• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The time travel could stay for all I care, get rid of the farting and sneezing. It's not funny. This chapter was great except for key/small parts, so there really isn't much to fix/redraw. I would like it if time travel got removed for something that made more sense, but tbh my biggest asks are removing the sneeze and fart
Coming up next Overlord volume: Ainz destroys a kingdom by sneeze farting

unknown.png

Looking back on the last chapter, it seems like all the spacial hax Garou demonstrated can be achieved via just have knowledge and understanding.

You know, a lot of people are hating on the time travel tidbit but I'm not exactly seeing an easy solution for everyone Saitama ever cared about being murdered or dying from radiation poisoning.
Genos could be fixed by Kusano-ex machina or something, but that'd be just another plot device, though whether it'd be better or worse than time travel is up to interpretation and actual execution. Radiation poisoning could be relieved by people like Bofoi building hyper advanced radiation therapy stuff, with perhaps some random hero who specializes in toxic waste cleanup who can absorb radiation or something also helping. There's other ways to do it, it just depends on if its done well

People really need to realize that the webcomic and manga are separate continuities and they don’t have to line up perfectly.
True. It's one thing to compare the manga and webcomic, but it's another thing to try to ruin anyone's enjoyment of one or the other. For example, I don't like a lot of Phase 4 of the MCU, personally, but if others do, that's fine.

WC elitists: garou doesn't kill and tats is an evil phenomenon=peak fiction
manga simply flips garou into being an absolute freak and making tats more careful
WC elitists: "but but but, this is so out of character..."
Tbf Garou was a bit out-of-character from time to time. Not CF Garou of course, but Garou during some of the later versions of this arc didn't really feel the same as he did before it, even comparing him in the manga purely. Hero Hunter Garou was more intimidating and cruel than Monster Garou imo.

Lets not dog pile TGS for not liking the manga. You can disagree with their opinions without resorting to personal attacks or just ripping into them.
WC elitists: garou doesn't kill and tats is an evil phenomenon=peak fiction
manga simply flips garou into being an absolute freak and making tats more careful
WC elitists: "but but but, this is so out of character..."
That's not really what they're arguing. The main issues I've seen is mostly just
  • Extreme amounts of bloat or redundant material (Sage Centipede and Melted FU for example)
  • The manga elbow dropping the reader with statements that Garou's actually a good person
  • The mind control and time travel aspect just generally ruining stakes since almost no story does them well
  • Multiple extreme redraws that change the plot heavily and result in even more redraws
I've never really seen anyone complain about Tornado being slightly nicer or Garou murdering people, the issue is that they tried to keep the twist from the WebComic but weren't subtle about it.

Lets not dog pile TGS for not liking the manga. You can disagree with their opinions without resorting to personal attacks or just ripping into them.

That's not really what they're arguing. The main issues I've seen is mostly just
  • Extreme amounts of bloat or redundant material (Sage Centipede and Melted FU for example)
  • The manga elbow dropping the reader with statements that Garou's actually a good person
  • The mind control and time travel aspect just generally ruining stakes since almost no story does them well
  • Multiple extreme redraws that change the plot heavily and result in even more redraws
I've never really seen anyone complain about Tornado being slightly nicer or Garou murdering people, the issue is that they tried to keep the twist from the WebComic but weren't subtle about it.

the problem is that at least for me, the web comic is shit, because of how it looks and not because of the story,i prefer stories with good draw,not bad draw with good storie

had no help from God
I feel like they were going that way until ONE backtracked after all the dislike about the original version of chapter 164 or didn't like where the plot was going. God was basically the only option left at that point since Garou wasn't anywhere near Saitama.
the web comic is shit,
Well okay tha-
because of how it looks and not because of the story
Lmao.

Well at least you're honest I guess.

@Therefir For the GRB thing, are we using supernova energies as a baseline or are going to just go with some various estimated GRB measurement?

Right I did forgot to add my personal complaint regarding the bloat: The arc did the same thing the Amazing Spider-Man and DCEU did in my view, where they just shoved in a ton of future plot hooks in way to soon. You didn't need the Blastvengers (which ONE seemingly agreed with since he removed Murata's entire section on them), you probably didn't need to much God set up and a lot of the stuff with Blast were for future arcs.

I feel like they were going that way until ONE backtracked after all the dislike about the original version of chapter 164 or didn't like where the plot was going. God was basically the only option left at that point since Garou wasn't anywhere near Saitama.
I believe it's because ONE and Murata realized the fight was incredibly lackluster on all fronts which nobody would ever admit until cosmic Garou happened.

2 filler chapters, indeed, they can simply be retconned and hold no value if we're being honest. FU is peak, absolutely nothing wrong with him, unless you really just wanted bang to one shot 2 dragons and lose bang vs garou aswell as no character development from multiple characters.
well he's always been a good person, the manga just made it obvious which is a fair point but doesn't make the readers die from this change.
the stakes already happened tho, if anything it builds more around just what is saitama even?
i can agree with that to some extent but alot of the redraws built more stuff rather than each arc being independent from one another and can be a story without any context.
there were alot of people going crazy that garou was being to nice then when hes brought back more to his wc "self" they complained, so no satisfication will come no matter the route unless its a 1:1 copy.

also they're hating on the same man, ONE. like he decided that route B was the move so to be complaining about a totally different story makes no sense.

Edit: about the plot hooks being forced in, ig that is good reasoning but considering the manga will still have the same general arc route, you can't really throw any eerieness into the next 3 arcs, even with all the god stuff in the wc, ONE made saitama go on a journey that is exclusive to any of the other arcs.

Back