• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah, whatever happened to Mario and his paper counterpart being one profile, anyway? I thought they were essentially the same character.
Not on vsbw anymore ig
A crt split the canon so we now consider them different characters.
For awhile I thought Paper Mario and Mario were distinct for a number of reasons, but yeah, recently someone brought to my attention the large amount of evidence that the non-Paper games acknowledge Paper as just being another form of the main Mario canon, and not it's own distinct canon.

Like the fact that the original Paper Mario was going to just be a stylized sequel to Super Mario RPG aside, often the Paper games and their stories are talked about in past tense in 'main' series games when they come up in 'nostalgia' sections recounting other older games, or when simply discussing past games events, and there are even moments in the Paper games that refer to past non-Paper games stories and/or lore as canon to Paper.

Nearly all the Mario games (excluding fringe cases like Hotel Mario for obvious reasons) seem to share canon in that regard, and that's something that Miyamoto himself actually confirmed in an interview: When asked about how there are multiple Links, and if there were multiple Marios, he and Aonuma agreed that Mario is always the same.

For awhile I thought Paper Mario and Mario were distinct for a number of reasons, but yeah, recently someone brought to my attention the large amount of evidence that the non-Paper games acknowledge Paper as just being another form of the main Mario canon, and not it's own distinct canon.

Like the fact that the original Paper Mario was going to just be a stylized sequel to Super Mario RPG aside, often the Paper games and their stories are talked about in past tense in 'main' series games when they come up in 'nostalgia' sections recounting other older games, or when simply discussing past games events, and there are even moments in the Paper games that refer to past non-Paper games stories and/or lore as canon to Paper.

Nearly all the Mario games (excluding fringe cases like Hotel Mario for obvious reasons) seem to share canon in that regard, and that's something that Miyamoto himself actually confirmed in an interview: When asked about how there are multiple Links, and if there were multiple Marios, he and Aonuma agreed that Mario is always the same.
None of these arguments are new to my knowledge

There are many characters with profiles for different times in their lives (I;e Sonic, Naruto, Goku). As long as there's a significant difference between his and aged up Mario's profiles I personally won't mind a BM profile, but I do understand not wanting a profile for him.

Don't.

Look I don't like how blunt I come out, but that's like making a profile for Baby SpongeBob or Baby Bugs Bunny, etc: They are also the same but in different time periods, it's ultimately redundant basically. Besides it will potentially mess up the list I have if we treat them as separately.
Baby SpongeBob is only shown in flash backs and am pretty sure current loony toons canon standards have bugs bunny born from a drawing. What do you mean by list anyway

TBH I don't think he has invulnerability anyway, not true invulnerability anyway. That shit is misused like mad on this wiki like we unironically treat Super forms as being able to face tank attacks from dudes infinitely stronger than them because we give them invulnerability like that's dumb as hell, 9 times outta 10 invulnerability is just freakishly high durability by the standards of the verse.

TBH I don't think he has invulnerability anyway, not true invulnerability anyway. That shit is misused like mad on this wiki like we unironically treat Super forms as being able to face tank attacks from dudes infinitely stronger than them because we give them invulnerability like that's dumb as hell, 9 times outta 10 invulnerability is just freakishly high durability by the standards of the verse.

that's bullshit

that wack-ass ability should be axed from the site then, since the requirements are so damn strict

so, having invulnerability not only requires some relevance/importance to the plot of the story, which ain't even reflected on the ability's page

but even some of the most clear-cut evidence to support it's addition to a character, still wouldn't justify the addition

wow

Legitimately 99% of people with "invulnerability" should just be treated as stone walls with extremely high durability compared to what's normal in their own verse. Like personally, if a dude is stated and shown to be invulnerable in a series that peaks at baseline 3-A I sure don't think they're gonna be completely undamaged by someone else that's 500 duodecillion times above baseline 3-A simply because they're in the same tier.

I told you it is the AP equivalent of Durability Negation like 3 time AStrangeverse where do you keep getting the plot thing from

that's how it was originally for the Super Forms in Sonic the Hedgehog, despite the very clear implications that they're invincible

but somehow, their invulnerability got the greenlight, while bastards like Super Dimentio's are up for debate

I demand some justice be enacted on this bullshittery

I told you it is the AP equivalent of Durability Negation like 3 time AStrangeverse where do you keep getting the plot thing from

when, my guy

I don't recall you ever tellin me that, but I also already knew that regardless

and I get it from a guy, either SuperStar, Deagonx, or someone else, that mentioned it on my profile overhaul for Mario

they said the Super Star wouldn't count for invulnerability, despite the numerous statements and some shit, cuz it ain't got any sort of relevance to the plot, or whatever

that's how it was originally for the Super Forms in Sonic the Hedgehog, despite the very clear implications that they're invincible

but somehow, their invulnerability got the greenlight, while bastards like Super Dimentio's are up for debate

I demand some justice be enacted on this bullshittery
They are wrong but given how there are more sonic supports and the invulnerability paper being incomprehensible to most of the site they got away with along with countless other pages.

Back