• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The statement is from BB:
BB:
Theoretically, yes, as long as you get the coordinates right.
Problem is, once you're in SE.RA.PH, escaping Kiara's sexual allureーkinda like a gravitational field reallyーis no easy task!
For one, you would need to exceed the speed of light.
I mean, that's definitely possible in the digital world, but the Spiritrons that compose Spirit Origins wouldn't be able to survive the stress of those speeds.
Accelerating to those speeds would make short work of even an A-rank Servant.
So even if you did try to escape SE.RA.PH, you'd probably burn up in the process. At least, that's what would normally happen.

So we all agree that the explicit 'light speed' statements are hyperboles?
ACwqu74.png
13-HF16-06a-20.jpg

My position is that the only good evidence for the upgrade are:
  • Fate/Zero statement: "The clash between the previous artifacts of legend, driven by strength and speed far beyond that of a human, passed the speed of sound, nearing the speed of light."
  • Mash dodging mechanical laser beams in Babylonia anime.
Don't consider the other things brought up, such as Santa Karna and Noble Phantasms, to scale to the general speed for Servants.

When a verse gets powercreeped, upgrading can be an uphill battle, but I don't believe there is enogh consistency to justify relativistic or FTL.

I mean, considering the stuff in the op isn't even all the sol stuff in the verse, I'm pretty sure there is enough consistency to ignore the BB statement. Even if you say there isn't for some reason, her statement would only apply to ftl movement, because that's what it was about, like running at ftl speeds.

Which means rel or sol stuff doesn't even get disproven by the singular limiting statement.

Yeah, I don't agree with FTL movement speed scaling for normal run of the mill Servants. In fact, I'm not really so sure with them having a reaction speed of FTL. Though, I do think relativistic to just normal lightspeed is viable for at least reaction/combat speed applies

So Lostbelt 5 in Olympus Chapter 3 has this feat where Musashi blocks a lightspeed attack which Holmes predicted. Found two translations both by fallacies, though the first one is a summary of sort:

castor: "a human mixed with a god is still a human, pollux. indistinct from the likes of that loser, caenis."
pollux: "brother ..."
mashu: "the twin gods, the dioscuroi. we previously encountered them in atlantis! they're divine spirit servants!"
castor: "hm? you look upon me, point at me, and call my name. human -- i haven't permitted such a thing"

castor attacks mashu, but musashi blocks

musashi: "was this disrespectful of me, perhaps? though, for a great and powerful kami-sama, your blade was far too light. whether it be in speed or purpose, it wasn't of any weight at all -- to the point that somebody like me could block it as easily as if you were wielding a feather"
musashi (in thought): "what the hell was that weight and speed!? if it isn't light itself, that sort of speed isn't possible, no!?"
"or perhaps, was it truly light itself? that sort of attack would be beyond the means of even a sword-saint!"
"it was only on account of holmes-san's predictions that i was able to intercept it!"
"if not for that, mashu might've been beheaded just now!"

Dioscuroi: Castor
Unforgivable.

Mashu
!

Musashi
Oo-toh!

Gudako
1: Mashu!
2: Musashi-chan! ←

Musashi
It's fine, it's fine ~☆
Rather than that, please take care of Mashu, 'kay?

You ———

Musashi
Was I disrespectful, perhaps?
Though, [I do say], the blade [brandished] by this mighty Kami-sama is far too light.
Whether in purpose or speed, it was too light; too light —
so alike to a feather that even somebody of my level could block it!
(As if! But I could only so flippantly retort!)
(What's with that weight; that speed!?
Isn't it the case that on account of not being light, that isn't possible!?)
(Or perhaps, it truly was light?
Not even a Sword-Saint could put forth such a blow!)
(Moreover, Holmes-san — that was indeed discernment quite becoming [of him].
It was per [his] assorted predictions that I was able to muster a means of defense!)
(If not for that ...
it's definitely the case that Mashu's head would by now be ...)

Apparently the Dioscuri twins have the authority to move at "superluminous" speed, but using it fully will destroy their Saint Graph.
In Chapter 17 Castor decides to move FTL in order to take Ritsuka as hostage, but coughs up blood as a result:
castor wields a shield, and pollux wields a blade
but, mashu now bears an imitation of the Aigis of Athena
and Caenis bears the trident of poseidon

-> musashi (thoughts): "the strongest shield and the strongest spear! if these be brought to bear -- they should simultaneously be brought to fall; the god of light, dioscuroi -- and its two heads!"

-> the dioscuroi, however, turn their gaze to guda
castor takes guda hostage
however, just as the dioscuroi are praising one another for turning the tables
pollux notices that castor is bleeding from the mouth

pollux: "it can't be! superluminal movement by the use of our authority!?"
"we're gods in truth no longer -- fallen to the standing of divine spirits! use of our authority in full invites the destruction of our spiritual core!"

the dioscuroi continue to hold guda hostage -- but something changes

But if aim be taken ...
There subsequent, there shan't be any match to my luminal speed ... certainly.

Dioscuroi: Pollux
Brother, from the corner of your mouth, blood is ———
It can't be!
Superluminous movement by the use of Authority!?
We are already not as Gods (神, kami) in truth, but fallen to the standing of Divine Spirits (神霊, shinrei)!
Genuine (本格, honkaku) use of Authority invites the complete destruction of the Spiritual Core!

This can potentially be the most powerful evidence so far for relativistic. It is wiser to wait for the full translation when the NA release arrives, but some questions that needs to be addressed first:

Did Musashi or Holmes get a dose of nanomachines like other characters?
How does Holmes informs Musashi of his predictions?
What does Holmes predictions entail, is it a vague 'an attack is coming' or is it something more precise?
Does this constitute aim dodging?

As a bonus there is a statement that both Musashi and Billy the Kid are faster than lightning:
Musashi
Sorry. Old habits and all that. Besides, a quick-draw battle between a gunslinger and a swordsman?
How could I NOT want to see which of us would win?
Granted, I've already won a number of quick-draw battles with other gunslingers, but Billy the Kid's GOT to be on a whole other level.

Musashi
Is it true you can fire off three rounds between a man's eyes before he's even had time to blink? You ARE supposed to be faster than lightning, right?

Billy
'Course I am. Plenty of folks've come to see if those rumors were true, and they've gotten more'n two or three rounds between the eyes for their trouble!

Billy
This ain't really the place, though. Too closed in. You're plannin' to deflect anythin' I fire and rush me for the kill, ain'tcha?
Probably cap the whole thing off by sayin' somethin' 'bout how you was only lookin' to see who's faster, then just mosey along.

Musashi
Ahaha, saw right through me, huh? Guess you and I are BOTH outlaws through and through!

So Lostbelt 5 in Olympus Chapter 3 has this feat where Musashi blocks a lightspeed attack which Holmes predicted. Found two translations both by fallacies, though the first one is a summary of sort:

Apparently the Dioscuri twins have the authority to move at "superluminous" speed, but using it fully will destroy their Saint Graph.
In Chapter 17 Castor decides to move FTL in order to take Ritsuka as hostage, but coughs up blood as a result:

This can potentially be the most powerful evidence so far for relativistic. It is wiser to wait for the full translation when the NA release arrives, but some questions that needs to be addressed first:

Did Musashi or Holmes get a dose of nanomachines like other characters?
How does Holmes informs Musashi of his predictions?
What does Holmes predictions entail, is it a vague 'an attack is coming' or is it something more precise?
Does this constitute aim dodging?

As a bonus there is a statement that both Musashi and Billy the Kid are faster than lightning:
Honestly feels like more supporting feats for Rel Combat speed and SoL to FTL reaction speed.

Back