• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suiryu Upgrade:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... If that's all I am actually quite dissapointed i expected he would match the "big guy" but it looks he won't even beat a weaker opponent.

Notable things.

- Suiryu deflecting Choze's "Inferior Race Annihilation Shot" and dispersing part of a cloud; this completely stuns Choze.

- Suiryu still remaining conscious after being hit by Gouketsu.

That's really about it, what should be looked at is the cloud dispersing stuff. I'm not exactly sure how one would go about calculating the size of the section which was dispersed, however, I do think it was dispersed very quickly I'd estimate a second; Choze was barely able to comprehend what was going on after the dispersion had occurred.

(On another note, this was a really great chapter. The artwork and choreography present make this manga feel animated, despite being limited to static images.)

^yeah, he is quite dissapointing after all the that build up. (Hiro? Did you add your spriggans in OPM as well?)

Apologies. Disregard my deleted comment. I confused this thread for another one.

are we gonna ignore the fact that gouketsu thinks suiryu is strong? i know he doesnt directly say it, but its implied. he says "it would be a waste to kill you". gouketsu is at least 7-B (imo he's probably 7-A) yet he thinks an 8-C character is strong? gouketsu also said that monster choze is "pretty good". and suiryu beat monster choze. shouldnt this be noteworty?

Nothing implied that Gouketsu oneshotted Genos , all we saw of him was that he was slammed down into the ground at the end of their fight (If there even was a fight).

It seems that a calc has been made on this particular feat by AMM.

@AMM: I made some suggestions in regards to that calc. The calc really depends on the diameter of the cloud being split really.

It's way too vague for my liking Jonathan, If Gouketsu made direct comparisons like "You greatly surpass the three crows" then scaling would be alright with me; the only noteworthy statement is that Suiryu would become an executive of the monster association if he took the monster cells. However, this doesn't apply to human Suiryu.

Also, thanks for taking a look; doing some revisions. It looks like me and you both gained similar results. With you getting 244 tons of TNT and I getting 184 TNT. Not sure how Darkanine got Large Island level though.

I got Large Island via scaling off the thickness of the clouds instead of the stadium, though I myself think the result is inflated (kind of had to rush it). I'll re-do my end later today.

Notice, Gouketsu was pretty much the same as Suiryu was before he ate the monster cell. With the monster cell, it's just another tier. He soloed a Demon-tier without much issues. Something PPP wasn't able to (vs Sea King). So he's up there with the S-ranks.

"Gouketsu was pretty much the same as Suiryu was before he ate the monster cell"

I'd argue Suiryu surpassed Gouketsu when he was a human since he was a 4-time consecutive winner. Whilst Gouketsu only had a single win under his belt. However, one can say that doesn't mean much. As Gouketsu encountered Orochi not long after his victory. Who knows if they were the same really.

"He soloed a Demon-tier without much issue"

I don't think Choze had any confirmed disaster rating; the only thing we have to speculate about what it could be is Gouketsu's statement "This one turned out good", which personally. I don't think is enough to confirm anything. If you or anyone thinks otherwise, please state why.

Well we don't know the level of opponents Gouketsu fought vs the level of opponents Suiryu fought. But yes Suiryu very well could've surpassed human Gouketsu. Especially with this possible new calc. And I pretty much agree with what AMM is saying a lot.

One thing I am worried about, is that no one can decide which method to go about this calc on. I'm almost scared he'll fight Gouketsu or someone, and make this calc we worked so hard on useless (unless Dark's High 6-C end is correct and this puts him beyond City level even)

Also I've been saying Suiryu might be fighting Gouketsu for ages now. I'm starting to get triggered from being let down so many times lol

"and make this calc we worked so hard on useless"

I'm not too worried about that, I won't have any regrets if Suiryu ultimately just scales to the Crows etc.

"Another thing is I have been saying Suiryu might be fighting Gouketsu for ages now. I'm starting to get triggered from being let down so many times lol"

Now that's something which may be possible, but not in the way we'd expect. Bakuzan, a two-time reigning champion was shown in one panel of the newest chapter. Where he was the only one in the crowd of people who wasn't shown to be star struck by Suiryu's feats. Seeing that the guy said he'd take care of all monsters who'd enter the stadium, I'm willing to bet he'll take on the three crows; after that, maybe, just maybe. Bakuzan and Suiryu can get aside any personal feelings and tag team Gouketsu.

Speculation aside, next chapter is coming out 13th of March. So perhaps we should hold out from upgrading or go in-depth about scaling until then.

@Austrian @Lina I do not think we can determine the diameter of the cloud aperture based on the size of the stadium because the distance from the clouds to the ground does not allow a certain distance scale, we will always see the opening of the clouds smaller than it really is if we make that way.

@AMM I just don't want a calc you and others put a lot of work into to be worthless cause of a new powerscaling lol

But yeah that would be nice if Suiryu some how scales to Gouketsu. Even in an unexpected way like Bakuzan fighting instead.

For the time being, we should stay put until there is literally no feats left for Suiryu. I feel like we as a whole have gotten a little gungho on upgrading Suiryu when this chapter was released. It'll require some patience, but it'll be less of a headache to deal with in the long run.

Suiryu is just a really cool and well liked character. Everyone wants to get him upgraded but the manga is giving us so little to work with lol

This is kinda like when every time a DBS episode came out there'd be a bunch of threads for upgrades. I'd be fine with waiting until his whole arc carries out. Though if he eventually does something clear cut like fight Gouketsu, I'd also be okay with immediately upgrading him after that.

We can wait until we get more feats from Suiryu, and then we can go back to checking the cloud feat. My only concern with Suiryu and its calc is that, do we scale the stadium to the cloud hole, where said size of stadium is explicitly shown, or do we base the size of the hole based on the cloud thickness.

Only the latter makes an assumption on the calc however.

Judging his pure feats, probs super, super high end Tiger to really low end Demon.

Judging by headcanon, I'd say Demon as well. Of course we'd have to see until next chapter.

Really kills the hype that for such an intense fight the guy who actually gave Suiryu a good fight might still be a Tiger albiet a veeeeerrry strong one or just a low demon. I really hope next chapter gives some ratings, but that seems unlikely since Choze appears to be down for the count.

Like I said that's only going by Suiryu's latest calc being MCB to Town. Choze could very well be a Demon level threat still and get stated to be such later or something.

Should this thread be closed until further notice, when we see some more of Suiryu's feats?

We can upgrade Suiryu at the moment, according to the calculation that AMM did, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back