• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genos has multiple tabs because he has multiple forms, incase you were unaware. Why remove them when they're a good way to show people all his different forms?

They don't need to be at the top of the page. A gallery section could be added further down for the rest of the images.

Qawsedf234 said:
I mean, that can still apply even in a war. The US used nukes against Japan, but they still had millions of soldiers, the ability to produce more nukes, and billions of dollars worth of war equitment to spare against Japan. You wouldn't say they held back, but they defiently could do a lot more if they felt like it.

In this case Saitama had strength to spare sure, but according to the anime guidebook the serious punch was a trump card. It was a notable fraction of his strength, unlike all of his previous punches. Someone with casual 5-B levels of attack output will feel nothing from a High 6-A wailing on him like with Boros anyways since the gap is to large.
But even at the end of the war where the US was completely overwhelming Japan.. it was still a war. Whereas Saitama vs Boros wasn't a battle. It not being an actual battle directly contradicts Serious Punch actually being a trump card. You can't use your best attack on someone and NOT treat it as an actual fight at the same time.

Whereas Saitama vs Boros wasn't a battle

It wasn't yeah... because of the AP difference. Anime Saitama is above 59.44 Zettatons of TNT, while Boros is somewhere in the hundreds of Petatons. Even going with baseline Moon level for Anime Boros, that's an enormous 2,005x difference in attack power. Considering Boros' only attack even approaching Saitama's somewhat serious physical strength requires all of his energy and leaves him completely unable to attack afterwards, there was never a chance for him to win outside of BFR.

It not being an actual battle directly contradicts Serious Punch actually being a trump card

It doesn't when you consider Saitama is at the minimum over 2,000 times stronger than Boros' physicals in his strongest form.

@Qawsedf234 Alright, I think I understand your point: that because there was a 0% chance that Boros could beat Saitama, even Saitama trying to make it a fight didn't change that. Basically that just because Thanos snapped the universe with the Infinity Gauntlet, that doesn't mean he's actually fighting the universe, he's just executing helpless opponents.

Yeah. In the anime, even with the better moon jump feat, the increases CSRC attack power to 5-B just means the physical gap is to massive for Boros to ever realistically overcome. Which is why it being a "trump card" makes sense to me in that context, since even if it was 95% of Saitama's strength it'd still be three orders of magnitude above Boros' physicals.

As a note, I do agree that in later anime seasons or OVAs they'll retcon that line in the guidebook. Just at the moment its all we have to go on and I don't find it contradicting in a glaring way.

On a blog? No. But @Boros-fa did do a rough calc forever ago here

EDIT: Using his number the gap in physicals would be over 111,000x in Saitama's favor btw.

So, Murata mentions that Boros' 3 generals would have no chance against Orochi, besides, he could react to Saitama's attempts to kill him, I don't think it would be wrong to scaled Orochi for this.

Energy and Gravity Manipulation are obvious enough for me to add to Tatsumaki right?

I'm sorta confused how they got that number. Like was it overpowering EC's KE or did they calc the portion he moved and the distance covered to get that rating.

I always wondered how much energy that would yield! It's not more than his other feat but still crazy, especially cause it was literally just the air pressure that did this.

Funnily I'm actually the person who took that calc and put it from a Imgur post lol. The calc in question was made by a close friend.

The calc is assuming this feat to be a durability feat for Genos, since he was right in the way of the shockwave

Yeah, it seems like it could be like that.. but would this only be for anime Genos?

(It kinda seems like an outlier tbh.. Since Genos can't produce nearly that ammount of energy, he even admits so)

Anime only, yes. Of course whilst I see no way around it logically being a durability feat for Genos given he takes the shockwave dead on, it does seem something a little too far above Genos' paygrade. It could be argued tho that said feat is the uppermost limit of Genos' power and he could tell from the casual ease in which Saitama performs it that he is simply nowhere near his full strength, but I'm not sure.

It's possible that like with the manga Saitama aimed to the side of Genos' head rsther than directly at him. That or it's just an outlier for him considering even the power creeped anime Dragon level threats are 6-C tops.

Well tbf the person who made the calc said the teratons End wasn't accurate cause it uses a method that inflates numbers.

I'm not a calc person myself but 7-C or 7-B is p consistent for Genos.

As I'm aware his highest calced feats for the Anime go up to High 7-A. Even despite that being the mountaintop feat done in his second armour set, that is still a ludicrous power discrepency of over 1000x. And this is being done pre-G4 upgrades and all.

So yeah, smells like an outlier.

so about this new fusion of psykos and orochi.. looks like neither of them has full control over the body, they keep shifting from orochi controlling to psykos controlling. so i guess we should treat like an entirely new character and just make a new profile?

We could honestly just call the fusion "Neuron" and leave it at that, since we're still unsure who to fully attribute the fusion to given Psykos and Orochi's inner battle for control.

USklaverei said:
So, Murata mentions that Boros' 3 generals would have no chance against Orochi, besides, he could react to Saitama's attempts to kill him, I don't think it would be wrong to scaled Orochi for this.
The three generals, as in the psychic?

Since Murata said that they "have no chance" against Orochi, that means that he would upscale from them, so Relativistic to Relativisitc+ Orochi. That would also buff Tatsumaki, Monster Psykos, anyone who scales to them, etc.

I intend to make a post about updating Onepunch-man, some calculations were accepted and I intend to approach everything in a single topic.

Nullflowerblush said:
Since Murata said that they "have no chance" against Orochi, that means that he would upscale from them, so Relativistic to Relativisitc+ Orochi. That would also buff Tatsumaki, Monster Psykos, anyone who scales to them, etc.
Isn't that simply Geryuganshoop's attack speed? With his current statistics Boros' three generals already have no chance against him.

The three generals having an almost zero percent chance at victory against Orochi doesn't mean he needs to be comparable to Geryu's attack speed. All that indicates is that their attacks would do basically zero damage to him. It doesn't matter how fast you attack when said attacks do no damage to your opponent, Geryu's attack speed can be monstrously faster than Orochi can even perceive and still guarantee a 0% chance of victory when said attacks simply lack the potency to even slightly damage Orochi.

Orochi is 51.75x times stronger than Gery. Considering Gery is the strongest of the three commanders and is still that much weaker, there's not much they can do. Any of Orochi's AoE blasts can kill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back