• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: Sage Centipede and Evil Ocean Water High 6-A Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon1511

He/Him
So it's finally here, no idea why this wasn't done sooner but whatever

This thread is a rehash of this thread:

To quote Kachon so I don't have to type:
In chapter 156 of One-Punch Man, Sage Centipede (SC) and Evil Ocean Water (EOW) stated to have been sent by God to destroy the "Abominable Fist that turned against God." Initially, the community thought that the "Fist" SC and EOW were referring to was Garou, but given recent developments in the story, we now know that it actually is Saitama.

What makes this new information so interesting is that from it, we know that God knew about Saitama for quite a while. So long, in fact that we could use this as an upgrade.

Knowing that Saitama was strong enough to overpower Orochi's Gaia Cannon and defeat Orochi, God still sent SC and EOW to defeat him. This means that God was confident enough in their power to believe that they could take out someone at least at the level of Orochi.
Aside from this, both of them should scale above Psykorochi as they were sent after she was defeated by Tatsumaki who, clearly, isn't the "Abominable Fist that turned against God".

Characters who scale as a result of this change are:
Metal Bat (lol)
Post-Darkshine Garou

I don't think anyone should disagree with this scaling. The notion that SC and EOW who were supposed to deal with Saitama are hundreds of times weaker than Orochi and Psykorochi after God witnessed how they were obliterated by Tatsumaki is nonsensical.

Minor evidence:
Not really meaningful but both Sage Centipede and Evil Ocean Water make Psykorochi look like an ant:

This is Psykorochi
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzYyNTE5MzA2NTclMkY5MTcyNzkxNzMyMTM1ODU0MzglMkY3LnBuZw==

This is the city wide barrier Tatsumaki made
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzU2MTQzNjM2NzglMkY5MTcyNzk3MDg0NTcwODI4OTAlMkZwcF8xMC5wbmc=

This is Sage Centipede and Evil Ocean Water compared to both:
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzg3MDE0MDAxMDYlMkY5MzYzNjc5MTMyMzE4NzYxNDYlMkZwYWdlXzA4LTkucG5n

I agree, but since then there’s been additional evidence. Like Sage being formed from sacrificing Orochi and sent to destroy Saitama.

Saitama thought Garou was the Monster king because of his strength and not Orochi after he defeated Sage. Granted these are Viz so we’d probably have to look at the raws.

Oh yeah, the third Serious Punch in the entire series was used against Evil Ocean Water lol.

I mean for Elder Centipede he was specifically told by King to kill him in a way it couldn't regenerate/flee and with enough force to not fall back in the city and hurt civilians

Against EOW Saitama on his own volition decided to use a Serious Punch
He also overpowered Garou with normal punches in his final non-god empowered form. Saitama's attacks clearly do not have a set AP.

This is why I don't think upgrading characters solely based on Saitama's behavior towards them should be anything except generally discouraged.

@Recon1511 One possible issue is that we don't have an exact knowledge of what God is aware of. It's been implied that God has been witnessing Saitama's fight against Orochi, but not confirmed explicitly. We'd have to rely on the assumption that he witnessed the exchange of attacks and knew exactly how strong they were.

The other issue is that while God may have had confidence in the pair of them, that alone isn't confirmation on them being equal to Orochi's Gaia Cannon. They could be comparable but to a lower extent since God did send both of them after Saitama instead of having confidence in their individual prospects. Simply put they lack the feats for a solid High 6-A rating. I don't think the confidence scaling is strong enough for a solid rating as someone can be confident about something and still be wrong.

These two points aren't enough to make me disagree outright with the thread, but it does make me think that it should be a "Likely" rating instead:

Should be used to list a statistic for a character with some basis, but inconclusive due to the justification being vague or non-definitive. The probability of the justification in question for being reliable should be favourable.

Will see what other staff have to say though.

It doesn’t matter if God knew about the orochi fight and saitama for sure, since all he knew was that the fist that turned against god killed orochi and that he sent Sage centipede to fight someone who was capable of doing so

@Recon1511 One possible issue is that we don't have an exact knowledge of what God is aware of. It's been implied that God has been witnessing Saitama's fight against Orochi, but not confirmed explicitly. We'd have to rely on the assumption that he witnessed the exchange of attacks and knew exactly how strong they were.

The other issue is that while God may have had confidence in the pair of them, that alone isn't confirmation on them being equal to Orochi's Gaia Cannon. They could be comparable but to a lower extent since God did send both of them after Saitama instead of having confidence in their individual prospects. Simply put they lack the feats for a solid High 6-A rating. I don't think the confidence scaling is strong enough for a solid rating as someone can be confident about something and still be wrong.

These two points aren't enough to make me disagree outright with the thread, but it does make me think that it should be a "Likely" rating instead:

Will see what other staff have to say though.
I mean you kinda have a point but God should definitely be aware that Tatsumaki defeated Psykorochi (who isn't Saitama) and still decided to send Sage and EOW

It wouldn't make sense to send 2 monsters to kill Saitama that would actually get obliterated even harder by someone weaker than him

Last edited:
I agree with this, God was aware of the Tatsumaki vs. Psykos Orochi battle, watching from afar the whole time, and yet he saw Saitama as a greater threat than her, considering him to be the being that turned against him, sending Sage and EOW to deal with him specifically.

This is probably the reason why they have an Unknown level of threat instead of just Dragon.

I agree with this, God was aware of the Tatsumaki vs. Psykos Orochi battle, watching from afar the whole time, and yet he saw Saitama as a greater threat than her, considering him to be the being that turned against him, sending Sage and EOW to deal with him specifically.

This is probably the reason why they have an Unknown level of threat instead of just Dragon.
Makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back