• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Mario Bros: Major Revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, Luma's shouldn't be stronger than Mario or Bowser, otherwise an army of Lumas could easily stomp Bowser without Mario's help. Also, aren't Grand Stars also created by Lumas?

Would Bowser with the Grand Star still be "at least 3-C", or would he get upgraded to Low 2-C, which is the Grand Star's high-end?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Agreed, Luma's shouldn't be stronger than Mario or Bowser, otherwise an army of Lumas could easily stomp Bowser without Mario's help. Also, aren't Grand Stars also created by Lumas?
Except that their AP is not combat applicable and most likely doesn't scale to SS.

I know what they're gonna day, which is that they just exist from that point on, even though:

We see Lumas being able to turn back from galaxies and go back to it.

A few hundred to a few thousand star bits have enough the power to turn them into galaxies.

Paleomario66 said:
Would Bowser with the Grand Star still be "at least 3-C", or would he get upgraded to Low 2-C, which is the Grand Star's high-end?
At least 3-C would be better.

Since this is a Mario upgrade thread I thought I'd toss in a feat that upgrades the cast to definitely MFTL and not just likely

Mario Strikers Charged - Bowser (me) vs Petey Classic Bowser Stadium
Mario Strikers Charged - Bowser (me) vs Petey Classic Bowser Stadium

All captains are capable of jumping onto and sticking the landing at Bowser Stadium which is clearly moving at MFTL speeds throughout space, indicated by the stars it's zooming past.

This feat can be done by Mario, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Yoshi, Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr, Donkey Kong, Diddy, and Petey Pirahna. As a result this likely also scales to speedster characters like Toads and such.

Also because I saw this earlier in the thread I just wanted to point this out. The Star Child Donkey Kong is the modern day one. The fact that Mario supposedly fights Donkey Kong's Grandpa and Dad at an age realistically far before the modern DK was born, while still somehow being the same age as the modern DK as shown by Yoshi's Island DS, is a major plothole Nintendo has yet to explain. The best explanation I can give is that the original Donkey Kong has been retconned twice so that the DK who kidnapped Pauline actually is the modern DK (backed up by the majority of the Mario vs Donkey Kong series), and Donkey Kong Jr has just been retconned to the point of never actually happening (which makes sense given it paints Mario as an animal abuser, which Nintendo doesn't want)

Mario is explainably inconsistent and probably can have Cranky and Donkey Kong both simultaneously exist at the same age as Mario while being separate ages because of the roles Mario plays in the stories he interacts with them in.

If we're tying everything together for the sake of entertainment in a way where it doesn't crack the scaling, then I do have some ideas, like time travel or something cliche like that, which is likely, considering Mario's actions in the recent Yoshi's Island games.

@HomestuckLover1

In the intro cutscene of the game it's shown that the characters basically skydive out of a plane or airship or something similar. As such, it's the Airship with that speed, not the characters themselves.

Mario Strikers Charged Intro

The Smashor said:
@HomestuckLover1
In the intro cutscene of the game it's shown that the characters basically skydive out of a plane or airship or something similar. As such, it's the Airship with that speed, not the characters themselves.

That still scales to their reaction speed.

No, it dosn't. Falling does not mean that you can react faster. By that logic skydivers have Subsonic reaction speed since they can fall at 49 meters per second.

That's not even what i'm saying. What i'm saying is, the characters can fall from the sky at speed that fast and still know what they are able of moving their body as they want/still being able to move their body on their own.

It's not like Skydivers are capable of doing what they want while they fall. They are literally suspended in the air and cannot move at all. At best, they can move their fingers a bit to open the parachute. On the other hand, Mario and Bowser can fully see the things around them, and Bowser (while falling) even moved his body in a erected position to land well.

Mario's speed is already scaled to doing actions after being shot by the bye-bye cannon, I don't see how this is any different. This should be fine

looks like game mechanics to me, i dont think it can really be defined as an ability

you've lost me. is there an in-game reason or implication for enemies to miss more often?

@The Smashor That doesn't mean anything. They would still have to send themselves forward at the same speed as the stadium in order to land on it, not to mention stick the landing and not tumble back when landing down.

It needs to be calced before saying its MFTL and should not be applied at first glance like the black hole feat.

I would like to mention that in Super Mario Run, MArio was able to keep up with the clown cart. The same clown cart that flew to the sun in a short time in Mario Party 8.

Waluigi and Daisy should be upgraded with the rest of tier 4 characters if their speed is upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back