different guy altogether for some reason, just wanted some thoughts on how to set it up.

Yeah crossover rules might be a little finicky there, I'm not sure how we treat an entire power system being used in another universe...I'm unsure what things we can assume are the same and what needs more evidence.
We can probably argue it's a canon crossover on the Mario side but we don't have anything the Puzzles & Dragons side to my knowledge so we could get stopped by that.

Was thinking of making a vs thread for Bowser vs Ganondorf. Both versions of Ganondorf have the regen and a handful of abilities to make up for the sheer gap in AP, and Bowser being able to hit souls plus having stuff like sealing means he's not screwed over by the regen, so not exactly a stomp either way.

But I wanna know how to make the fight, dunno if giving Bowser optional equipment might make it too heavily skewed in his favour with the additional resistances making Ganondorfs win cons way more limited, dunno if I should use the original Ganondorf or the new one from Tears of the Kingdom that's just a different guy altogether for some reason, just wanted some thoughts on how to set it up.
I mean what can og ganondorf do about being hit twice in a row once for the body and once for the soul

I mean what can og ganondorf do about being hit twice in a row once for the body and once for the soul
Regen quick enough the first time around, it takes a while for Ganondorfs soul to emerge in the open before he regenerates so when Bowser just destroys him in a single attack first time around I doubt he'll just stand there staring long enough before seeing Ganondorfs soul come out and attacking again. Although being honest I forgot how long it takes for his death hax to actually kick in (Had TOTK Ganondorf on my mind since his death hax is actually decently quick) so it's not that viable and I also forgot Bowser resists sealing. So his win cons are, uh, a lot more limited than I realized they were. Guess he could put Bowser to sleep provided Bowser has no optional equipment given to him.

Also not sure why you gotta single og Ganondorf out specfically for that, like, being hit twice would also do in the current Ganondorf too.

It's their special movement tech, it's just something they can do to move around with and without the ball. I think Strikers Charged also gives them lightning powers.

We can probably argue it's a canon crossover on the Mario side but we don't have anything the Puzzles & Dragons side to my knowledge so we could get stopped by that.
That's kinda what I meant, yeah.

I know the wiki generally treats most Mario stuff as being canon to our 'Main' Mario profile, so I'm pretty confident using the PAD crossover will end up being fine, especially how it's presented in-game.

But I mean examples like this: Main Series PAD has characters using the Orbs to create forcefields to protect themselves, but I don't think Super Mario Bros. Edition has evidence that they're used that way in-game. So I genuinely don't know what the standard is in this situation, what we can assume and what we need hard evidence and scans for.

I'll be happy to help with getting scans, I obviously own a copy and my switch is modded for screenshots, so I can make it part of my other PAD related projects, but the nitty gritty of what's useable for this crossover is outside my comfort zone of weighing in on.

Shame Tamadra shows up but doesn't fight, Mario and PAD characters basically don't interact...Could've been funny cross-scaling wank

Right now we only really get to go with what we seen them use the orbs to do. If I am not mistaken the status effects are like blind, bind, and Status guard act similarly in both games right

Right now we only really get to go with what we seen them use the orbs to do. If I am not mistaken the status effects are like blind, bind, and Status guard act similarly in both games right
They seem to yes, and they're also pretty self evident anyways.

Not too many ways you can misinterpret getting blinded after all.

Ngl guys, after the SB debacle: I am not so confident that some abilities I had in mind will even get in, if they are this ignorant about it with SB (whom like Mario is on Toon Logic at times).

I'll still try anyways. I can't help it, but I also have good reasons for such.

They seem to yes, and they're also pretty self evident anyways.

Not too many ways you can misinterpret getting blinded after all.
Good to now, so is the board canon
Ngl guys, after the SB debacle: I am not so confident that some abilities I had in mind will even get in, if they are this ignorant about it with SB (whom like Mario is on Toon Logic at times).

I'll still try anyways. I can't help it, but I also have good reasons for such.
what happened? I thought LS was the only thing discussed in the thread you linked

what happened? I thought LS was the only thing discussed in the thread you linked
They ultimately derailed it anyways (and it wasn't the only universal feat there is), with the string feat being connected to speed... Despite how consistent Speed already is, or how the world/objects of SB are not even like ours, they still went hard on anti feats (the same shit actually relates here, because that's exactly what happened to Mario, Archchompy's doing was written all over such... In fact he was on the recent SB Downgrade thread to add insult to injury unfortunately).

Okay so telekinesis or elemental manipulation?
For PAD we so far generally agreed on Elemental Manipulation, since the Orbs are elemental energy that radiates out of everything and exists in the atmosphere.

But not sure if that extra context applies in the Mario Version, I don't think they ever question the Orbs outside of the opening cutscene.

Back