• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also idk if it's been overlooked or not but when Murata said saitama never stopped training it's supported in the series because we see Saitama training even while bald early on in the series.

This is the big issue

From 0 km mark to 2 richter magnitude = 10 mm amplitude (More or less)

From 0 km mark to 12 richter magnitude = 100000000000 mm amplitude

Why did the calc maker use a 12 on the richter scale? Because he confused richter with the Mercalli intensity scale, which correlates to a much lower number (A 7.0 on the Richter Scale is a IX on the Mercalli for example). In other words they massively inflated the results. Using a 9.0 to 10.0 gets numbers close to what we currently have for Orochi.

Quangotjokes said:
Also idk if it's been overlooked or not but when Murata said saitama never stopped training it's supported in the series because we see Saitama training even while bald early on in the series.
You... do know what Saitama's training was crap, right? So Bald Saitama doing his 100 pushup etc "training" isn't actually real training. It would be effortless at his level of strength.

Qawsedf234 said:
This is the big issue
From 0 km mark to 2 richter magnitude = 10 mm amplitude (More or less)

From 0 km mark to 12 richter magnitude = 100000000000 mm amplitude
Why did the calc maker use a 12 on the richter scale? Because he confused richter with the Mercalli intensity scale, which correlates to a much lower number (A 7.0 on the Richter Scale is a IX on the Mercalli for example). In other words they massively inflated the results. Using a 9.0 to 10.0 gets numbers close to what we currently have for Orochi.

Ah, alright thanks.

As noted by Genos, the training itself is rather basic. What made it notable for Saitama is that he considered it difficult and slowly broke his limiter in the process of doing something he believed was really hard to fulfill his goal of being the strongest hero.

So I wouldn't take the "He kept training" as meaning his infinitely strong (barring a future feat in the High 3-A or Tier range). ONE himself even noted in an interview that Saitama in chapter one has already reached his peak strength, something opposite of most battle series.

I actually have a theory that Saitama gets exponentially more powerful each day.

You... do know what Saitama's training was crap, right? So Bald Saitama doing his 100 pushup etc "training" isn't actually real training. It would be effortless at his level of strength.

It works for Saitama and that's all that matters

I wasn't saying anything about him getting exponentially stronger or anything. Just validating his claim. But we don't know yet so we'll see what happens.

Just because of how he said stuff like "Could the you from yesterday beat the you of today" and "Why would I lose to the me of yesterday?"

Plus, in the VGS... He literally one-shot himself.

Other than that, there isn't much.

But it just seems he might actually still be getting more powerful.

Tetsucabrah said:
Looks like Pre G4 Genos too. Same outfit and arms as the G4 fight.
Scratch this. Even though the design is Pre G4, Fubuki is in it and is already acquainted with Saitama and Genos. So just an inconsistency on the art. It's likely just G4 Genos.

Scumerage said:
Quangotjokes said:
bro arent you supposed to be on the one punch man subreddit? what is you doing here

I asked to get the KE of both Nymph and Adult calced months ago, but as I was told then, the low density of Arthropods means that bugs of those size wouldn't yield anything impressive.

What is the yield of a bunker buster missile? Maybe we could use that since Saitama did damage the same shelter that Sea King did.

Tetsucabrah said:
What is the yield of a bunker buster missile? Maybe we could use that since Saitama did damage the same shelter that Sea King did.
Guess you can try and find a number using a common US bunker buster. Although the lady said missiles generally rather than bunker busters in particular. So it may he better to use stuff like rocket artillery or something.

Whatever it is, if it is weaker than a bunker buster, it ain't pretty. Tritonal has an energy density of 9 megajoules per kilogram, and with 240 kilograms, the BLU-109 only produces 2160 megajoules, which is 0.5 tons of tnt.

Attack Potency: At least Planet level (Instantly overpowered Boros' Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon, which he stated was going to "blast the planet to hell." The databook for the anime also confirms this, stating his attack boasted enough power to destroy planets. However, how much power he used against the attack is unknown but assumed to be more than casual as the databook also referred to his Serious Punch as a trump card. Left an enormous crater on the face of the moon as he jumped off of it)

Speed: At least FTL (Attacked Geryuganshoop, who can throw rocks at sub-light speeds, before he could even process the action, making him immensely faster than him. His attacks were seen as a "waste of psychic powers." Faster than Boros who kicked him to the moon in a matter of seconds, and jumped back to Earth in a shorter time frame; His kick has been described as being near light speed. Casually moved under the gravitational force of a black hole, which not even light can escape from, much to the shock of Geryunganshoop)

AP looks good to me. Speed has some issues imo

• Boros' kick is 57% SoL in the anime, or Rel+
  • Saitama's moon jump took 19 seconds to finish, which would be 6.7% SoL
  • Don't know if we're allowed to cross scale woG. But if we are then the rocks are fine supporting evidence.
  • The black hole feat is to inconsistent to use, but I guess that can be decided by the thread
  • When did the near-light kick thing happen?
Basically, imo, his speed should be "At least Rel+" not "At least FTL"

The near-light speed kick was also cross scaling WoG. In one of the artbooks, Murata said that Boros surrounded Saitama in energy and launched him to the moon at near-light speed. The only reason I tried to use extra canon (something like that) material from Murata to scale the anime is because the anime is based on the manga.

Geryuganshoop only had one showing, so I don't think you could say that his black hole gravitational pull thing is inconsistent. Unless you're referring how the gravity didn't destroy the ship, to which I would say darn. There is the possibility that the ship can handle such gravity, but that's purely headcanon.

Murata said he wasn't sure if Geryu could create a black hole. In the anime, he stated he increased the gravitational force around him and Saitama to that of a black hole, furthering that by stating not even light could escape it. Whether or not he is incorrect about that statement is beyond me. Maybe Murata was referring to the gravity thing. So, I guess it's fair to stick to Relativistic+.

Geryu didn't really create a black hole, he simply created a localised gravity field equivalent to the gravity within a black hole. I'm not sure if that still disqualifies it, but assuming it doesn't and that he isn't simply exaggerating himself it could be used to find the durability within the ship since it slightly withstood Saitama standing on top of it.

I asked DMUA a while back about the missile proof statements and he said a cruise missile would be okay to use but I'm not sure if that still holds.

Also I'll make a calc blog of Boros' kick when I get home in a couple hours.

Nullflowerblush said:
Geryuganshoop only had one showing, so I don't think you could say that his black hole gravitational pull thing is inconsistent. Unless you're referring how the gravity didn't destroy the ship, to which I would say darn. There is the possibility that the ship can handle such gravity, but that's purely headcanon.
Or... the guy who makes the black hole... has the power to control it and limit it's area of affect? I mean... that's the only way anyone could make a black hole and not kill themselves first try.

Quangotjokes said:
It works for Saitama and that's all that matters
At least when he had hair he was still struggling against monsters, exhausted most of the time, overheated, etc. So at his weakest moments it may have had some small effect.

We have no evidence of him getting stronger after he goes bald. Unless you count the audio book wquote of "always beating himself from yesterday" moral lesson as scientific fact, and ignore Saitama right after saying it was just a simulation, not real life.

Agreed, ONE said he is at peak strength. It's just up for speculation what that "peak strength" is. I for one would be greatly disappointed if his strength confirmed to be finite or infinite.

But as you rightly, we have no solid info yes, we have to wait and see how the series plays out. Though I wouldn't be surprised if no more info is given and the series ends with another held back planet level (maybe large planet level?) feat.

While you are totally free to comment, I would suggest making one large response over a couple smaller ones since wiki threads have a 500 comment limit and we're half way there already.

Zombieman also got massive chunks of his body blown off by a fairly casual Pureblood at several points in that fight, he "died" 200 times before getting his first kill at a point where Pureblood was most likely exhausted and blood deprived after 30 minutes of fighting. Zombie was clearly the physically inferior combatent in that fight, all this suggests is that he's 8-B with his weapons, like how the only other showing of him damaging Pureblood was with a gun shot that utterly wrecked his arm, and even that was a lucky shot given that several moments beforehand Pureblood managed to catch two shots that also wrecked both of Zombie's arm.

Yeah Zombieman is inferior, never said otherwise. Just feels weird to scale his physicals lower than his sword and axe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back