• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it's a nice buff to some of the mid-tier characters.

It's too early for that. Wait until the next chapter before making a whole new page.

Well from the current translations it seems like Psykos is the one in control of the body. So if we aren't making a new page we could probably just add it as a new key to Psykos' page.

A new key is probably better than an entire new page in the first place anyways.

Why on earth is human Psykos 6-C? She literally got her ass whooped by a casual Tatsumaki in seconds. Even Jagan lasted longer than that and he's 7-C. She couldn't do a single thing to Tatsumaki. The only reason Psykos wasn't turned into a potato in three seconds was because Tatsumaki wanted info from her.

Because Tornado looked a bit deranged when she grabbed Psykos, who then broke free of said grab. I would like it more if there was a "At least 7-B" rating before the 6-C though.

Also the feats on Gyoro Gyoro's key are performed by Psykos not Gyoro Gyoro.

Edit: Didn't realize it was already changed yesterday.

Actually I'm with DB2 here. Regardless of how she looks its clear she was still putting almost zero effort into this entire encounter. Even if she was exerting herself more than usual, the only statistics this would affect is lifting strength since all they're doing at the moment is psychically grappling with each other. Even this is sketchy given the incredible ease at which Tats was able to subdue Psykos with. A full on blast from Psykos was little more than a gentle breeze to Tats, so scaling her AP to the bullet feat is completely unsubstantiated from what I can see.

Also scaling Psykos to Sub-Relativistic when that's supposed to be Tats' top speed is just plain incorrect and needs to be changed.

Tats doesn't have any Sub-Relativistic feats. She only has that rating via scaling to Mob, so it's assumed that's her maximum. I frankly disagree with them cross-scaling like this, but regardless Psykos shouldn't scale to it.

Too early to be making any changes. The chapter isn't even translated yet.

I'll be undoing it for now, and a CRT should be created a later point in time in order to change it.

Spirit Psykos should be obviously 6-C

but i think there is a thread were she was upgrade at 6-C in her Human form, so now that it's accepted, i think a downgrade thread is necessary (or just bump the said thread and debunk the claim there)

Ight so Tatsumaki is confirmed to have been holding back so I'm now uncertain if Human Psykos scales.

Most people before seemed to agree which is why it was added.

Spirit Psykos is a dumb name.

I'm calling it Psykorochi in lack of a better name.

And Tatsumaki has ALWAYS been holding back the entire series.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Spirit Psykos is a dumb name.

I'm calling it Psykorochi in lack of a better name.

And Tatsumaki has ALWAYS been holding back the entire series.
Psykorochi sounds silly.

Tornado was always holding back against Psykos, the issue before was if she was using more effort against her than she did against the bullets. Personally I think the 6-C key for human Psykos should be removed, but Spirit Psykos/Psyrochi is fine with a 6-C key.

@Qaw

That would be implying that he 6-C feat which she did solely by closing her eyes and raising her hand required more effort from her than her ripping off the Meat Puppet from Gyoro Gyoro's body / Her scuffle with Psykos, which showed Tatsumaki putting some visible effort, which is indicated by the popping veins on her forehead which happens everytime an Esper is actually trying in One Punch Man.

Here's what I think:

• 1) Change Tatsumaki's rating to "At least 6-C" (Effortlessly stopped the barrage of bullets from Boros' ship)
  • 2) Psykos will scale to solely 6-C, scaling to Tatsumaki's casual feat
  • 3) Normal Orochi will be 6-C, scaling from Phoenix Man and his own feat (Add justifications please. It's also very likely that Full Power Orochi is stronger than Psykos, so he can also scale from her, as she didn't know the full extent of his power, see dialogue in this chapter)
  • 4) Fusion Psykos-Orochi is undoubtedly stronger than Full Power Orochi Pre-Fusion, and will likely push Tatsumaki to 100% and it will still be a difficult fight
So the ratings then become as follows:

• Tatsumaki: At least 6-C
  • Orochi: 6-C
  • Psykos: 6-C
  • Fusion Psykos: At least 6-C

Reading through the translations i don't think even her merged self should scale. Whilst she obviously managed to do significant damage to Tats, the actual method used had very little to do with her own power output. What she actually did was simply swap Tats' psychic barrier inside out, trapping her own power output within said barrier alongside some of her own that she was pumping in causing the internal pressure to increase, with the ultimatum that if she did manage to disable it her physical body would be left open to her crushing gravity waves. Essentially she managed to briefly overpower Tats more so due to hax than simple power output.

Granted she'd still be 6-C via merging with Orochi, but she shouldn't scale to Tats in any capacity as far as I see it

Why? Your argument only stems from the notion that Psykos doesn't scale to Full Power Tatsumaki, which is utterly meaningless because it seems to stem from the notion that Tatsumaki's 6-C feat was achieved by her using her full power. Which it wasn't.

And you also so a misunderstanding of how Esper abilities work in One Punch Man, simply equating it to a more general, fallacious Vs Debating logic of "It's Hax not AP", when Esper abilities in OPM are directly tied to power with the stronger Esper overpowering the weaker.

Finally, this would be ignoring every implication and suggestion ever done by the narrative that shows Tatsumaki's slow increase in exhertion vs Pyskos' slow increase in power throughout their fight. Which in my opinion is done way too often with OPM here, people ignore every story implication to stick their teeth squarely onto feats devoid of context.

"What she actually did was simply swap Tats' psychic barrier inside out, trapping her own power output within said barrier"

So, Tatsumaki was being overpowered by her own power? 'Cause if that is the case, that would lower the possibility of Monster Psykos scaling to Toots- Tats.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Why? Your argument only stems from the notion that Psykos doesn't scale to Full Power Tatsumaki, which is utterly meaningless because it seems to stem from the notion that Tatsumaki's 6-C feat was achieved by her using her full power. Which it wasn't.

And you also so a misunderstanding of how Esper abilities work in One Punch Man, simply equating it to a more general, fallacious Vs Debating logic of "It's Hax not AP", when Esper abilities in OPM are directly tied to power with the stronger Esper overpowering the weaker.

Finally, this would be ignoring every implication and suggestion ever done by the narrative that shows Tatsumaki's slow increase in exhertion vs Pyskos' slow increase in power throughout their fight. Which in my opinion is done way too often with OPM here, people ignore every story implication to stick their teeth squarely onto feats devoid of context.
This exactly. This series is held to such arbitrary standards that I don't see the likes of the HST held to.

Your argument stems from the notion that she exerted herself here more than she did during her bullet feat. But aside from being completely unsubstantiated to begin, it wouldn't matter much when the two were only shown briefly grappling with each other. i.e. lifting strength. Nothing to do with AP. The one actual form of attack shown during their fight was when Psykos blasted Tats with her eye lasers, something she blocked with even greater ease than said bullet feat before effortlessly subduing her.

You are aware that Espers possess an ability that allows them to block significantly more potent psychic waves by spinning their own weaker psychic waves around in a circle, correct? It's called psychic whirlwind, and is explicitly hax. The method used by Psykos in this chapter is also explicitly hax, since Psykos is using Tats' own psychic output against her in order to overpower her with only minimal assistance from her own output. Such a method wouldn't require Merged Psykos to be comparable to Tats' since she is overpowering her with herself, rather than her own psychic output. That is the definition of hax. Merged Psykos obviously doesn't fully scale given her gravity waves were still completely ineffective against Tats.

Again, Merged Psykos is still 6-C via scaling to Orochi, namely by literally being orochi himself. But all this accomplishes is scaling Tats' far above her current scaling, which we already know to be the case already.

Monster Psykos still managed to use her own ESP to resist Tatsumaki's gravity wave attack before she did the "flip the barrier" trick.

It's also kind of moot because Psykos comments on Orochi possessing "such power," implying that he's stronger than before, and the fact that their merged form should possess at minimum the baseline of both's abilities, which is significantly better than either of them were alone, and both are 6-C.

So IMO, "At least 6-C" makes the most sense; I agree with Schroeder.

Psykos was the one shooting out gravity waves, Tats commented on how such a trick is still useless against her

While I do get your points @SuperAPM, I'm going to agree with Matt for once here. Merged Psykos flipped her barrier then added her own pressure in with it, damaging her. To me that's solid scaling evidence along with being combined with Orochi who's already 6-C.

I don't agree with his normal Psykos points though. I find that the current reasonings are flimsy when Tornado was in complete control of the entire fight and later on interogated her without risk of a counter attack until Orochi showed up.

Its not quite that simple. Psykos makes it very clear that flipping her barrier around forces Tats' own power output to be used against her. She's essentially overpowering Tats with Tats' own power, her own output was a very minimal portion of the equation. I can agree its overall a moot point since Merged Psykos should definitely be 6-C by sheer virtue of literally being Orochi at that point, but she shouldn't fully scale to Tats is my point.

Who the hell added those extra tabs to Genos' profile? Genos just needs one image, that's all. I'm going to hakai those images once I get my computer back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back