• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: Sage Centipede and Evil Ocean Water High 6-A Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
means God never knew saitama’s full power,
If someone like Blast isn't considered someone who turned themselves against God and Saitama is the only one we know of who broke God's built in limiter on everyone, this doesn't work for me. If anything God would consider Saitama more powerful than even Blast.

knew that someone stronger beat the fusion (which he was directly responsible for by the way, so it would be very easy for him to have put more power into creating sagepede immediately after seeing that his last minion failed)
That's my point there. The boosts it gives are utterly random. Vaccine Man, Homeless Emperor, Psykos and Garou all have vastly different levels of power. Making Sage Centipede stronger than Orochi but still not strong enough to even touch someone on Blast's level just doesn't work in my view.
Also Blast only fought God once (when he was elder centipede level) and then after that kinda just started collecting his cubes, so he doesn’t count for anything here
As you brought up in the Blast scaling thread, his crew has sensed other Avatars before with Garou's energy and were shocked that someone other than Blast could fight one.

So God has empowered people Blast or his team has fought before to a level that would make them planetary or greater threats.

And being made out of Orochi is just painfully OBVIOUS author intent. It’s literally just taking Orochi’s remains and putting the power of God into it
I don't like using author intent without a statement regarding their intent. Because otherwise you're saying their intent was to have Sage fight someone God knew could beat him by clapping his butt cheeks.
Sage centipede is 100% stronger than Orochi, there is 0 room for doubt.
Saitama's statement is the main valid thing I see giving Sage scaling justification. If that's enough to me him High 6-A I'm not against it, I just don't know if that's enough.

If someone like Blast isn't considered someone who turned themselves against God and Saitama is the only one we know of who broke God's built in limiter on everyone, this doesn't work for me. If anything God would consider Saitama more powerful than even Blast.
Well to be fair, God considering Saitama the fist that turned against God may not be a power thing but rather defying Gods will and deviating from the way things are intended. Imo it’s too vague to say God would assume he’s more powerful than blast for that reason.

If someone like Blast isn't considered someone who turned themselves against God and Saitama is the only one we know of the break God's built in limiter on everyone, this doesn't work for me. If anything God would consider Saitama more powerful than even Blast.
Blast is basically featless from God’s perspective
That's my point there. The boosts it gives are utterly random. Vaccine Man, Homeless Emperor, Psykos and Garou all have vastly different levels of power. Making Sage Centipede stronger than Orochi but still not strong enough to even touch someone on Blast's level just doesn't work in my view.
God and Blast made contact a single time and that’s it. He doesn’t know how strong Blast is.
As you brought up in the Blast scaling thread, his crew has sensed other Avatars before with Garou's energy and were shocked that someone other than Blast could fight one.

So God has empowered people Blast or his team has fought before to a level that would make them planetary or greater threats.
Or blast knows how strong he is, and God does not. Not to mention, Blast had quite blatantly never seen someone given that much divine power going by his thoughts from when he first is meeting him.
I don't like using author intent without a statement regarding their intent. Because otherwise you're saying their intent was to have Sage fight someone God knew could beat him by clapping his butt cheeks.
Ok, then let me just not state the obvious anymore and ask this
why would god go out of his way to grant Orochi’s remains power after seeing that someone defeated him and resurrect him into a form that’s 200 times weaker to kill the guy that defeated him
can you just explain that for me. Like no matter how you spin it, someone killed Orochi, and God sent Sage to kill that someone, that’s it.

This wouldn't make them scale above people like Psykorochi/Tatsumaki, only Orochi, right
Saitama never saw them fight, so his statement could only refer to Orochi imo.

Ok, then let me just not state the obvious anymore and ask this
why would god go out of his way to grant Orochi’s remains power after seeing that someone defeated him and resurrect him into a form that’s 200 times weaker to kill the guy that defeated him
Why would God resurrect someone who he would know is significantly weaker than someone who quite literally broke his limiters and has the ability to infinitely improve? Even in the best case scenario there's no world where SC wouldn't be anything other than Saitama fodder.

God sent Sage to kill that someone, that’s it.
God sent someone weaker than Blast and his other divine avatars against the only person to ever break his biological limiter. Which makes even less sense from that perspective.

I mean my point is that Sage and EOW should be stronger than Orochi, Psykorochi and Tatsumaki since they were sent to kill Saitama.

Why? Because he directly witnessed how Tatsumaki (someone inferior to Saitama) obliterated Psykorochi and it doesn't make sense that he would send 2 beings humdreds of times weaker than them to kill Saitama

Why would God resurrect someone who he would know is significantly weaker than someone who quite literally broke his limiters and has the ability to infinitely improve? Even in the best case scenario there's no world where SC wouldn't be anything other than Saitama fodder.

God sent someone weaker than Blast and his other divine avatars against the only person to ever break his biological limiter. Which makes even less sense from that perspective.
Both of these ignore the point that god doesn’t know blast’s full power, and the fact that blast had literally never fought a cosmic Garou level threat before to begin with, nor had he fought god directly more than once

I like the thought of Sage scaling above Orochi. Orochi was prophesied to be sacrificed to form Sage, and only a powerful enough / worth sacrifice would work.

Saitama mistook Garou for monster king after defeating sage. He didn’t really acknowledge Orochi even after fighting him which leads me to believe had Garou defeated Orochi would Saitama have cared?

would an at least scaling above Orochi and likely scaling above psychoorochi work?

Why? Because he directly witnessed how Tatsumaki (someone inferior to Saitama) obliterated Psykorochi and it doesn't make sense that he would send 2 beings humdreds of times weaker than them to kill Saitama
It doesn't make sense to send them anyways when Saitama broke his limiter and God knows about Blast's crew, all of who would stomp SC anyways. So that line of scaling reasoning just doesn't work to me.
Both of these ignore the point that god doesn’t know blast’s full power,
God has given people enough divine power than Blast's crew could use it to gage Cosmic Garou and Blast himself.

You can't just ignore the statement because Garou isn't the first divine avatar God has used.
would an at least scaling above Orochi
Yeah I'm not against that. It's just that the whole Tornado and Saitama stuff just doesn't work contetual

It doesn't make sense to send them anyways when Saitama broke his limiter and God knows about Blast's crew, all of who would stomp SC anyways. So that line of scaling reasoning just doesn't work to me.

God has given people enough divine power than Blast's crew could use it to gage Cosmic Garou and Blast himself.

You can't just ignore the statement because Garou isn't the first divine avatar God has used.

Yeah I'm not against that. It's just that the whole Tornado and Saitama stuff just doesn't work contetual
He doesn't seem to know Saitama's full power level until he actually used it much later on in the parallel timeline though.

Saitama's strength isn't the point here anyway we know he would one punch both. If Sage and EOW are supposed to deal with him then they have to be far stronger than Psykorochi and Tatsumaki.

Is this really that hard to understand? I know others have been derailing but its a pretty simple and blatant scaling chain...

I’m confused now. Are you saying that Blast has fought against someone cosmic Garou level in the past?

I mean my point is that Sage and EOW should be stronger than Orochi, Psykorochi and Tatsumaki since they were sent to kill Saitama.

Did God know that Saitama was stronger than Tatsumaki?

He doesn't seem to know Saitama's full power level until he actually used it much later on in the parallel timeline though.
But Saitama broke his limiter, something God knows only Saitama has done. Genius when explaining the limiter also just states what happened with Saitama, that he has infinite growth potential and won't stop getting stronger.

In no situation would SC be any threat to Saitama. He's static power wise and weaker than his other divine Avatars.

Also, God is in the Moon. If he's been aware of Saitama since the Moon Jimp then he would've seen Saitama casually overpowering an attack we rate at least twice the strength of the Gaia Cannon anyways. Saitama would've only gotten stronger since then, as he broke the limiter God gave everyone.

Is this really that hard to understand
The point I'm making is that reasoning just clashes with the Cosmic Garou stuff. If Garou pumped with that much divine power is stillbrecognizedable by Blast's crew and they can make comparison between him and Blast's power, why would he send two goons who wouldn't even be able to take Boros to fight Saitama?
Are you saying that Blast has fought against someone cosmic Garou level in the past?
I'm saying that they've seen an avatar with enough divine power that they're shocked to see someone other than Blast fight one.

Which means they've seen planetary scale threats before and it wasn't Sage Centipede.

I'm saying that they've seen an avatar with enough divine power that they're shocked to see someone other than Blast fight one.
Or maybe they just saw the fight scene from before and after seeing how strong Garou was they were surprised someone else could fight him
this doesn’t make any sense. Even if they never fought someone 4-A before, they literally would have seen Blast’s fight with Garou and known how strong he was from that.
Blast’s reaction should make it very clear that nobody had been given that much power before to begin with.

Sage isn’t an avatar though, he’s more of an embodiment like vaccine man was. Personally I don’t think God gave sage any power but rather just manifested it via sacrificing Orochi and whatever else was sacrificed prior.

even as just a heart, after consuming some monsters Orochi had more power than Psykos expected and was stunned.

Or maybe they just saw the fight scene from before and after seeing how strong Garou was they were surprised someone else could fight him
They were surprised someone other than Blast could fight a divine avatar, but they still knew what a divine avatar was and have presumably fought them before since their main mission is to get all of God's cubes away from others so he doesn't corrupt them.

They were surprised someone other than Blast could fight a divine avatar, but they still knew what a divine avatar was and have presumably fought them before since their main mission is to get all of God's cubes away from others so he doesn't corrupt them.
Because Blast himself was the first one that God tried to corrupt. That’s it. That’s how they would already know what a divine avatar is.

Not just an avatar but an avatar with that much power specifically.

homeless emperor and Psykoorochi were also avatars of lesser scale. Possibly, Chozē but that’s a discussion for another day.

Not just an avatar but an avatar with that much power specifically.
True, so I guess that point ultimately doesn't work.

Though the Boros and limiter stuff still does imo.

But to restate my point before I sleep I don't mind SC scaling above Orochi due to Saitama's statement, I just don't agree with most of the other upscaling justifications.

But to restate my point before I sleep I don't mind SC scaling above Orochi due to Saitama's statement, I just don't agree with most of the other upscaling justifications.
So, in your mind, "High 6-A, likely Higher" works for Sage and the others? Not trying to push this though.

Yeah Orochi makes sense, I’m sure we’ll get more information in the future for where everyone scales during this arc.

High 6-A is enough. There's no justification for them to have "likely higher" rating.
God created Fused Psykos and then made Sage centipede after witnessing the entire fight
That’s not nothing, not even close. The whole thing about Blast doesn’t really matter when God just blatantly doesn’t know how strong they are, and Blast had never seen cosmic Garou level powers before.
Sage was the strongest being God ever up until that point, and he sent it to kill the one who turned against him.

As the OP I'm sincerely done discussing, you guys can keep at it I guess but I would prefer that the changes are applied and we close this.

If this is going to be applied then it would be nice if any staff here with permissions applies these to Garou's locked profile.

Sage Centipede:

Continent level
(Used his continental length to generate this level of energy. He is easily this powerful by sheer size alone, and can raise his whole body off the ground), likely at least Multi Continent level (Was tasked by God to defeat the "Abominable Fist that turned against God" alongside Evil Ocean Water which would make him far stronger than Psykorochi and Tatsumaki)

Evil Ocean Water:
Continent level (Able to severely harm Post Darkshine Garou with an Ocean Grand Cannon, who at the time could withstand attacks from Sage Centipede. Merged with the ocean and can release this much energy should all of the water fall back on Earth), likely at least Multi Continent level (Was tasked by God to defeat the "Abominable Fist that turned against God" alongside Sage Centipede which would make it far stronger than Psykorochi and Tatsumaki)

Garou:
At least Large town level (Stronger than before. Fought on par with a somewhat weakened Bomb before evolving), up to Continent level, likely at least Multi-Continent level with Reactive Evolution (Fought and harmed Sage Centipede. Could damage Sage Centipede when Metal Bat couldn't, and was stated to be vastly stronger than him), higher with Resonance (Repelled the 6666 Leg Grand Drill and severely damaged Sage Centipede's exoskeleton in conjunction with Metal Bat’s Savage Hurricane. Punched through Sage Centipede and ripped out his regeneration core)

Continent level, likely at least Multi-Continent level (Sliced Sage Centipede in half. Grew even stronger after his monsterization increased and he transformed twice), up to Moon level with Reactive Evolution (After transforming once again, he slammed into the Earth, pushing the Earth's inner layers), Can ignore durability with Roaring Aura Sky Ripping Fist (A technique that produces devastating shockwaves capable of enveloping opponents and breaking their bones, even if they are as strong as Garou) and Fa Jin (Stated that these powerful attacks target the internal organs of his opponents, regardless of how tough their bones and flesh are)

Metal Bat:
At least Town level (Did better against Carnage Kabuto than an upgraded Genos in the VGS, but ultimately stood zero chance in this state), up to Continent level, likely at least Multi-Continent level with Fighting Spirit (Fought and pushed back Sage Centipede alongside Garou and later damaged Sage Centipede’s mandibles), higher with Resonance (Repelled the 6666 Leg Grand Drill and damaged Sage Centipede's exoskeleton in conjunction with Garou's Cross Dragon Fang Slayer Fist)

Sage and Water can be at least High 6-A or 6-A, likely at least High 6-A if this gets accepted. I just don't know where the "likely higher" came from. Are they possibly Moon level or something?

Sage and Water can be at least High 6-A or 6-A, likely at least High 6-A if this gets accepted. I just don't know where the "likely higher" came from. Are they possibly Moon level or something?
That was never suggested...

Let's please just discuss the proposals in my OP and the "6-A, likely High 6-A" stuff as they are the relevant arguments in the thread.

My response was towards Post #148, which suggests the likely higher rating...
Continent level[/SPOILER]
(Used his continental length to generate this level of energy. He is easily this powerful by sheer size alone, and can raise his whole body off the ground), likely at least Multi Continent level (Was tasked by God to defeat the "Abominable Fist that turned against God" alongside Evil Ocean Water which would make him far stronger than Psykorochi and Tatsumaki)

Yeah, 6-A, likely High 6-A seems to be what's accepted. Though you all can still argue for a full rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back