• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nullflowerblush said:
Would the visual representation of their video game fight imply that anime Garou and Suiryu are equal?
No, they were playing a video game. Not actually fighting.

Plus, in the end it's clear that Garou is faster/more skilled as he literally broke the game.

Nullflowerblush said:
anime meteoric burst boros and saitama can bust stars.
Not really. I know where this comes from (the databook), but in Japanese this is the databook entry

µÿƒÒéƵÂêÒüùÚúøÒü░ÒüÖÒü╗Òü®Òü«Õ¿üÕèøÒéÆÞ¬çÒéïÒâ£Òâ¡Òé╣Òü«þ®ÂµÑÁµèÇÒÇîÕ┤®µÿƒÕÆåÕô«þá▓ÒÇìÒü½Õ»¥µèùÒüÖÒéïÒü╣ÒüÅÒÇüÒéÁÒéñÒé┐Òâ×Òüîþ╣░ÒéèÕç║ÒüùÒüƒÒü«Òü»ÒÇîÒâ×Ò驵«┤ÒéèÒÇìÒÇéÒüôÒéîÒü¥ÒüºµÖ«ÚÇÜÒü«ÒâæÒâ│Òâüõ©ÇµÆâÒüºµ▒║þØÇÒéÆÒüñÒüæÒüªÒüìÒüƒÒéÁÒéñÒé┐Òâ×ÒüáÒüîÒÇüÕú«ÒâÉÒâêÒâ½Òü½ÒüñÒüäÒü½ÕêçÒéèµ£¡ÒéÆÕç║ÒüÖ!!

Translating everything but the celestial object desgination

In order to oppose Boros' ultimate technique [Collapsing Star Roaring Canon] which boasts enough power to blow away "µÿƒ" ,what Saitama pulled out was a [Serious Punch]. Even though up until now every battle had been concluded with a normal punch, he finally uses his trump card to end a terrific battle !!

As you see, there's not text evidence to back up "Star" as the valid translation over "Planet". I think they just went with star since the attack name is called the "Collasping Star Roaring Cannon", since in the anime Boros was very direct with the attack only being planet busting.

Although as a note, no matter what end we do use the anime version explicitly does say the Serious Punch was Saitama's trump card.

Qawsedf234 said:
Although as a note, no matter what end we do use the anime version explicitly does say the Serious Punch was Saitama's trump card.
Yeah, but even in the anime Boros confirms that Saitama had strength to spare, and that he never stood a chance.

Sure he can still do more, but it means that the serious punch is a notable percentage of his strength.

I mean Saitama didn't even directly hit anything with it.

Qawsedf234 said:
Sure he can still do more, but it means that the serious punch is a notable percentage of his strength.
No, it isn't. Saitama says in a bonus chapter that he has no killer moves (https://********.org/chapter/601084/1) and that there is no opponent he can't beat with normal punches to begin with (https://********.org/chapter/601084/2). As Boros said to Saitama "you didn't even bare your fangs at all, the entire battle" (https://********.org/chapter/67408/50).

So no, Saitama's "trump card" was literally just a stronger attack than normal that won the fight, there was nothing special about it other than that. Boros and Saitama aren't lying/ignorant, it doesn't trump their own statements in the manga itself, the highest cannon, there is no evidence to suggest " the serious punch is a notable percentage of his strength."

Nullflowerblush said:
This is anime Saitama, not manga Saitama.
It's not like one version is limited to an actual trump card and the other isn't. The only difference between them is max feats. They're not two entirely different characters.

All you're arguing is that "Both version say he has a trump card... BUT only the manga later contradicts later on. Therefore, anime Saitama's Serious Punch is actually his trump card."

Qawsedf234 said:
If you can prove ONE wrote or edited the script then you probably got ground to stand on scaling wise. Otherwise its more justifcation for Anime Genos' eventual profile.
i heard he wrote the Ovas for Season 1, not sure if he did for S2 too, but he has a tweet that implies that heavily. (am i allowed to link tweets here?)

No, it isn't

It is for anime Saitama until later contradicted. It explictly called his anime Serious Punch a trump card, something never attributed to manga Saitama.

it doesn't trump their own statements in the manga itself

I never said it did. I've only ever applied it to the anime version of the character.

They're not two entirely different characters.

They are for the sake of indexing and feats. Toei Goku is different from Manga Goku, Superman vs the Elite Superman is different from Post-Crisis Superman, and MCU Iron Man is different from 616 Iron Man, and Anime Saitama is different from Manga Saitama who's different from Webcomic Saitama.

Boros still said Saitama had strength to spare, and it was never a battle. If you use your trump card... that makes it a battle. It's like saying about a real life military event "they had strength to spare" and "it was never really a war" despite one side using nukes. Someone using their trump card definitely qualifies as a battle.

Epiccheev said:
i heard he wrote the Ovas for Season 1, not sure if he did for S2 too, but he has a tweet that implies that heavily. (am i allowed to link tweets here?)
you can link tweets

Scumerage said:
Boros still said Saitama had strength to spare, and it was never a battle. If you use your trump card... that makes it a battle. It's like saying about a real life military event "they had strength to spare" and "it was never really a war" despite one side using nukes. Someone using their trump card definitely qualifies as a battle.
I mean, that can still apply even in a war. The US used nukes against Japan, but they still had millions of soldiers, the ability to produce more nukes, and billions of dollars worth of war equitment to spare against Japan. You wouldn't say they held back, but they defiently could do a lot more if they felt like it.

In this case Saitama had strength to spare sure, but according to the anime guidebook the serious punch was a trump card. It was a notable fraction of his strength, unlike all of his previous punches. Someone with casual 5-B levels of attack output will feel nothing from a High 6-A wailing on him like with Boros anyways since the gap is to large.

Here

This seems like proof that he wrote the ovas so we actually might be able to use them

I want to point out that Hammerhead's Low 7-C calc has been changed due to recent value changes to destruction value. The new fragmentation of gold is now 50 J/cm^3. That makes the feat 261 Tons or 8-A.

Also there was some doubt about the statue actually being gold or if it was hollow on the inside. I think it should be dropped all together since there are too many unknown variables and the results aren't impressive anyway.

Pretty good chapter, Spirit Psykos looked like an Eva from Evangelion imo

It's seem that Tatsu will unleashe her full power now that Taro has been saved

Now i just to know if Spirit psykos is at the level of Orochi, if yes, Tatsu will probably scale above him in the next chapter

Above Ororchi most likely. Since Tatsumaki is already near Orochi is terms of power and it's clear Spirit Psykos (nice name) is at the very least stronger than this casual Tatsu

True, since Tatsumaki is known as Above Dragon. Too bad, cause I was hoping she was Low God.

Phoenks said:
Above Ororchi most likely. Since Tatsumaki is already near Orochi is terms of power and it's clear Spirit Psykos (nice name) is at the very least stronger than this casual Tatsu
I see

Spirit Psykos's name has popped out when i've read the chapter lol

Also did we just see a panel of Tatsu's past. That's really cool I've been looking forward to the manga exploring that.

Js250476 said:
Also did we just see a panel of Tatsu's past. That's really cool I've been looking forward to the manga exploring that.
Yeah, guess we will see once it's translated which will probably be in around 3-6 hours

I'm guessing the next chapter will be the base lift or the start of the base lift after a fight between Tatsumaki and the fusion.

Murata will likely cut back to the fight between Garou and Darkshine... then go on to Saitama and Flashy Flash again... Either way we will be getting some hella cool chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back