• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v10

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of Saitama's trash talking was removed. Mostly to write his character as heroic despite his circumstances.

Though, I hope to god Saitama still says "For now, I'm going to kick your ass" to Garou. That line is iconic after all these years.

ElixirBlue said:
A lot of Saitama's trash talking was removed. Mostly to write his character as heroic despite his circumstances.
what do you mean his trash talkinig was removed? can you give some examples?

Wow, Murata didn't give Pig God any special abilities or make him stronger than his Webcomic version but this is still an upgrade in my opinion from his webcomic's passive nature.

1D9E354C-4E5F-48F0-AE18-28C5889D4998

If anything, Pig God is weaker scaling-wise for being beaten so easily.

In the webcomic, it seems like he was one shotted by Gums. Manga, Pig God wasn't one shotted. Upgrade in my book.

We see scenes of them clashing. I'll bring them up.

Edit: I was wrong, it went just about the same.

In the webcomic, the image of Gums holding Pig God limp in his mouth is the last image of their fight.

Manga, Pig God still is fighting after that image. Shows Manga Pig God isn't fodder for Gums.

The scenes of Pig god vs Gums was identical in manga and webcomic except the part where Pig god tries to escape Gums mouth in webcomic but we can safely assume this is the case since Pig god isn't eaten by Gums later on before the base crash so no upgrade

Kinda. Many people in the community thought Pig God could no longer struggle after that image with Gums.

Yeah but he was able to move a bit against his fight with Awakened Garou so maybe he could actually fight in webcomic but was obviously losing against Gums

I've been trying to post an image of that but the site I'm using doesn't allow me to copy images in any way. Just have to wait for the translation.

But yes, that's probably worth an upgrade.

Probably best, yeah.

Tho I should mention now that this will probably mean that Fubuki no longer has any evidence to suggest that she should scale to Genos. Or at the very least to Genos' High 7-C key. Which would mean a downgrade for her initial appearance's and then a second key that is 7-B/A or whatever. Who knows maybe Genos actually is 7-B now with the armor set he used to destroy G5 with.

I imagine the more the manga explores this arc, a webcomic profile for these characters would be more workable, as there is already enough support that there is a difference between Webcomic characters and Manga characters.

SuperAPM said:
Probably best, yeah.
Tho I should mention now that this will probably mean that Fubuki no longer has any evidence to suggest that she should scale to Genos. Or at the very least to Genos' High 7-C key. Which would mean a downgrade for her initial appearance's and then a second key that is 7-B/A or whatever. Who knows maybe Genos actually is 7-B now with the armor set he used to destroy G5 with.
Genos is implied to be a glass cannon now so if she does protect him still she would scale to his previous form's durability I believe.

Since Dr Kuseno said everything in this upgrade went into offense.

Fubuki has solid evidence for being at least 7-B now, so she's obviously much stronger than she was when she fought, say, D-OS or whatever. If Fubuki does protect Genos it'd only apply to her proposed second key.

Well to add, assuming Rover isn't downgraded, she would have the following changes

• First key changes to High 8-C and anyone who scales only from her gets downgraded
  • Her second key just becomes a MA arc key

This is assuming any of her tornado calcs don't yield anything higher than that. Doubtful of that but you never know.

How would Evil Eye be affected by this?

https://********.org/chapter/102159/1

https://********.org/chapter/102159/2

This monster Snek defeated seems pretty strong. I doubt it would change his rating now but it's good supporting evidence.

I keep forgetting to mention this for some reason, so before I forget to do so again;

Should the baseline for Demons be upped to 8-B?

Tetsucabrah said:
https://********.org/chapter/5767/10
This looks impressive. So maybe this could be calc'd if she gets downgraded.
Mob did a tornado who dwarfed buildings and could be seen multiple city blocks away... it only wielded baseline 8-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back