• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly canon.

The only reason i'm questioning its legitness is because the VGS has showed to have some problems in the past, maybe Saitama one-shotting himself is just a sign of how the VGS interprets his "limitless" strength.

So, if it recognize the current Saitama, then it's possible it recognize the past Saitama data it saved?

Genos uploaded Saitama on day x, then got Saitama from day (x+1) to fight against the previous Saitama. Saitama from day (x+1) one-shots.

KGiffoni said:
Shouldn't Saitama have accelerated development via one-shotting his self from yesterday?
There's also this statement, if this accounts for anything: " ...or could the you of tomorrow beat you today? Instead of giving in, just move forward. ".
This whole thing is very ambiguous. It's made VERY clear that the VGS isn't able to simulate Saitama's full power, as the whole thing is merely based on Genos' own data + the data of whoever fights in it.

Genos has NEVER seen Saitama's full power. Not even close to it, specially at that point in the story. The best thing he had personally witnessed Saitama do was punch the meteor. And from how the audiobook goes (+ Sound clues and all) it's very clear that Saitama isn't putting any effort in the virtual fights. From the punching / smacking sounds and all. Same when Darkshine fights virtual Saitama.

But then when Saitama fights the virtual Saitama from yesterday, the VGS ******* explodes if I remember correctly. The simulator blatantly cannot handle Saitama's power. And Saitama tells Genos just as much, saying that virtual simulations are unreliable and will never give you data on real fights.

The VGS also potentially had issues simulating Metal Bat's fighting spirit (though it's also possible he could have simply been overestimating himself.) In any case, it's evidence that the tech isn't completely reliable for things it cannot completely take into account, Saitama's strength being one of them.

Saitama told King that he can't get any stronger. I take Saitama's own word over a video game that can't properly simulate his power.

Though if we did go by Saitama getting 2 times stronger each day (massive lowball if we're saying each day he effortlessly one shots himself from yesterday) he'd become 3-A within months lol

Saitama WAS getting rapidly stronger every single day during his training period as a result of breaking his limiter. Which is why he gives Glasses that line, to perservere, work your hardest, and constantly surpass yourself.

This is perfectly exemplified with Saitama's fight against the Light Pull Cord monster. He goes from being stomped to getting up without injuries and one-shotting the monster just by pushing himself. But I guess Saitama eventually reached a peak when his limiter was completely gone, and he became bald.

Ryukama said:
Saitama told King that he can't get any stronger. I take Saitama's own word over a video game that can't properly simulate his power.
In the context of that scene, Saitama was talking about growing stronger from learning from others. But he can't learn from others, or rather, have trouble learning from others because he is too strong. That's why he went to the Super Fight Tournament, to see if he can learn something from martial arts but couldn't see them being other than just a fancy way to fight because he is too powerful to understand why they are important.

I remember somewhere it states that Saitama still continues his training.

D53B8B09-7C58-4253-8C73-76F122E7AB43

ElixirBlue said:
In the context of that scene, Saitama was talking about growing stronger from learning from others. But he can't learn from others, or rather, have trouble learning from others because he is too strong. That's why he went to the Super Fight Tournament, to see if he can learn something from martial arts but couldn't see them being other than just a fancy way to fight because he is too powerful to understand why they are important.

I remember somewhere it states that Saitama still continues his training.

D53B8B09-7C58-4253-8C73-76F122E7AB43
In that very scan you posted he says "I don't think I'll ever be able to become stronger than I am now." That very, very obviously goes against the idea that he's becoming stronger every day. Saitama did not mean "Well actually I do get stronger every day, so I am able to become stronger than I am now. But when I said I'm never going to become stronger than I am now I meant I'm never going to get stronger as a result of someone else teaching me something." When Saitama outright says "I can't get any stronger" he means "I can't get any stronger" plain and simple.

Also ONE has said that the idea behind Saitama is unlike shounen protagonists who grow, he starts the series off already at peak condition.

He gets physically stronger by continuing his training. Saitama has doubts he can get stronger through experience.

"Plain and Simple" would work if you actively ignore the context of the conversation.

Yes, Saitama can't learn anything from others. That doesn't mean when he blatantly says "I can't get any stronger than I am now" he secretly meant "I absolutely can get stronger than I am now, however it's just that I can't get stronger than I am now through learning from other people". He just means "I can't get any stronger".

Also how would Saitama get "stronger through training" when nothing physically exerts him anymore?

Your idea works you actively ignore what ONE has said the idea behind the series is, and try to add these complicated new meanings instead of what the statement is obviously supposed to mean.

Me? You are blowning one conversation that wasn't even about physical strength into meaning it was about physical strength.

What else besides physical strength can Saitama mean when he says "I'm too strong," "I'm so strong that no matter who I fight, I don't feel a thing" and "I don't think I'll ever be able to get stronger than I am now"? He's too emotionally strong?

Experience? The thrill of the fight? Knowing people like Genos always grows stronger more than just physically from the fights he experiences?

If what Saitama meant is experience he would've just said "I'm too experienced. I'm so experienced no matter who I fight, I don't feel a thing. I don't think I'll ever be able to get more experienced than I am now". He wouldn't use the word strong for that. Saitama's whole dillema is that he can't get a good fight because he's too physically strong. He doesn't use experience to beat everyone in one punch. When he's explaining that he's too strong, he's not going to actually have meant another word instead of strong.

And again, you're ignoring what ONE said and the fact that Saitama getting stronger through training doesn't even make sense when nothing can physically exert him anymore.

To add that was also the point of Boros' dying speech. That even in that fight Saitama never showed his true power and Boros never stood a chance.

And since you're going on about context, during this very same scene King asks Saitama wht he's unhappy that he reached the pinnacle of strength, to which Saitama says that since there's no room left for him to grow, he'll never be able to enjoy the feeling of reaching new heights. He then compares himself to a video game who's maxed out. How is it that he has no room left to grow and can't feel new heights if he's literally growing and feeling new heights every day? How can he be at pinnacle strength and compared to a maxed out character if he's still getting stronger?

The VGS crashed when trying to replicate Saitama's strength as a ghost, couldn't replicate MB's fighting spirit well, and had issues with Zombieman. I just don't see it as a accurate measurement system to say Saitama is always getting stronger, especially when it opens a weirdly large chain scaling thing.

Also, Ryukama is stretching it to mean physical strength. What about the thing people have been saying multiple times, "Saitama broke his limiter"? Is that not a thing anymore?

He said something along the lines of "If this day gets any more shitty, I'll end up destroying the Earth." It's probably just a hyperbole and there's to other webcomic statements to support it.

ByAsura said:
He said something along the lines of "If this day gets any more shitty, I'll end up destroying the Earth." It's probably just a hyperbole and there's to other webcomic statements to support it.
that statement was removed in the manga anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back