• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suiryu Upgrade:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic:there should be a monster cell page, it seems that the monster cell increased a 10 - B character (Rosie) to somwhere around 9-C or even 9-B.

The monster cell isn't a character or weapon. It's some weird food-like substance that turns people into monsters. It's like making a page for a power enhancing drug.

Also the increase the monster cells give to someone is non-linear and unquantifiable. And as Gouketsu said, the results greatly differ based on who's eating them and how.

Ryukama said:
The monster cell isn't a character or weapon. It's some weird food-like substance that turns people into monsters. It's like making a page for a power enhancing drug.
Also the increase the monster cells give to someone is non-linear and unquantifiable. And as Gouketsu said, the results greatly differ based on who's eating them and how.
so it's based on potential? I guess you guys won't make a profile for it since in that case the devil fruit, tree of might fruit and other stuff would be here...

I forgot the exact details. But Gouketsu did say the results of the monster cells were a hit or miss and that some users become much stronger than others.

@AMM: Except for cloud height, which Iwan used 2400 meters in height for. Now, I am wondering if the height of said clouds should be directly scaled from the stadium, or if we can just assume a height?

This is because cloud height may vary in general.

I don't see any problems in using 2400 meters; changing the height would only really increase the speed of the clouds parting (since it's very likely it will be less than 2400 meters.) As a result, I think keeping it the way it is will prevent complications; ultimately give us a lowballed result.

I am okay with using 2400 metres for the cloud height. Now about cloud thickness (scaling it off the diameter of cloud hole sounds reasonable).

Regarding cloud thickness, I think that using Wikipedia values are alright for it. I see no real reason to change anything about it.

I think there's another noteworthy thing in this chapter, this panel and what the spectators state after.

I think this warrants an "At least Supersonic, likely higher" since Choze and Suiryu rampaged through the stadium so fast the spectator were unable to track their movements; this isn't even counting the various punches and kicks thrown as they were traversing it. I'm not willing to calculate it due to how arduous the process would be and the results will most likely be underwhelming (as a 0.1-second timeframe would have to be used, instead of the FTE timeframe.)

Any objections?

If a calc can't be done of the feat, then I am fine with "At least Supersonic, likely higher"

"At least Supersonic, likely higher" sounds reasonable. It is likely that we can expect more speed feats from Suiryu however.

Isn't that an estimate since we don't have a definite idea for the reactions of those guys? Then again they did move about 20+ times to the point that they can't see anything so is it going by that?

I changed the speed rating to AMM and Lina's suggestion for now.

If anyone cares to calculate it, perhaps we can then have a further upgrade.

I'm not entirely sure about your line of questioning, so I'll just go over the premise again.

Suiryu and Choze rampage through the arena, they performed this action in a small timeframe indicated by both fighters appearing as blurs; the spectators who we assume at the very least have average human reaction time were unable to track what happened (another translation had it so they couldn't see what happened.)

Ah that makes sense. Was just confused about the spectators initially and I thought you were using the audience that probably just had normal reaction time. Realizes you meant the other combatants which should have slightly higher reactions.

Those superhuman martial artists should be much swifter and have better reactions than a normal person. However I believe in such case we'd use human reaction time as a conservative estimate.

I'd like to point out, he was able to move Saitama during their fight (http://img.***********.com/cdn/manga/125/3991/025.png) while Sea King was unable to do that with his punch. So from that I think it shows that Sea King is weaker than Suiryu.

That topic has already been discussed multiple times. We're not counting that.

The attack only pushed Saitama a bit and didn't even do any actual harm to him.

Saitama was pretty much only concerned with keeping his wig on while fighting a human in a martial arts tournament. There's no reason to believe Saitama was being more serious in that case than he was fighting a monster that's going out killing people.

On top of the fact that Saitama can easily be pushed back when he isn't paying attention at all. Saitama's concerned with the special sale, Carnage Kabuto tosses him around. Monster Garou, a vastly superior monster, punches Saitama while he's paying attention, nothing happens at all. It could likely be a similar case with Suiryu moving Saitama while he was trying to keep his wig on.

I think it's better to first wait until Suiryu gets more feats/clarification before getting hasty with upgrades. And to rate him on more solid feats and powerscaling.

Well to be fair, he wasn't really paying attention to Sea King either, he was worried more about Genos being turned into a pile of scrap metal and bones. But yeah, I see your point. I just hope we get to see more of Suiryu so we can determine how strong he is, AND just to see some badass fight scenes xD

Another thing to note, before The Deep Sea King punched Saitama he was incredibly angry. A far cry from Saitama's laidback attitude against Suiryu.

There's another thing which doesn't harbour much discussion; it's that Genos called Suiryu formidable; that he may have a chance to satisfy Saitama's desire to experience to experience martial arts. But, he himself says that it is too early to be certain (just like us back when this chapter came out.) This isn't concrete either, I can go to a chicken fight and call one of the chickens formidable, but that doesn't mean they'd be my equal in combat.

Any other thoughts?

For both Sea King and Suiryu, Saitama said he was getting his hopes up so, honestly I don't see why wouldn't we consider him being just as "serious" for both of them and since Suryiu was actually able to push Saitama an at least city lvl for that should be acceptable. And again Saitama was completly casual with Sea King ignoring his very presence while with Suiryu we can consider him just as casual,but he was paying attention and since he was pushed back after his wig was already on the floor I don't see why wouldn't we just scale him as superior to sea King.

As AMM said, Saitama was rather pissed at Sea King whereas he was completely laid back with Suiryu. On top of the fact Saitama has a no killing humans policy and was fighting in a simple martial arts tournament. It's easy to think that he'd be easier on him than against a monster that was threatening the people and pummeling humans.

And again, Saitama can easily be pushed back by someone if he's paying no attention like focussing on keeping his wig on as opposed to him being even slightly pissed at someone like he was with Sea King.

Are we now going to rate Carnage Kabuto as superior to Monster Garou since he pushed Saitama back while he was focussing on the special sale? Whereas Monster Garou did absolutely nothing to Saitama when he was a bit moody.

Just wait until Suiryu has far more solid, less presumptuous feats than this. We already rate him as At least Large Town level. That's fine enough for now until something new happens in the next chapter.

Again with "pissed on Sea King" when there is nothing that proves that assumption. After all we never saw Saitma being pissed on people getting pummelled and nothing he said looked like he was pissed like really his biggest concern was the fact it was raining... Thou, I guess arguing is worthless since it's simply diffrent opinions and hope we get something knew in next chapter even thou Suiryu looks like he is not getting up.

AMM directly linked to Saitama being pissed off at Sea King. It's not an assumption

If anything is an assumption it's indicating Saitama was as serious against Suiryu as he was with Sea King. When more things go against that. Like Suiryu being a human, this being just a simple sparring match and Saitama being completely distracted with his wig. When we've seen Saitama can get pushed back by vastly inferior opponents if his mind is distracted on a single thing as opposed to him just being slightly pissed off.

New statement from Murata

"The energy ball that Choze fired is the same as Vaccine Man. For those who read the web comic should also notice that it is the same thing with Homeless Emperor as well."

This statement makes sense, seeing as even when the ball of energy was held back; kicked up into the sky. It triggered a High 7-C event (the clouds being dispersed.) With that said, I think Suiryu (finally) scales to a city level character.

That statement would make Choze comparable to a Dragon level threat right? Is this finally some form of confirmation for a threat level?

yes, choze is definitely comparable to a dragon level, he might actually be a dragon itself. which makes sense because i seriously doubt suiryu is significantly weaker than genos. genos is able to effortlessly defeat most demon level threats, choze is probably low dragon while gouketsu is high dragon. anyways, suiryu is definitely at least city level

"Genos is able to effortlessly defeat most demon level threats"

I disagree, In the prior chapters, he had difficulty fighting against Awakened Cockroach; Face Ripper. Both demon level threats.

"choze is probably low dragon while gouketsu is high dragon"

Keep in mind the statement also compares Choze's projectile to Vaccine Man's, a demon level threat. Why does Homeless Emporer suddenly take priority over him?

Remembering that the speech of Vaccine man and Homeless Emperor are alike, exterminate humanity because it is a disease, likely that Vaccine man met with God as well.

Austrian-Man-Meat said:
"Genos is able to effortlessly defeat most demon level threats"
I disagree, In the prior chapters, he had difficulty fighting against Awakened Cockroach; Face Ripper. Both demon level threats.

"choze is probably low dragon while gouketsu is high dragon"

Keep in mind the statement also compares Choze's projectile to Vaccine Man's, a demon level threat. Why does Homeless Emporer suddenly take priority over him?
awakened cockroach and face ripper are very very powerful demon level threats. remember when genos went on a killing spree during the super fight tournament? he was effortlessly killing dozens of monsters instantly. and every single one of them were demon level. awaken cockroach was just really powerful, and i dont think genos had a very difficult time taking down face ripper.

also, vaccine man is a dragon level threat, and so is homeless emperor

"also, vaccine man is a dragon level threat,"

Yeah, you're right, I was mistaken.

I don't think every being Genos fought was given a threat level, I can only remember Face Ripper and Awakened Cockroach being given one.

haha maybe you're right. i just read the chapter again and it doesn't say what threat level those fodders were. but scaling suiryu to genos is pointless right now since we don't even know if suiryu is on genos 's level or not. i was just making an assumption. i still think that suiryu is on genos's level though. anyways, choze is probably dragon level imo, probably a very low one. even if he's only demon, that still makes suiryu city level cause demon level monsters are city busters

Of course Genos would have difficulty with those guys. He was fighting more and more of them non-stop. Face Ripper he only had minor difficulty with getting scratches but on Cockroach man he definitely had a lot more difficulty.

Huh. Would that mean anyone given power by 'God' is Dragon rank?

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Of course Genos would have difficulty with those guys. He was fighting more and more of them non-stop. Face Ripper he only had minor difficulty with getting scratches but on Cockroach man he definitely had a lot more difficulty.
Huh. Would that mean anyone given power by 'God' is Dragon rank?
But if Genos were strong enough to "effortlessly defeat demon-class beings" then he would just defeat them both without any effort at all, no fight needed.

That seems to be the case, seeing as Vaccine Man and Homeless Emporer share the same projectiles (and as Muh pointed out they both share the same ambitions.) But Choze is somewhat strange, as we see first-hand the source of his power. Yet he still has similar ambitions to the other threats. Maybe the cells are related to God?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back